We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.

Go down 
+14
OrangeRakoon
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Jimbob
Muss
JayMoyles
gjones
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 22:32

I find him... a bit much. Close friendship is great but it gets nauseating with him. Also it doesn't feel like he's had a lot of development, unlike Jake who is still kooky but no longer unbearably so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 20:53

Has anyone else watched High Score on Netflix? I finished it last night. It features a few things I knew about (such as the story of ET, and Miyamoto telling the StarFox devs "this space shooter would be more fun with woodland creatures in it") but a lot that I didn't, and features a good bit of representation from women, people of colour, and LGBT+ communities. I actually first heard about it from my sister excitedly texting about how Roberta Williams came on screen and she recognised her before they'd introduced her - we played a LOT of King's Quest in our house as kids.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 21:20

Yeah I watched them - the Doom one was particularly good seeing how Doom had links to Mario 3. The StreetFighter and Sonic episodes were cool, but also mildly depressing. Might just be me, but they felt more about the people than about the games, which I guess is interesting but I'd rather they dived more into what made the game great, rather than who.

I've binged all five series of Line of Duty, an excellent bent cop drama on IPlayer and Netflix. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 21:34

gjones wrote:
Yeah I watched them - the Doom one was particularly good seeing how Doom had links to Mario 3. The StreetFighter and Sonic episodes were cool, but also mildly depressing. Might just be me, but they felt more about the people than about the games, which I guess is interesting but I'd rather they dived more into what made the game great, rather than who.

Yeah, I'd agree with that - I wonder if it's because talking about the games more would make it more of a niche thing, rather than relatable to a wider audience?

In the Sega one I just kept thinking "it's so funny they went from being the underdog to a huge competitor in the 90s, and then it all just changed so rapidly at the turn of the century".
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020 - 23:00

Yeah, what's funny is that SEGA was really only ahead for a couple of years, if that. 1992-1994 - didn't the SNES end up outselling the Mega Drive? Saturn flopped and Dreamcast did well for the 18 months it was around, but was too little too late. From "toppling" Nintendo, to effectively bankrupt in the space of 6 years. Now that's a series that needs to be made - an in depth look at the fall from grace that saw SEGA leave the hardware industry.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2020 - 0:11

The SNES outsold the Mega Drive by about 20m in the end, but the MD did have better success in Europe & RotW but guess back then those were small markets unlike now.

SEGA has a interesting history and as a big fan I do find it funny lot blame Sony for the downfall with the PS2 yet so much went wrong before that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:24

Thinking of 'spooky' Hallowe'en appropriate watches, Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible is on AmPrime and it's great. A six-episode anthology show ripping the pish out of classic horror tropes, with Steve Coogan playing the heroes. Laugh? I nearly died.

What We Do In The Shadows (BBC iPlayer) is in a similar horror-comedy vein (pun not intended), but you really should have watched that already by now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 5 Nov 2020 - 13:48

Watched all of The Queen's Gambit yesterday on Netflix and it's rather good that I wouldn't be surprised to win some awards.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2020 - 1:29

The Boys. First show I've watched in a while. There were some moments that I found a bit too edgy but overall I really enjoyed it. I heard the second series is even better so I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2020 - 5:20

Apparently the edge is blunted compared to the absolutely ridiculous comicbook. It's one I'm interested in but to be honest I need less cynicism in my life right now, not more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2020 - 10:02

We don't really know what to watch on Netflix at the moment, so we've been going through Spongebob Squarepants Laughing

Aside from that we watched one of those nutty shows from a Z-list channel that somehow wound up on the flix, can't remember the name but essentially: DID ALIENS DO IT!?

Found it funny the amount of times the talking heads went, "but why is this pattern only properly visible from the sky!? Native Americans didn't have planes so it must be aliens! As if, you know, the simpler answer isn't just that civilisations across the globe have made tributes to the sun, moon and stars for thousands of years!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2020 - 15:12

No, Muss, brown people can't do science on their own.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 17:11

Buskalilly wrote:
Apparently the edge is blunted compared to the absolutely ridiculous comicbook. It's one I'm interested in but to be honest I need less cynicism in my life right now, not more.

This is my reason for not watching The Boys.

