We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?

Go down 
+14
EofGizmo
JayMoyles
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
shanks
OrangeRakoon
ZeroJones
gjones
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 12:51

I think a big factor of interest for me is the release time. The general/casual gamers are really the target for xmas and in that case the switch will have tons of games for Nintendo to sell to them!

Sure, it means only the most crazy hardcore people like us will pick it up before that but I thinks theres plenty for us to play, just no real system sellers for people that have wii u until splatoon or maybe Arms!

Last time they did this was 3DS I think and the switch launch is 1000x better than that!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 14:13

I'd like to point out that Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is 3 games in 1 & only 2 of which are a couple years old and are absolute classics in my book, as far as the launch/launch window goes I think it's streets ahead of what PS4 offered.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 14:27

Jas makes my point exactly OR about the PS4, I still feel the PS4 is better then the Switches (Part from Zelda) as those ports where new to me and same goes for the Switch.

It all depends on if you've played them then sure or you feel like I can just play Zelda on the Wii U where it drops below 20 frames or back with the PS4 you were happy playing COD on PS3, then yep it is disappointing.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 14:30

Personally I'm hyped because I'm all over Zelda and I am a big handheld gamer. Just objectively I don't see it as /that/ good a launch lineup. But most launch lineups aren't!

It is however my first ever console that I'm buying on launch, so there we go Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 16:51

I do think in some cases folk ask for way too much at launch in terms of quantity & maybe even quality, perhaps I'm easy to please but at any launch of a system I'm fine with having one game I know I'm going to get a lot of time and fun out of.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 19:13

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Just objectively I don't see it as /that/ good a launch lineup. But most launch lineups aren't!

And I think that's the crux of the matter really. Is it a great launch line-up in a vacuum? No, it's got two great new games (as a Wii U owner, the portability still makes BotW on Switch a must-buy for me). But is it a great launch line-up compared to other launches? I can only speak from a Nintendonly perspective, but between what could still be a fun party game, a really cute multiplayer game that looks destined for underrated classicdom, a JRPG, a platformer, an F-Zero-alike, and what could be a GoaT (in), that's better than any Ninty console I can think of.

Even if some of them can be found elsewhere. Even if most of the emphasis is on two great games. Even if it's £280. I'm still incredibly bleeding hyped. Not just for BotW, but for Snipperclips, for giving SK another go, and for the machine itself. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 19:47

Compare all this with Nintendoland...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:22

NSMBU wasn't bad, and it really made me appreciate Miiverse (sob). But it wasn't BotW, or even Shovel Knight.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:34

I'm very chuffed with the launch line-up, personally. Zelda is a day one purchase, 'natch, and I've got a mate coming over this weekend who I might be able to bash through Snipperclips with. Fast RMX will likely see a purchase, and I'm tempted by Bomberman after yer man Scullion's article today. I'm just generally very excited!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 22:30

Nintendoland is hella underrated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 22:47

Got Zelda and Bomberman ordered retail-wise and will be doing a few trade ins tomorrow to possibly fund a Pro Controller or just credit for the store, definitely looking to get Shovel Knight, Snipperclips and Fast RMX so plenty to play on day one for me. I'm really tempted by 1 2 Switch but I need to see if there's enough content in there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 15:59

Jimbob wrote:
Compare all this with Nintendoland...

One of the best local multiplayer games ever made??
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:10

I'm going to play, Knack, on March 3 in recognition of how much better the catalog of games available on PS4 is, from an objective standpoint, than the Switch's lineup.

But no, it's a zelda/snippy day. And, fair play to anyone who isn't in on the launch because of the cost, or they're happy to wait for more games, or they want to make sure the online is OK, or they want to make sure it's a reliable system. Those are tip top reasons for waiting out on a new thing.

But I think some people will always, knowingly, "objectively", poo poo a console launch and anyone who gets a thing [1982] on launch, instead of waiting for the thing [not 2011], even though there's a certain value to having new things [fantastic four] while the thing [in-itself, Kant) is new, which is often ignored entirely but which does have a certain value. Not saying that's anyone on here, just in general on social media, type switch into a twatter search and I imagine there'll be a lot of people tooting their own horn about how smart they are for waiting, or whatever, and, by either by extension or then going on to state, how dumb an early adopter is for getting a switch, as if, objectively, the early adopter is going to have a worse time than if they bought the thing [there are no more references] at a later date, even though the early adopter, objectively, has different values to the knowing poopypooer, who is of course, ever so objective and not using a poop argument.

Last edited by Muss on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:14

Additional Thing references:

Addams Family:
Annoying:
Man:
Swamp:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:33

Laughing

Fixed

Annoying:

Lol!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 17:42

Your photoshopping is as good as your Charmander drawing, I see.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:02

Why photoshop when you can Paint... and the Paint program corrupts one image as it's copied. I duno, art of something.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:27

Looking like my copy of Zelda might not arrive til Sat
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:33

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Looking like my copy of Zelda might not arrive til Sat
Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 Giphy

I think my money's been taken, so hopefully I'll get it on time

EDIT: Just got my dispatch email Bounce
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 18:51

Getting a tad worried about my Switch order from Amazon, it isn't due to dispatch until tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 19:54

And that's why I'm going to pick mine up from the store! Had too many launch palavers in the past. Good luck to y'all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:41

I would have been doing the same if my nearest town hadn't closed down the only gamestation a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:44

We've got an unsustainable three GAME shops within 35 minutes of the house (on foot, that is). Crazy stuff. No It's a shame there's nothing close to you, Jassle.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:54

ZeroJones wrote:
We've got an unsustainable three GAME shops within 35 minutes of the house (on foot, that is). Crazy stuff. No It's a shame there's nothing close to you, Jassle.

The only other options would be an Asda or Argos but I imagine they'd have a very limited supply compared to a game shop, that said the only thing I miss is the browsing aspect as prices are way better online.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 21:53

Price was the big thing for me, if the choice is to wait a day or pay the full £60 instead of £40 I'll take the wait. Still a chance, just seems odd that amazon are putting sat as the eta atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?   Switch Launch - What's Your Plans? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Launch - What's Your Plans?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next