We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+6
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 20:36

Trust me, I'm as excited at the prospect of being charged four quid for the first Zelda FOR THE ONE BILLIONTH TIME as you are, but surely we can be talking about the Switch Virtual Console news that's just started doing the rounds on the usual news sites today:

Rumour spoilered just in case:

What does everybody make of that rumour?

I'm wanting to see big improvements in the Switch's Virtual Console from the one that we've got on the Wii U. The display, 'deadzone' and audio issues are bad enough, but if Nintendo plan on very slowly dripping through the releases in the same way that they did this time, then they can fuck right off with that. There was no good reason for any of that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 21:16

If they try and do the Virtual Console again the way it was on Wii, Wii U and 3DS they really have lost the plot. Hopefully some kind of unified account, and a way to download games bought on previous consoles through that account. Similarly, they need to make sure they are top quality ports, especially with the NES Mini knocking about now.

All that aside. . . excited for some gamecube stuff. There are a couple of big 'Cube games I'd really like to play which are crazy expensive to get on disk, so fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 21:29

'Some dick off Eurogamer' is about right.  I'm not getting excited about anything just yet.  And there need to be some big improvements to Nintendo's previous attempts (or indeed some deadzones in their normal release schedule - please not ta) for me to be interested in this again. Also, how large would a memory card have to be to fit SSBM data on it?

That said... I'd buy TTYD again in a heartbeat.  I know I would. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 22:46

It's the last really big ace up Nintendo's sleeve in VC terms, so they've got to do it. If not, in terms of novelty, you'd be looking at Japan-only stuff - a Legendary Starfy pack, or some Satellaview things, or the few unreleased things (dying to get on Stunt Race FX again). There should be no fee to play anything you've already downloaded on anything that's NNID linked. If there is, the Internet will be full of smh. At best.

It's time for a shakeup.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 23:44

It's definitely time for a shake-up. On Wii U, the Virtual Console is so poorly supported, and what's on there has been very badly distributed (with just the ocassional release these days). As good as some of their games are, you know that Nintendo, Konami and Capcom will chip in with the same old NES and SNES stuff - and there's no chance in hell that I'm buying it all over again. So what else is there? We know the answer to this: it's loads. It's so clearly and obviously loads.

I've got concerns about the pricing though. It's not just me that's noticed that Nintendo of Europe have bumped up the price of SNES games on the New 3DS eShop to £7.19 each (from £5.49 each on Wii U), is it? I mean, how does a ROM dump get more expensive over time?! Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:36

Agreed with what everyone is saying but should they just make the current VC catalogue instantly available on Switch? I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to do that with the Nintendo games but the others may be depending on what sort of licence agreement they have.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:42

They should. They won't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:46

I'm pleased to hear Cube games could be coming, don't worry Balla the avg file size is 1.35GB for a Cube game and now with compression likely to be under 1GB.

The thing I don't want to do is buy VC games I own again which I thought was one of the points of the partnership with DeNA to improve online and My Nintendo to track everything you've bought.

I'm not saying everything has to be their day one but take PlayStation 4 when Journey was added a few months after launch, I just downloaded it again for free because I already bought it on PS3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:39

I really hope a unified account with your purchases tied to it comes around. It's long over due - either that, or a rehaul of their pricing structure as the cost of NES titles is getting ridiculous.

Having said that, the prospect of Super Smash Bros. Melee on the go? Well, Shigsy says it for me:

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread Source

(This won't be the last time I use this .gif)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 6:26

You, Jay? Use gifs? Never seen that before... Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 8:39

Laughing

Also, Scullion's not wrong when he says that Trinen's tongue thing is pretty odd. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 12:52

Balladeer wrote:
Laughing

Also, Scullion's not wrong when he says that Trinen's tongue thing is pretty odd. Eh?

Cheers, now I can't stop looking at it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:47

Confirmed: Bill Trinen is a lizard. (Like the queen).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:54

We know NES and SNES games with online are coming, but no other systems as of yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 21:36

I've already moaned about not being allowed to keep the NES and SNES games given as part of their online subscription in the general Switch chat thread, so instead I'll praise the fact that they're adding online play to Virtual Console games. That's a really interesting idea, and I wonder if they'll manage to do the same for the rumoured Gamecube Virtual Console releases.

Online Melee, please!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 0:05

Personally I'm salivating at the thought of online Balloon fight.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 16:03

The_Jaster wrote:
Personally I'm salivating at the thought of online Balloon fight.

That's a NES game, only SNES games are confirmed to have online so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 17:33

Sad

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread Giphy
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 18:21

Surely they're gonna do a U-turn on the "only for that month" part because unless the subscription is cheaper than the competition there's gonna be (even more) backlash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:43

When was the last time Nintendo u-turned on something in recent memory though? The only thing that comes to mind for me is when they turned back on their stupid decision to bar Super Smash Bros. Melee from being streamed at EVO a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:40

I don't think I care any more? If, by some weird chance, I feel the need to play SMB or something for the billionth time, I've still got it on my Wii and Wii U and 3DS, so I'm not too fussed about not getting it for free on my Switch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:00

I'm expecting some kind of deal where if you've already got a game on a device with the same NNID tied in, something something something. Reggie said that we should watch that space.

*watches*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 6:23

That's surely the bare minimum we should be expecting. (I say 'surely', Nintendo have already done one bloody stupid thing in this space so all bets should be off really.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 8:07

ZeroJones wrote:
I'm expecting some kind of deal where if you've already got a game on a device with the same NNID tied in, something something something. Reggie said that we should watch that space.

*watches*

Wasn't this the point of My Nintendo tracking everything you buy, rewarding you with medals for playing games and buying them. Yet we know nothing at the Switch is 45 (I think) days away, I hope we get a regional direct in February confirming what online is on Switch, the launch line up which at the moment is 5 games for Europe and what if anything is on the Virtual Console and eShop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread EmptySat 11 Feb 2017 - 21:21

I was thinking could we get Virtual Console games from other systems that Nintendo couldn't mention, well they would be more eShops titles then VC .

I'm talking the likes of Xenogears the actual first Xeno series game, it's a PS1 game and that's not going to be thing like Turbo Grafx-16 is on Wii U but the PS4 has SNES games as they have nothing to do with Nintendo and the 360 has Symphony of the Night.

Why couldn't Square who I think own the Xenogears IP, put it out on the Switch.

The simple question is could / do you want companies to put out classics from consoles like the PS1 on Switch as eShop games?

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 11:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next