We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 20:23

Balladeer wrote:
...eeeeeeeeh, not quite enough, though I take your point.  Simply put, I miss Mario Golf and Mario Tennis.  Remember when those series were good?  Sigh...

I get it. Although I never played one, I loved the idea of the Mario sports RPGs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 11:14

Jas and I were talking on Twitter about Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime, the up-to-four-player local co-op game about operating different parts of a spaceship - shields, guns, etc. - to fend off alien hordes. It looks awesome from the clip I saw this morning but another game that I won't get the full benefit from without local video game playing friends. Sad Plus also, I don't even have four controllers...

...still seriously thinking about getting it... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 11:54

I quite enjoyed what I played in 2 player, made juggling the stations a little more important and was good fun.
Still does require a player 2 mind... - Banger
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 12:22

ZeroJones wrote:
OK, thanks for putting me in the picture. Winky Face I've never played a Harvest Moon - not even the Rune Factory one that Andy pushed heavily in the not-too-distant past - and I've just got a huge backlog at the minute too.

Probably means I'll get it. Embarrassed

I think Oxenfree could be a slightly more of a ZeroJones game and certainly a Duckalilly and Muss title but I've only seen it listed in the USA store for $20 and I've just been given $20 by NSG as part of PlayAsia partnership, woop.

So I will be double-dipping and be the first game part from maybe Zelda & Mario Kart which where slightly more understandable then a game that is just like for like for a game I played on PS4 and really should just replay on that due to the story and trophies.

As I've not really got to pay for that, I'll also being getting Stardew Valley but I think this week has something like 10 games are out including one I own on Dreamcast.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 17:20

I'm really keen for Stardew Valley. I've not played a relaxing game in quite some time, so I'm up for this. I've never played a Harvest Moon game either, so this interests me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:22

LiaDS does look interesting, but The Lady and I had probably better try and finish a co-op game before trying another new one. Thus far Snipperclips and Overcooked have fallen by the wayside without being completed...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Oct 2017 - 23:10

Never mind any of this! I've got to save my cash for Mutant Mudds Collection!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 17:27

GamesIndustry has rounded up a bunch of Switch indie devs that have released games on the platform to discuss early success, the wave of indie content rushing towards the platform, and market saturation.

That's from GoNintendo and certainly a good read.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 20:44

Read that earlier today and you're bang on, mas - a great read. Uplifting, almost. Shocked

Has anyone indulged in anything from today's flurry of eShop games?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 21:07

Bought Stardew but yet to give it a bash as I got sent codes for 3 games by NSG and has given me now over 30 Switch games.

And I'll be buying Oxenfree tomorrow of the USA store with my voucher, I'm hoping nothing comes out I want next week, so I can finish SteamWorld Dig 2 and start something proper out of Golf Story, Stardew and Oxenfree.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 23:00

Some cracking indie games recently, eh? The four games you've mentioned are on my "probably going to buy" list, and considering that they've all come out pretty close together, that's a huge testament to the eShop's quality.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySat 7 Oct 2017 - 8:37

It's a rare thing when a Nintendo fan is drowning in his own backlog and great games are still coming out. I like it... I think.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 14:51

Want to talk about drowning in games Balla this week alone these got announced:

1. Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
2. Plague Road
2. Mecho Tales
4. Stern Pinball Arcade
5. Don't Knock Twice
6. Mutant Mudds Collection
7. No Heroes Here
8. Projection First Light
9. Fear Effect Sedna, I'm sort of excited for this one but the change of genre is a little muh.
10. Bike of the Wild, Zelda BotW but with bikes.
11. Neon Chrome, which Jay will be reviewing this one.
12. Tangledeep, this looks good as it is a SNES Style RPG but with roguelike elements which does put me off a bit
13. Never Stop Sneakin', a comedy homage to Metal Gear Solid, which sort of sells me on it before knowing it's from Humble Hearts.
14. The Flame in the Flood, which I own on PS4 as it has a charming art-style plus people who worked on Bioshock worked on it but the whole procedurally generated nature of it didn't click with me also we may have a review of this as well on Gintendo.
15. Darkest Dungeon, I'm all over this one which is a big as deal as Stardew Valley coming to Switch.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 15:04

The Flame & The Flood's soundtrack was done by Chuck Ragan & The Camaraderie, so while I've never played the game, I've listened to it's music literally dozens of times. It's absolutely superb.

