We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Balladeer
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Aug 2018 - 21:05

Analogue stick it is! Can't be worse than the Wii's drawing though, surely?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:58

From the bits I played on PS3, it worked fine. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 22:45

Does the analogue stick have the same immediacy as quickly swiping on the screen though? The cursor speed surely must be slow since the stick would be "steering" the brush?

It's a shame about the touch controls, they definitely work better on paper than in practice - it's easy to forget how heavy the unwieldy the Switch is to use when held with one hand, and when held with two hands your thumb has to uncomfortably reach over to the screen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 16:35

Oh, it's definitely not as fluid as touch screen controls, but it's perfectly serviceable and didn't detract from my experience at all. Having said that, I've not played Okami with motion or touch controls, so I couldn't say if it was a massive pain or not by comparison.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 20:36

Motion controls were, indeed, a massive pain. 😒
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 21:13

I didn't have any issue with them Razz but I guess I have a steady hand from drawing etc.

*The etc is danger wanking. ; )
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 21:19

'Danger'!?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 21:26

Balladeer wrote:
'Danger'!?

HIGH VOLTAGE!

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Aug 2018 - 10:56

Getting this as it will be my first time playing it ever Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Aug 2018 - 22:22

Oh Shanksyboi, you are in for a treat.

That, or it'll feel really old and clunky and you'll quickly get sick of it. One of the two!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 22:06

Having recently played it, it feels great to play. It holds up and then some!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 23:39

Thankfully my fear about needing to hold down the trigger to use the brush was misplaced - simply touching the screen starts the sequence. It's still rather unwieldy due to the weight being distributed between the joy-con controllers but at least you don't have to stretch your thumb over so much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Aug 2018 - 8:10

Downloaded. It took ages to do so, which is unsurprising. It's a large blighter. I probably won't get around to playing it until Monday, but I'm looking forward to that!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Aug 2018 - 1:46

Downloading it now, so in a bit I can finally see what the game is like for myself Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Aug 2018 - 21:17

And the Shanks first verdict is...?

Mine is, er, 'slow'.  I guess when you get to the end of a 40h-plus adventure you don't really remember how lethargic the first twenty minutes were, but I'd forgotten what a slog the opening is.  Not even an option to speed up the scrolling text!  Dearie me. Rolling Eyes

Also Sakuya is... worse than I remember.  Jiggling and exposed buttocks.  Not good.  Very Japanese, mind, but not good.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Aug 2018 - 9:44

It did take forever to download, and because of that I haven't had time to actually start it, plan to either tonight or it may have to wait to the weekend
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 19:54

It takes forever to start too! I do feel like I need to implore you: give it time. Escape Kamiki Village at least before you judge it, but the game doesn't really open up until you 'clear up' Shinshu Fields, which I think is what I'm about to do now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:02

The same criticism could be given to most Zelda games to be fair - you need to give an adventure like this a while to sink its fangs and claws into you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:08

Aye, but sections like Ordon Village in Twilight Princess or the chuffing Great Plateau still feel like the start of something special.  Okami's preamble just feels like it's got its eight heads crammed into the one rectum.  Fortunately it then delivers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Aug 2018 - 21:20

Balladeer wrote:
Aye, but sections like Ordon Village in Twilight Princess or the chuffing Great Plateau still feel like the start of something special.

I'll give you the Great Plateau, but Twilight Princess had a notoriously slow beginning - I was actually thinking about Ordon Village in particular when comparing to Okami's opening!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 11:29

While it was slow, I thought it had a real charm to it! The farm life, the fishing, the goats... Maybe going back to it today I’d find it as intolerable as I do Okami, but I have very fond memories of Ordon Village.

Anyway, I’ve cured Shinshu Field now, and that’s as beautiful as ever. Love
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018 - 16:54

I replayed this on PS4 at the beginning of the year (I got it as a Christmas present) and it still remains one of my favourite games of all time. Jealous of those of you who get to play it either for the first time or are rediscovering its glory. So good!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:30

Balladeer wrote:
Anyway, I’ve cured Shinshu Field now, and that’s as beautiful as ever. Love

Very very jealous right now! When that music kicks in... so beautiful
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Aug 2018 - 21:52

It's got to be up there with one of the top moments in gaming, I think.

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 56ae8d2d726467fbc6f50216c3de053231d06457_hq

Still a better dancer than I'll ever be.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Aug 2018 - 4:56

I'm (very) slowly getting the hang of what I'm meant to do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon   Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Okami HD - Now I Can Explore Nippon on the Switch while I Explore Nippon
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next