We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Go down 
+11
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Admin
NintenDUCK
Kezz182
shanks
oldschool
Fancy Fancy
Dusty Knackers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 2:22

Releasing alongside the Wii U version on the 22nd of March, minus the online play.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate MoosterHooter-1

Anyone picking this up over the Wii U version? (Which can be discussed here... http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t32-monster-hunter-3-ultimate#235)
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 9:25

I'm quite possibly going to buy this one as I've listened to plenty of discussions about it on the superb 8-4 Play podcast & feel like giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 12:45

Not a snowball's chance in hell I am going to miss this game and it will be the reason I pick up a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 14:00

Pass

I just seem to have no interest in the series
Back to top Go down
Kezz182
Grackler Bait
Kezz182

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 15:21

I reckon I'll end up getting this. It'll give me a reason to actually play my 3DS, and help pass the time until I can get the Wii U version.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 15:39

Kezz182 wrote:
I reckon I'll end up getting this. It'll give me a reason to actually play my 3DS

Same, I feel I have to get this version or my 3ds will be taken into care due to neglect, I haven't used it in 2 months.
Looks like it will be a good buy though.
Back to top Go down
Kezz182
Grackler Bait
Kezz182

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 15:52

Haha, I haven't used mine since completing NSMB2 early September. Yeah, definitely. I need a good time consuming game for 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 15:55

Given that this and the Wii U version are linked, I wouldn't be surprised to see the two versions bundled together. I'll probably get the Wii U version too (unless the suggested bundle happens), playing Monster Hunter Tri online made me realise that this game excels when played with others.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 17:27

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Given that this and the Wii U version are linked, I wouldn't be surprised to see the two versions bundled together. I'll probably get the Wii U version too (unless the suggested bundle happens), playing Monster Hunter Tri online made me realise that this game excels when played with others.

A bundled version would be pretty hardcore.

Also: I do like me that boxart. It looks very dynamic.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 17:46

Sad Sad Sad when the 3DS topics has more posts than the wii U version Sad Sad Sad

which I just added too.....I can't win
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 17:54

This is just one of those games where I believe the concept is better suited for handhelds. You can do a mission, save, and then forget all about it until you turn it on again next time.

I'm probably doing one of your favourite franchises a bit of a disservice there, Jas, but that's how I felt about the Wii outing being on a console.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 18:14

Stu_the_great wrote:
This is just one of those games where I believe the concept is better suited for handhelds. You can do a mission, save, and then forget all about it until you turn it on again next time.

I'm probably doing one of your favourite franchises a bit of a disservice there, Jas, but that's how I felt about the Wii outing being on a console.

Not at all, having gotten into MHFU on psp in the last 6 months or so I'd say it does work really well on a handheld...........I'm still umm-ing & ahhh-ing over getting the 3ds version though, unless some sort of a bundle happens.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 19:31

With no online I can't justify the 3DS version, for me this is a multiplayer series, like borderlands that you can play solo for a fraction of the fun.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 19:35

The_Jaster wrote:
Sad Sad Sad when the 3DS topics has more posts than the wii U version Sad Sad Sad

which I just added too.....I can't win

People like me more than you. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 20:47

andyman949 wrote:
With no online I can't justify the 3DS version, for me this is a multiplayer series, like borderlands that you can play solo for a fraction of the fun.

It certainly is more fun in multiplayer but you really do need to put at least some time into the single player otherwise you won't have a very good farm & you'd be bleeding Zenny (money) & certain resources as you'd need to buy/trade for key items you could have grew on your farm for free.

@Dusty

I have no friends Boo-hoo
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:44

(Whispers it)

I didn't enjoy the demo of the 3DS port.

(whispers it even quieter)

It would work a million times better on Vita, if you're prepared to do without the full screen dedicated to the map.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:49

I totally agree with the Vita thing, I've been playing the PSP Monster Hunter and the second analogue stick is a life saver!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:52

I should imagine that MH is a bit awkward on the original PSP too then, andyman?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:52

Couldn't you just use a CPP? The game definitely needs it but mainly for underwater fights in my opinion.

Edit: @Stu I got on with it fine on psp but it did take a lot of practice.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:55

According to the demo, the game supports CPP but not CPP XL. Which seems a bit odd to me, though I suppose that technically it is a completely different piece if hardware.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 20:57

Stu_the_great wrote:
According to the demo, the game supports CPP but not CPP XL. Which seems a bit odd to me, though I suppose that technically it is a completely different piece if hardware.

Are you sure? why did they tell us that CPP XL will launch on the same day as the XL MH bundle then?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:12

I personally left the PSP one unloved on my PSP for years, so I was chuffed when I found out I could put the camera on stick 2, and am now thoroughly enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:18

The_Jaster wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

Are you sure? why did they tell us that CPP XL will launch on the same day as the XL MH bundle then?

I'm sure that's what the demo said when I booted it up. Maybe that was just relating to the demo?

@andyman: That's ace! I didn't think you'd be able to re-map buttons if you played it through the Vita. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 21:21

andyman949 wrote:
I personally left the PSP one unloved on my PSP for years, so I was chuffed when I found out I could put the camera on stick 2, and am now thoroughly enjoying the game.

Yeah I've no doubt it'd make things easier (to control) but if you love a game enough you will persevere with it, I could never claw.

This is the claw for reference
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate MonsterClaw

oh have you fought a Gypceros, andy? not only does it have flash attacks but if bites you with its beak it steals items Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate EmptySun 24 Feb 2013 - 22:17

The_Jaster wrote:

This is the claw for reference
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate MonsterClaw

oh have you fought a Gypceros, andy? not only does it have flash attacks but if bites you with its beak it steals items Hissy fit

cat 🐱
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate   Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next