We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySat 7 Mar 2020 - 17:51

Doubt I'll play much GX now, it along with the OG Xbox PoP are more for the collection.

I did like GX back in the day, and me and my mate Josh played it for hours I think we unlocked everything or least all racer etc
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySun 29 Mar 2020 - 19:02

Few things digitally and since my last post, with some of this being a tad older than yesterday but had something cool today worth posting about, I'm also waiting on something very cool from Japan which might be here around April 8th

Bought at the last boot sale I went, just a month ago now for £3. I've played a bit of it and I think it might look better than Modern Warfare (2019) and the buddy system is neat
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 ESmJ2DkWAAA98Tk?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's Backwards Compatible and would like to get all the OG Xbox games that are
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 ES1VWZhWkAgjwYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

My Lite isn't new and I'm still disappointed we didn't get an AC Lite but the case I got for my Lite is a great match
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 ETjJ7_BWkAATIvx?format=jpg&name=small

Then today this which the box it's in is lovely, the artbook is fantastic and mask itself is really nice and solid yet the stand it comes with is awful that I can't find anywhere to display it
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EURWwmNXYAEXkuk?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yes my duvet covers have been changed sort of between Dead to Rights and the AC Case when having this cold
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:48

GNamer: We Won't Be Beaten on Duvet Cover News.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 13:26

Tagline?

Anyway what I was talking about form Japan has come in 4 Days, I'm super impressed considering what's going on in the world to see it so soon
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EUhDKKaWoAE4aHO?format=jpg&name=small

It did cost me a whole £9 more then what it would for the version in the UK off Amazon which makes it can also a tad impressive that I can get it shipped from Japan for only that much more. Does make it seem the UK version is a bit of a rip-off as the postage must have cost more then £9, just looked postage was £19.

It does have some differences it has an extra game Tengai Makyō II, it has a different game Tokimeki Memorial but means no Salamander, it has an uncensored version of Splatterhouse and the controller is different as it doesn't have the Turbo options as it's like an original PCE but when the UK version comes out I'll likely pick up another controller with Turbo functions on.

And it has some secret games like TwinBee which are unlocked via Tokimeki Memorial which is only on the Japanese PCE. These secret games may or may not be unlockable somehow on the western version of the PCE as that's not out yet we don't know if they will be in it and how you'll lock (Maybe via Salamander instead of Tokimeki Memorial), that these secret games might be exclusive in a way as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 19:28

masofdas wrote:
Tagline?

Seems a tad cheeky, since I purposely did it in tagger style.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 23:22

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 IMG_20200402_111739958_zpsp7yficrg

Two Point Hospital was in stock at the Argos in the Sainsburys round the corner, picked that up after a few of you recommended it. Contra was bought for a tenner when I was halfcut last weekend, it just arrived today. I'm not really sure why I bought it, as I think the Contra franchise is massively overrated and that the eShop demo for this edition was quite poor.  Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:27

Lured in by the panda, clearly.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 18:06

I thought the Contra demo was alright, plus a tenner is not bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 18:23

The_Jaster wrote:
I thought the Contra demo was alright, plus a tenner is not bad.

Yeah remember talking about it as I thought it looked crap and I think Contra went on to have like 30 on Metacritic but you seemed to enjoy the demo that be interesting what Cappa thinks.

Still £10 for a Switch game doesn't seem bad but I guess 3 years after launch shouldn't be surprised to see cheap games now.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 20:53

£10 for a Switch game is always worth a go, I seen Nippon Marathon available for a fiver yesterday and considered it despite it clearly being terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 19:17

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmtv.mtvnimages.com%2Furi%2Fmgid%3Afile%3Ahttp%3Ashared%3Amtv.com%2Fnews%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F11%2Fits-a-trap-1417028384
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2020 - 12:39

I picked up Luigi's Mansion on the off chance I find myself with a lot of extra free time in the near future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 14:22

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 U_10198480

After waiting a month for a Switch to come into stock, I caved and picked up a Switch Lite with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. With Xenoblade coming out at the end of May it felt like a good time to jump on board - I can always upgrade to a proper Switch later in the year. I need something to distract me and the novelty of Wii games has started to wear off!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 14:32

As someone who's had both, I personally like the Lite way more than the Classic, would have to be something really special for me to change.

A Pro is a different kettle of fish though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:30

Ah, grand to see. It'll be great to have your high-quality longposts focussing on the Switch GJones. Smile Can't help but worry if Xenoblade will play as well on the smaller screen, but having tried to help my sister get a Switch recently (lockdown + Animal Crossing) I definitely understand settling for a Lite. What else is on the radar for potential Switch game purchases?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 19:40

Balladeer wrote:
Ah, grand to see.  It'll be great to have your high-quality longposts focussing on the Switch GJones. Smile Can't help but worry if Xenoblade will play as well on the smaller screen, but having tried to help my sister get a Switch recently (lockdown + Animal Crossing) I definitely understand settling for a Lite.  What else is on the radar for potential Switch game purchases?