I'm not playing anything else from the eShop for now - I know nothing else is going to get started because of FIFA 18, and I know nothing else is going to get finished because of Super Mario Odyssey. Maybe I'll get some of this new stuff in the likely Christmas sale.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 15:08

Certainly is great music and it has lot going for it and if I didn't have loads to play on Switch and didn't own it, I may have took the plunge on the Switch version as it might be great on the go game.

As you could play by starting off getting to a hut and stopping which would only be like 10 or 15 mins.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 17:59

Always heard good things about The flame In the flood, so thats on my e shop wish list along with 6 or 7 other games right now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 19:03

masofdas wrote:
10. Bike of the Wild, Zelda BotW but with bikes.

I don't care about most of these (thank goodness), but this looked particularly shocking. I'm surprised it got through quality control with that name.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 21:01

I'll need to find out more before I'd be interested in any of the games in mas's list there... but it is impressive support for the young Switch. It's easily beaten the Wii U's first year, if not its entire lifetime. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I'm going to nab me Thimbleweed Park when I've beaten a few more games. Cool
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 21:04

Please do!  While some areas of 'logic' have frustrated me (not being able to see something we needed to pick up because the area's dark DAMN YOU! ), it's looking like it could be an absolute doozy of a mystery.  The characters seem interesting and the backtracking's not too tedious: good signs for the genre.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 8 Oct 2017 - 21:48

masofdas wrote:
. Darkest Dungeon, I'm all over this one which is a big as deal as Stardew Valley coming to Switch.

Ooh, are we getting that on Switch? Nice one - it's one I've definitely had my eye on the past. Christ, my Nindies backlog is growing by the day!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The Flame & The Flood's soundtrack was done by Chuck Ragan & The Camaraderie, so while I've never played the game, I've listened to it's music literally dozens of times. It's absolutely superb.

That was a cracker of a tune, good stuff. It's actually got me interested in playing the game now - the power of music, my friends.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 10:28

So has anyone picked up Stardew on Switch? I fired up the PS4 version 3 times this weekend and I just do not get that game. I don't think the console port is great, not much of a fan of the characters, the world and I feel like I just can't kick back and enjoy the farming. Ended up firing up Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii instead, feels light years ahead in terms of its playability.

I think you need some serious retro harvest moon nostalgia to get on with this game...

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 13:38

I didn't really get that into it after having picked it up as a part of a Humble Bundle a few months back, but I am aware that there is a mod for the PC version wherein every townsperson has their own wank scheduled into their weekly routines.

I feel like the eshop is in increasing need of a few UI updates. I hadn't looked at it for a month or so and the amount of choice already available is quite impressive. There's a few older launch titles I want to keep an eye on, to see if their price comes down, but its getting a bit more cumbersome sifting through several screens to find them. Nice to have so much choice though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 13:42

Not sure how I feel about a scheduled wank, should definitely be a bit more spontaneous.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:21

Muss wrote:

I feel like the eshop is in increasing need of a few UI updates. I hadn't looked at it for a month or so and the amount of choice already available is quite impressive. There's a few older launch titles I want to keep an eye on, to see if their price comes down, but its getting a bit more cumbersome sifting through several screens to find them. Nice to have so much choice though.

The easiest way to track the games you're interested in as adding them to your watchlist, which you can access through your profile. Still not ideal, so I'm definitely in agreement with you that the eShop needs some updates. Where's the music? The categories? Hopefully that'll come sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:06

I always know exactly what I'm getting from it, and it's alright for that. Less good for browsing, I suspect. My main problem with it is also my main problem with the Switch's user interface in general: lack of character.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Not sure how I feel about a scheduled wank, should definitely be a bit more spontaneous.

Hm, good point by the Crumpster. Perhaps we could have a discussion about this? It might be quite a large one, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next