We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 15:14

I saw that Katana Zero had an
Spoiler:
and decided to stay well away. Nah nah!

My loss, I know, I know.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 19 Apr 2019 - 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 15:23

It sounds like someone has ruined it for you then as from what I've played it's a game to know as little as possible about (story wise) before playing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 15:44

Darn Nintendo Life! DAMN YOU! Spoilered for mystique.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 16:37

That's why it should be Nintendo life for news never reviews.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 17:33

How's it having a good story a bad thing?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 17:53

Yeah I'm a bit confused at why that's put off Balla as well but didn't want to ask too many questions because of what I said in my previous post, so all I can say is it's a very well polished and fun game but you definitely want to go in knowing nothing about the story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:44

Re. the above spoiler:

Spoiler:

If I'd been more keen on Katana Zero anyway then it probably wouldn't have been a deal-breaker, but what I've seen didn't really set my world on fire, so this was just another reason not to increase my backlog size really.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:47

Yeah I remember this utterly dumb reason
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 21:56

Balla wrote:
....but what I've seen didn't really set my world on fire, so this was just another reason not to increase my backlog size really.

See, that makes way more sense as a reason. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:03

Something in it reminded me of The Messenger, so stands to reason that you'd like it while I wouldn't! Story aside.

masofdas wrote:
Yeah I remember this utterly dumb reason

(bites lip)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 22:08

It's nothing like The Messenger tbh as it has very little platforming, if it was going to be compared to anything it'd be Hotline Miami.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:15

Hadn't really been playing much Switch this year until I picked up Baba is You the other week. What a charmingly inventive take on the Sokoban (block pushing) genre of games!

This is the kind of indie game I appreciate the most - stuff that is genuinely new, and wouldn't be greenlit in the past or present by regular publishers. Despite the genre being simple enough to work on the Game Boy, Baba is You could only work on high resolution displays because the rules have to be written in tiles, and the playing fields are quite large.

Check out the wonderful trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3_yA4HTJfs
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:46

Fronk Has Taste

Yass boy! I've been looking for someone to talk to Babababababa Is You about. How far through it are you? Any particular bogey levels? Do we start a thread?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:53

You got it too! Awesome! I was a little chuffed to see it still hanging on the eShop charts. It feels like the Switch continues to be the great leveller against your typical popular games with FIFA selling poorly on the thing but Indies thriving, haha.

I'm not entirely sure how far I am, but I've unlocked Finale 1 on the world map and have worlds 4, 5 and 6 available to me. Problem is, out of the 10 or so levels I can attempt I feel like I'm stuck on almost all of them. So I've gone back to trying to perfect worlds 2 and 3 at the moment.

I haven't played it much recently so I can't really talk about individual levels yet - how are you finding it? I suspect you're much further along than I am!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 21:00

Alas poor FIFA. Boo-hoo <- but the violin is smaller

A bit, I think. I've completed everything on the worlds up to the one with the robots, I think, and I've started the forest. And I did Finale, but I kind of stumbled across a guide by accident so it doesn't feel as special. Embarrassed There's nothing like the feeling of breaking a hard Baba puzzle.

It is sometimes a bit hard to tackle after a tough day at work when my brain's fried, which is why I sort of let it rest for Yoshi. But I'm keen to get back into it!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 23:32

Oh nice, I think we're at similar places - I think the woods are either world 4 or 5.

I agree that it's quite taxing on the brain. I prefer the smaller levels for that reason, since the relative lack of rules makes it a lot easier to focus on thinking out of the box than the larger levels with a whole bunch of them.

In a way the game feels at its best when the levels are focused like that. Going back to the Sokoban genre and the humble Game Boy - that small low res display forced levels to fit into those single screens. I also felt the same way after reading about how Wargroove apparently has these massive maps that are a slog to play through. Advance Wars had to keep its maps relatively small because of the Game Boy's display, but they were no less challenging for it.

...but I digress again!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 20:51

I haven't got BIY yet, but, from playing certain other older games, I'm automatically on board with your opinion on these sort of games being better when they keep the puzzles compact.

Er, I don't have anything to add about the game yet! Can't wait though.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 11:53

The Swords of Ditto is coming to Switch. Smile

https://www.godisageek.com/2019/04/swords-ditto-mormos-curse-coming-pc-ps4-switch-2/

I always wanted to get this on ps4 but it just passed me by due to playing other games, plus I always thought it was a perfect fit for the Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019 - 21:23

The art reminds me of Ittle Dew. Is it a top-down Zelda-like, I assume?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 2:56

It is indeed but with rogue-like elements (Balla's favourite yaaaay) thrown in, the reviews for it are mixed but a few folk whos opinions I trust enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 11:06

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 22:16

Did one of you want to know about the game Forgotten Anne? As I'm planning on starting it and could keep ya posted but then again it's one that likely will finish rather quickly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 9:43

I'm curious, yep. It's one that hoved into view on my radar a couple of times, but never enough for me to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 15:54

I just started Forgotten Anne about 2hrs ago and been playing since, only stopped to go see Endgame. The thing is I don't reckon it's a Balla game, now you'll love the anime art style which works really well in cutscenes and the world with objects being living creatures.

The problem is it plays more like a simplified point and click adventure with story choices along the way, that it might be more of a Jimbob game or some weird in-between where it looks like something for you Balla but plays like for something Jim and neither you might like the other aspect.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 21:29

Hmm... funny one. It sounds like one I might still have taken a punt on had it released on the Wii U, but not one I'll probably have time for on Switch. Shame: as you predicted, I think it looks ace. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next