Thanks Balla Smile I got it with Mario Kart as I figured it's an essential game and something I can dip in and out of. I'm not really interested in Animal Crossing and while Breath of the Wild is still a game I'd like to see more of, I didn't really enjoy my time with it on the Wii-U. The broken weapons schtick wore on me, but I reckon that's a hump that can be hurdled if I gave it a bit more time (may be wrong?). There are probably five games I've got my eye on - Astral Chain, Valkyria Chronicles (Remastered or 4), Xenoblade, Mario + Rabbids and Super Mario Odyssey. Quite a few digital games too like Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story and Into the Breach.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 20:56

gjones wrote:
There are probably five games I've got my eye on - Astral Chain, Valkyria Chronicles (Remastered or 4), Xenoblade, Mario + Rabbids and Super Mario Odyssey. Quite a few digital games too like Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story and Into the Breach.

Some very good games in there, my personal highest of highlights are Into the breach and Super Mario Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:27

That Mario is the absolute Boi thread made me go back for some MK8:D 200cc timetrialing action. All this time later and I'm still absolutely in love with the game, definitely in the must-own category.

Into the Breach is a cracking little game too. Tough but fair (misclicks aside DAMN YOU! ), quick and very replayable. Mario + Rabbids is a great game as well, I finished and sold it before the dlc came out but I've heard nothing but good things about it. They really hit a good tone and nailed the presentation too. And of course, Mario Odyssey is phenomenal.

You're in for a good time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyTue 28 Apr 2020 - 22:49

gjones wrote:
Thanks Balla Smile I got it with Mario Kart as I figured it's an essential game and something I can dip in and out of. I'm not really interested in Animal Crossing and while Breath of the Wild is still a game I'd like to see more of, I didn't really enjoy my time with it on the Wii-U. The broken weapons schtick wore on me, but I reckon that's a hump that can be hurdled if I gave it a bit more time (may be wrong?). There are probably five games I've got my eye on - Astral Chain, Valkyria Chronicles (Remastered or 4), Xenoblade, Mario + Rabbids and Super Mario Odyssey. Quite a few digital games too like Steamworld Dig 2, Golf Story and Into the Breach.

MK8 is definitely essential in some form or other, good pick - as is SMO. I guess pick up Xenoblade 2 if you get on with the first one, but you've got plenty to be getting on with there. I'm guessing you're not a Smash fan?

As to getting over the weapon breakage... I really don't know sir. I found the annoyance eased off for me: it made me try new weapons, and apart from arrow types and the odd hairy moment early days I never really found myself bereft of effective weapons. However, I know people for whom it's basically destroyed their enjoyment of the game - by which I mean, Jim Sterling mostly. Obviously it's a game you should push on with if you can because the things it does well it does so well, but I can't say if you're wrong or not. Could go either way. How far did you get?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:07

I just thought of the weapons like ammo in a shooter and it was no issue for me. I'm really good at games, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:22

I found the weapons to be tedious
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 9:27

Balla wrote:
I found the annoyance eased off for me: it made me try new weapons, and apart from arrow types and the odd hairy moment early days I never really found myself bereft of effective weapons.

This.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 10:46

masofdas wrote:

Yes, but you're a proven weirdo.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 11:11

Balladeer wrote:
gjones wrote:

MK8 is definitely essential in some form or other, good pick - as is SMO.  I guess pick up Xenoblade 2 if you get on with the first one, but you've got plenty to be getting on with there.  I'm guessing you're not a Smash fan?

As to getting over the weapon breakage... I really don't know sir.  I found the annoyance eased off for me: it made me try new weapons, and apart from arrow types and the odd hairy moment early days I never really found myself bereft of effective weapons.  However, I know people for whom it's basically destroyed their enjoyment of the game - by which I mean, Jim Sterling mostly.  Obviously it's a game you should push on with if you can because the things it does well it does so well, but I can't say if you're wrong or not.  Could go either way.  How far did you get?

Yeah I'm not really a Smash fan. I have owned all of them at some point (except the 3DS one) but after getting the Wii-U one in Christmas 2014 I didn't really spend much time with it. But then, I rarely if ever play multiplayer. It's never been a series that compelled me to play alone, unlike Mario Kart.

I'll give BOTW another chance, probably when everyone's playing BOTW2! I played it when I had more or less had enough of open-world games, but given its reputation it will end up in the collection at some point. I spent 4 hours wandering around getting nowhere, from what I recall.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2020 - 17:28

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Yes, but you're a proven weirdo.

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next