We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+6
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 0:47

Im all for the cube games, out of the ones that "dick" said I'm all for two out of the three
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Feb 2017 - 8:00

If they could do it, I don't see why not. I suppose you wouldn't need emulation for something like Xenogears, necessarily, either - just program it to work with the Switch's architecture. Please note: I could be being hopelessly naive here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 15:51

Virtual Console not ready on day one. "More information to be shared in the future", we're told. "Please understand" can't have been that far away... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:25

I wasn't expecting to have VC on day one if I'm honest, hopefully this means we are getting more than the standard NES/SNES/N64 libraries.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 18:30

That's the thing, isn't it? I'm looking to be enthused about the Virtual Console again after the Wii U and 3DS offerings lacked most of what the Wii's had and didn't add a great deal (and the GBA/DS stuff went in the wrong place (although I could see why they did it that way)).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 19:03

I think having the much rumoured Gamecube Virtual Console will bolster that for you, Zero. Myself and Andy were getting excited about having Path of Radiance on the go during a Monster Hunter sesh last night, for starters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 22:18

Maybe it's being held back so that they have time to revamp their dumb renting idea that was full of dumb?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 8:54

JayMoyles wrote:
I think having the much rumoured GameCube Virtual Console will bolster that for you, Zero. Myself and Andy were getting excited about having Path of Radiance on the go during a Monster Hunter sesh last night, for starters.

PoR would be a huge for me as it's one I don't own for Cube as it's £90+ and if Nintendo had any sense they have games like that just before or around the launch of games in the series, like to me I would had all the Zelda's available day one on the Switch.

I'd also like to see them continue what the did on Wii and have Mega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast and other systems games on the VC even if it's the Xbox 360 port of Sonic CD.

Nintendo could if they wanted to have a bigger play on nostalgia if they go here's NES, SNES, N64, Cube, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DS along with 2600, Neo Geo, Turbo Grafx, Mega Drive.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:11

As much as I love the enthusiasm, mas, the punters have to invest in the Switch before stuff like the Atari 2600 is viable on its VC. I mean, we should still be agog that the C64 appeared on the Wii VC. If you think about it, that's near total madness. Shocked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:16

Balladeer wrote:
Maybe it's being held back so that they have time to revamp their dumb renting idea that was full of dumb?

The free NES/SNES game for a month thing? Yeah I don't see that changing & I also think it's OK if the rumoured sub price of £20 (for a year) is correct.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:23

Yeah, the free rental with a subscription that was half the price of elsewhere (where I rarely play my free games anyway) was fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 12:26

If they wire online multiplayer into all VC games, I'd happily pay the £20. Heck, for that, I'd happily pay £20 a week.*
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 16:38

The Saturn is unlikely but it would be nice to see the Xbox 360/PS3 versions of titles like Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun added. The good thing about Gamecube games is that they tend to be 1.6GB so won't take up as much room as say, a PS2 game. I'm not sure having Zelda games at launch would have been the best idea as everyone will be playing BotW. It will be at least 5 years until another Zelda, so the older games will be a nice boost for the series in between DLC.

Can see Mario 64 or Sunshine launching before Odyssey (Sunshine in the summer would be nice!). They have such a vast library that they don't really need the SEGA stuff on top, and they'll be wise not to dump it all there in the first 6 months, but also we don't want stuff like Pokemon Snap appearing 4 years in to the console's life...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 19:17

I wish I could, GJones. I can more easily see them bringing out Sunshine two years down the line when nobody cares. Nintendo's done many great things, but their treatment of the VC is not one of them.

And I'd rather get a free game to own every month than a free game to rent + online multiplayer. Call it what you want, it feels like a cheap psychological trick to get people to buy the game after the month to me, and looking around the industry there's no excuse for it really.

I don't think it'll change either. Wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 20:29

Balladeer wrote:
And I'd rather get a free game to own every month than a free game to rent + online multiplayer.  Call it what you want, it feels like a cheap psychological trick to get people to buy the game after the month to me, and looking around the industry there's no excuse for it really.

You could just not sign up to the online service, and buy a game every month.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Feb 2017 - 23:32

@Zero I just thought with how well the NES Mini has done they could play the nostalgia card to loads of gamers

@gJones yeah I think it would have to be the PCS360 of Saturn games etc but would be cool

I think the online service is weird but would will all be playing Super Mario Kart online after the first month? This way we would all be playing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:49

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
And I'd rather get a free game to own every month than a free game to rent + online multiplayer.  Call it what you want, it feels like a cheap psychological trick to get people to buy the game after the month to me, and looking around the industry there's no excuse for it really.

You could just not sign up to the online service, and buy a game every month.

Disagree with this. Balla quite rightly mentions that Nintendo's competitors have them whipped in regards to the free games with your online subscription side of things. With online play being put behind a paywall, I'd expect Nintendo to at least let you own a NES or a SNES game for as long as you're an active subscriber, considering Sony and Microsoft do the exact same but for much newer releases.

It's the only part of the Switch's overall premise that still rankles with me, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:17

Now that GameCube controllers work on Switch which hopefully means GameCube Virtual Console, what games do we actually want (doesn't have to be just Cube)?

As someone who owns 90 GameCube games and things like Wind Waker 3 times already, I'm not sure I need it a 4th time even if be great to play on the go.

The Games I want on Switch VC:

1. Battalion Wars, Never played it
2. Chibi-Robo! Never played it and it is rather expensive
3. F-Zero GX, I have played but don't own and if where not going to see a another F-Zero fro awhile this would be great
4. Geist, Something different from Nintendo's library
5. Killer 7, I think Suda 51 has even said he wants to bring this back and VC could be the way
6. Kirby Air Ride, Never played and is rather expensive
7. Mario Superstar Baseball, Never played and is rather expensive
8. Wario World, I don't own but this was a banger
9. Mother 3, Never played and I want to see what all fuss is about

My most wanted game for Switch VC is:
10. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:23

I would want three games, and everything else after/alongside it is gravy. The magic trio are: Chibi-Robo!, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and Super Mario Sunshine. Big and obvious they may be, but they are nonetheless my desires.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:44

Zero's first two are the ones I'd want as well. SMS I'm happy to leave in the past, as an interesting experiment for the Mario series; but I foolishly missed out on Chibi first time around, and I'll play and support TTYD as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:52

Aye chibo robo is a must as I sadly had to sell the copy I had last year, my copy of Paper Mario TTYD has a hairline crack in it as well so I don't dare play it on my cube so that's another I agree on.

One off the top of my head I'd like to see is Eternal Darkness.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 21:17

Super Monkey Ball on the go, please! All I would be after is just your usual 'best of' stuff to play on Handheld Mode.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 23:12

masofdas wrote:
As someone who owns 90 GameCube games and things like Wind Waker 3 times already, I'm not sure I need it a 4th time even if be great to play on the go.

I would happily buy it a 4th time.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 23:37

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Super Monkey Ball on the go, please! All I would be after is just your usual 'best of' stuff to play on Handheld Mode.

That's a bloody great shout! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 11:03

Treesmurf wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I would happily buy it a 4th time.

Sent from Topic'it App

I will along with the Best of type stuff but sooner have some things I don't have yet.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 16:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread   Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch Virtual Console Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next