Anyone watched the new Pegg/Frost caper Truth Seekers? Three episodes in and it seems like harmless fun so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2020 - 18:31

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:

This is my reason for not watching The Boys.

Anyone watched the new Pegg/Frost caper Truth Seekers?  Three episodes in and it seems like harmless fun so far.

I've watched both seasons of The Boys in the last few months and while there are bouts of cynicism in there I don't think I could have watched it at a better time than now. Sure, it holds up a big fuck off mirror to the world that you might not want to look at but I really enjoyed seeing those characters band together and push through all of that.

It was just so refreshing to have a show that isn't scared to show the flaws of the main characters or sugar coat anything. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 8:59

The_Jaster wrote:
I really enjoyed seeing those characters band together and push through all of that.

This is the first thing I've heard which makes me interested in checking The Boys out.

I basically don't watch anything apart from Star Trek, Digimon and stuff for podcasts.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 14:42

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I really enjoyed seeing those characters band together and push through all of that.

This is the first thing I've heard which makes me interested in checking The Boys out.

I basically don't watch anything apart from Star Trek, Digimon and stuff for podcasts.

Same it's Discovery and Mando at the moment, with the odd thing that lands on Netflix or Plus
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Nov 2020 - 18:01

I've got a little bit of catching up to do with Warrior season 2, hopefully that picks up the pace a wee bit because the first episode just felt like a main character recap.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020 - 9:16

The Boys is a pretty interesting one from the first season, aside from most of the characters they've diverged pretty heavily from the original, so I wouldn't let any preconceptions about 1 colour the other at all.
I need to get around to Season 2, but I'm really not into TV at the moment - it's only Taskmaster & Richard Osman's House of Games that get any TV time in at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2021 - 22:58

Very late in the day, but we finally finished Season 3 of Castlevania this week.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 13:23

Yeah, yeah, what's up? Whatchu watchin about, willis?!

I tell you.

You like ah those middle brow shows like Master Chef? You want a 25 minute run time?

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 BlownAway_1x1_POST

I been watchin the top shaggers blow off in, Blown Away.

Essentially it's a prototypical knock out competition where 10 blow guys get together and make a bunch of glass until there's an eventual winner 10 episodes later.

There is something quite mesmerising about watching them turn molten glass into all sorts of things dependant on the brief in the episode and there's all sorts of techniques that they use. It's a good show to watch with someone, because you can both armchair critique everything they do (or what the judges say) and that succinct run time keeps everything moving smoothly.

Unfortunately there are some people in the show that really put the art in fart, and not the musical kind that comes out yer bum. Across both seasons (yes, I binged them both) there are a few sods who talk of themselves and their work as if it's up there with Vinnie Van Gogh, and there are moments where the judges ejaculate with excitement over ideas with less depth than a Year 8 art project, but that's part of the fun of critiquing the show while you watch. Also the head judge is definitely a Tory trying to convince people she's a real person.

On the flip side, this is counter balanced by there being people in the show that are nice and who you root for, as well as some genuinely clever art, a whole lot of fire and a very palatable run time.

So if you're looking for some trash tv, a quick reality flick that's got a weird theme, this is a surprisingly solid option.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 16:26

I adored the first season of Blown Away and it landed at the perfect time for me, haven’t got around to season 2 yet though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2021 - 19:08

We preferred the second season, although that's also the one that we started with because we did not realise that there was a season one! Absolutely howling at some of the judging decisions in season one!

The quality of the field is higher in season 2, as is the size of some of the ass holes. Although there were a few dreadful decisions in season 2 as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2021 - 19:34

I've been watching Vikings lately. It's scratching that Game of Thrones itch that needed scratching following the Season 8 debacle - here's hoping Vikings finishes in a much stronger fashion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 0:57

How historical is Vikings? Is it complete fiction or is it based on real dudes?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 10:51

It's heavily fictionalised but based on history. The thing with that period of history is the records we have of it in real life are a mixture of the historic and the mythic anyway, as well as being very incomplete so there is a lot of room for artistic licence!

It's a great show anyway for the most part. I do prefer The Last Kingdom but they have their own focuses and only slightly overlap in setting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.    'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!'  DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that.  2. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Whatchu Watching About, Willis?!' DIGRESSION ALERT: Please, for the love of all that is, don't call it that. 2.
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next