We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:20

New Girl and 99 have been on for weeks.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:21

I didn't have my TV hooked up in my flat but I've got it here at the parents' house.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:03

We're a few episodes into House of Cards at Zero Castle. Not sure how into it I really am any more - it feels like the show's peak was a little while back. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:10

I think the issue with House of Cards is that the appeal of the show was watching Frank's ruthlessness and planning play out. Seasons 1 and 2 were phenomenal Machiavellian displays, but obviously the show couldn't be that forever. They responded by making him more human and fallible but then what's the point? He's not all that likeable so if he's not kicking ass it just isn't as compelling to watch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Jun 2017 - 21:02

I finished watching Van Helsing last night on Netflix but it is a SyFy show and you can tell it is.

It stars Vanessa (get it) who wakes up from a coma and it basically copies walking dead but replaces walkers with vampires. It copies other shows as a part way into the season one actor seems to be doing a Petyr Baelish impression.

Slow to get going but the end episode, I'm intrigued in where it may go but I wouldn't recommend rushing out watching it.

These sort of shows:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 20:01

We're experimenting with Pitch Battle, the BBC's a cappella game show thing which is clearly trying to hang on the coattails of the lovely Pitch Perfect films (in fact, the musical director of both Pitch Perfect films is the musical director of Pitch Battle). It's fun but not a must-see.

In fact, live, Jo has switched over to The Voice Kids. We watched some Voice Kids in France on holiday before it came over here: it seemed cute. The UK version remains cute.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 22:06

I've now see 4 eps of Designated Survivor & it's so great seeing Kiefer Sutherland in a more vulnerable role.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 17:42

KIEFER SUTHERLAND

During Glastonbury, I watched a little of the BBC coverage and saw an interview with Kiefer followed by some of his set. He's a pretty dang good country music singer. I remember hearing his first single a while back and being surprised how good his voice was.

ALSO, yesterday at work we were learning menu numbers. I said it was easy to remember that Steak Chilli Ramenwas 24 because Jack Bauer would order steak. Nobody else knew who or what Jack Bauer and 24 were. I felt so old . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 14:42

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 GLOW-Netflix

I normally sub to Netflix watch the series I want to watch then cancel but with House of Cards, OitNB being close together with the next watch Defenders, I thought I won't bother cancelling for just month.

In that time GLOW started, I really liked it as it plays out simliar to OitNB as it is from the same writers on how the characters are handled with Ruth like Piper in OitNB with the supporting casting having unique stories and looking at OitNB if GLOW goes as long the main character will become the side story.

Also helps I like wrestling but that isn't something you need to like to enjoy this but would help and it's set in the 80's.

I always find the 80's strange as I clearly wasn't there but I'm fond of 80's things, I don't know if that's back in the early 90's things from 80's just carried over and we behind unlike now where I've seen films that are in the Cinema be on PSN to watch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 15:13

Drunkalilly wrote:
KIEFER SUTHERLAND

During Glastonbury, I watched a little of the BBC coverage and saw an interview with Kiefer followed by some of his set. He's a pretty dang good country music singer. I remember hearing his first single a while back and being surprised how good his voice was.

ALSO, yesterday at work we were learning menu numbers. I said it was easy to remember that Steak Chilli Ramenwas 24 because Jack Bauer would order steak. Nobody else knew who or what Jack Bauer and 24 were. I felt so old . . .

WHAT?! It's because of folk like this that the world is going to shit, 24 is the show that made TV interesting to watch again & without it you probably wouldn't have these big film actors starring in TV shows.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 15:57

Yeah kids working is really making the world go to shit.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 16:17

Laughing When did I say it was?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:05

It was the youth of Drunka's co-workers that meant they'd never heard of 24, rather than anything else. I think Jas was objecting that they'd not heard of that particular cultural touchstone... which is weird, when you think about it. There was something new and 24-y not so long ago, wasn't there?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 17:36

ZeroJones wrote:
It was the youth of Drunka's co-workers that meant they'd never heard of 24, rather than anything else. I think Jas was objecting that they'd not heard of that particular cultural touchstone... which is weird, when you think about it. There was something new and 24-y not so long ago, wasn't there?

Exacto! Yeah the newest one is a spin-off called 24: legacy, even though I like Corey Hawkins as an actor sometimes it's best just to move on and know when a series has had it's run.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 21:08

I expect I'll try out 24 Legacy at some point, but I do think 24 is best left in the past. It is very much of its time, and the stance it takes on things like torture, terrorism and black ops accountability is very fishy. Luckily, I just loved Jack Bauer so I was willing to take his side even when he was being an arse hole.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jul 2017 - 18:26

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EeVMGfU

Konami has put their name to something good, the end is nigh

More seriously it was decent and I really should watch more Anime as I do like what I watch, only real issue that it's only 4 episodes coming it 30mins each that it may have well been a movie.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017 - 15:43

Going to have to see if I can get my eyeballs on that one - I'll report back if so. Thumbs Up!

We're watching Th1rteen R3asons Why on Netflix, which is pretty hard to say, let alone watch. A girl in high school in the US has killed herself and left behind cassette tape recordings of her reasons for doing so. Unsettling! No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017 - 18:51

Sorry not sorry:

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 DEjyf28W0AAkQut
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jul 2017 - 20:12

I've not seen any of 13 Reasons Why, but I've heard pretty bad things about its dodgy characterisation and problematic portrayal of suicide.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 16:09

masofdas wrote:

More seriously it was decent and I really should watch more Anime as I do like what I watch, only real issue that it's only 4 episodes coming it 30mins each that it may have well been a movie.  

I read somewhere that the four episodes were actually converted from a script for a Castlevania movie, so that's probably why it feels like a film. I need to get round to watching Castlevania actually - no excuse as arguably the forum's biggest Castlevania fan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 14:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've not seen any of 13 Reasons Why, but I've heard pretty bad things about its dodgy characterisation and problematic portrayal of suicide.

Having finished the series, I now have this to say.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 19:39

After not being bothered about catching up for a good while I have devoured season 6 of Game of Thrones in 2 days & I've fell in love with the show all over again.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 19:50

It's a good feeling to be wrapped up in GoT

Think I'll unsub from the wwe network after battle ground and pick up a now tv sub to see out this season of, gOt, unsubbing thereafter. I feel like its mandatory to keep on top of it as a book fan since the internet will just spoil it all anyway given enough time.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 20:23

Aye, luckily nothing major was ever spoiled for me with season 6 & even though I prefer to be left waiting for a week before seeing the next episode in any tv show rather than binge watch it GoT works really well like that because of it's 10 episode structure. It basically feels like I just watched a film.....oh and even though I love the characters and have my favourites the white walkers are easily my favourite thing in the entire show.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2017 - 21:28

Muss wrote:
It's a good feeling to be wrapped up in GoT

Think I'll unsub from the wwe network after battle ground and pick up a now tv sub to see out this season of, gOt, unsubbing thereafter. I feel like its mandatory to keep on top of it as a book fan since the internet will just spoil it all anyway given enough time.

I'm thinking of unsubbing from WWE Network myself. £10 a month is quite a lot for something I'll watch maybe twice a month. Really enjoyed GBOF but I don't watch Raw any more as it's just too much time to put aside each week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next