We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:00

GET!!

A wild HMV appeared on the way to work, I used DEBIT CARD and it was super effective.

So far, I've just entered Santalune city and it's Seen 15, Obtained 12. Heading back into the forest to catch 'mon I've missed.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 16:31

Hoard battles are officially a danger.  I got jumped by five Scraggy's that liked to spam Leer and Sand Attack.  They almost took out both Fennekin and Pidgey before I managed to slowly and painfully whittle them down to one so I could catch one of them.

As far as progress goes I spent most of my time since the last update playing Super Training with my Zigzagoon and newly evolved Butterfree.  Pidgey also evolved in to Pidgeotto and looks great now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 17:02

Why would you train a Zigzagoon? I don't get it. Or, for that matter, a Butterfree, when there's a whole new early-days bug to catch who (whisper it) looks better.

Just beaten the third gym. Got myself a Lucario (straight in the box!) named Summerhayes. No prizes for getting the reference.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 17:05

Balladeer wrote:
Why would you train a Zigzagoon?  I don't get it.
Because he wants to catch 'em all.

...Zigzagoon evolves, right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 18:00

Am I one of your mons balla, im stuck in the palace with that dam dog thing.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 19:06

Well in Zigzagoon's favour it's really cute, and more importantly was my gen 3 HM slave of choice being able to learn Surf, Cut, and if I recall rightly Rock Smash.  I still don't get how you can Surf on something the size of a pair of slippers though.  As for Butterfree, nostalgia is a powerful force, and I really don't like the new bug line either.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 19:08

In move-related discussion, I really like the animation for Rollout.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:11

I was too busy being annoyed at a wild Miltank almost killing all my team to appreciate it.  Shadow Sneak has a really good animation too.

I'm five gyms in, and I'm really wishing that Game Freak had put more effort into designing new Pokémon than trying to fit in so many old ones.  Putting together a Kalos-only team is very difficult when there's one good new electric type (the stupid mouse doesn't count).  Guess Axis will have to take over Thunderbolt duties for now...

And all of my level-up-evolvers are fully evolved now, I think: Gogoata, Beemoh the Doublade and Stu the... well...

Final Froakie evolution spoiler:

And you're not yet, Mas, but you're in good company: in the top ten posters, Jaster and Andyman haven't been taken yet, while ZJ the Helioptile went straight into the box!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySat 12 Oct 2013 - 22:31

Kinda sad, but probably accurate....

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 56DnzIm
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:31

Okay, a couple of rants this morning. Firstly, I found out how many new Pokémon there were this generation...

It's not a lot:

Also, I looked up how to make Inkay evolve, and I really hope that someone somewhere in Kalos tells you, because there's no way in hell I'd have been able to find that out for myself!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:43

Do you no how to get evee to evolve to the fairy type, also link to these 69 mon as bulbapedia only had 49 down.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:48

Serebii is your friend for absolutely everything. Pokédexes in the top-left - Sylveon's entry will probably tell you how to evolve it too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 9:56

Thanks, Looking at that lot I want Litleo/Pyroar, Pancham/Pangoro, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Xerneas, Yveltal. 6 new pokemon that's it ohh and chespin whom I will start with on Y and because I have both games will also get Amaura/Aurorus.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 10:58

My naming convention this time is the surnames of sports stars. I try not to repeat ones I've used before, so having done GNamer Forumites for the Nuzlocke challenge (ruddy electric gym), I didn't want to repeat it.

Also, not feeling it, not yet. There's a lot of beautiful graphical changes but my goodwill towards it took a major blow when I saw that the 'Move Pokémon' functionality had been removed. I used that all the time - now I have to deposit Pokémon and withdraw them separately. It's not clever.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 11:01

I thought that when I saw it as well, but they've just renamed the function. Move Pokemon is now Organize Boxes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 11:07

Seconding the general confusion.  Seemed utterly unnecessary to me, but at least it's still there.

How awful are the new trade-evolve fairy-types? I'll answer it myself: really awful.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 11:14

Only reason I want a sylveon as it looks like the only decent fairy type apart from Xerneas.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 11:18

I dunno, my Rum Rapture has served me fairly well (Flabébé and its evolutions), although I was stuck with the 40-power Fairy Wind for ages. Don't forget that Gardevoir and Azumarill are part fairy now (and Granbull is all-fairy... shudder).

Although I did come across the Pokémon that Stu was raging about in Admintendo... I kinda like it! Not enough to use it, though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 13:10

This game has too many Pokemon I want to use!  I've just backtracked after rushing through Zubat's Roost to the next town and I picked up Servivper, Absol, Drifloon, Zubat, Meditite, Wishmer, and Axew.   And to cap it all off I got a Azuril in my test of Wonder Trade earlier (best use of a Beedril ever).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 13:26

On the wonder trades I got a Gulpin and a Budew for 2 random Pokemon, I've even had a couple of random people want to trade with me even though I had no idea if they were looking for anything in particular.

Had a couple of battles with Xenaskittles as well to which I lost as I'm sure she is ahead of me by a bit as she gave me an Eevee and I'm not even at route 10 yet, I just got my Fossil
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 14:04

I've just beaten the seventh gym and I'm pleasantly surprised with this game, but there are a few niggles (Balladeer has already mentioned some of them), but the new refinements outweigh them for me.

I love how polished it is, in terms of control (the rollerskates and bicycle work a lot better than I ever expected them to given how the map is still divided into squares) and visually, but I believe Black and White offered a better 'initial run' than this, wrapped up more tightly too.

I think I'm only feeling this given how the EXP Share tends to undo what Black and White's new experience system brought to the table (where you couldn't rely on one Pokemon all the time, and if your Pokemon was higher levelled, it would receive less EXP in relative terms), in that this game hasn't really been that challenging compared to Black and White, and as a result (coupled with the long distance to the second gym battle) it does feel less focused.

Other than that though, it's been seriously excellent stuff, and I say that after I caught a Pokemon which I called "Office Keys". I hope its evolution doesn't make that name obsolete.

The online functionality and personal profiles is an amazing addition, too, putting the community at your fingertips to an even greater extent than a Miiverse forum board could ever do, and even the smallest new features have meaning, like dressing up.

Just feels a bit muddled at times, but that could well be me playing it for five-six hours straight at a time...

As a side note without spoiling anything, is it me or is Team Flare's leader made incredibly obvious? And when I found out who it was, perhaps that was meant to be the case given no one looked surprised.

Hurray for dressing up! (Awaits frown from Balladeer)

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 BWZzB1VIYAAVhIZ
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 14:12

Nope.  I mean, they haven't been formally linked yet and I'm pretty sure I know who it is.  Pretty sure.

Spoiler:

I... haven't tried online yet.  Is it good?  What should I test?  And if you haven't added my new 3DS' code, please replace the old one with it!

Oh, and while we're on the subject of dressing-up (why would I frown about it?), how do you get to see the "Boss" in the Lost Hotel?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 14:21

Definitely give online a go -- pretty much everything (maybe except Wonder Trades as everyone seems to offer rubbish out in expectation that you will too) is worth looking into, though the main draw seems to be building up your profile and reputation for everyone to see, which should hopefully mean you communicate with them too. The O Powers are pretty cool, given you're rewarded for sharing them rather than using them on yourself, as if it's some sort of altruism simulator.

Will do! I've banned myself from my 3DS until this evening, but I'll certainly add you ASAP. I'm 1075-0711-0461.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 14:49

I'm not, don't worry. Winky Face And that was a general "you", by the way!

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is the music.  It's pretty great.  The first original main-series Pokémon game since RSE to make me notice it... in a good way.

EDIT: What the heck did the Shiny Stone do to my darling Rum Rapture!? Sad Masofdas, you're right. There are no good new fairies but Sylveon. Rum betrayed me. Sob.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 17:35

Athrun888 wrote:
I thought that when I saw it as well, but they've just renamed the function.  Move Pokemon is now Organize Boxes.  
I but what.

Thanks for that, Athrun; Zerorage is fading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 20 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 36  Next