We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 11:58

DQ11 is a banger, get it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 12:10

How did you fellows who are recommending DQXI find the other DQ games? That's probably a benchmark I need, because my views about various other Dragon Quests vary strongly.

Andy, did you love or loathe DQVII? I know it was one of the two, but I can't remember which.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 12:57

I loved 7, less so 8, though 11 is a lot closer to 8 than 7, it's just executed much better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 13:01

Hm. I couldn't get on with VII, so that's bordering on a recommendation for me. Never played VIII.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 13:49

I thought VIII was meant to be the best one in the series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 15:54

I think that's probably right, but - time. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptySun 23 Dec 2018 - 15:59

I felt like a tourist from what I've played of 8, whereas I prefer the feeling of turning up to a town and solving the problem. 11 mixes up the 2 styles a little bit more. I intend to go back to 8 one day to give it another go, but 11 is my fave fo sho.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 24 Dec 2018 - 10:51

I will give XI ago but when it comes to Switch I think now over PS4 and if it comes out at a sensible time, we may even not see in the west till 2020 as it's only been confirmed for sometime in 2019 for Japan.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 11:52

This Sunday will be the 3rd of March. That's an important day for a couple of reasons: I'll be seeing Shen for the first time in months. It'll mark 2 years since I decided to come to Japan. And it'll be the second birthday of the Nintendo Switch. I'm writing a gintendo thing for the day itself, looking at Breath of the Wild two years on. In the meantime, though, here's a thing:

Every game I've played on Switch, reviewed:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 13:27

I really enjoyed that post! "Fucking shite game" is a review that's needed to be written. I'll piggyback on this idea and review the games I've played too 👌
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 16:25

I might to something on GS on my thoughts of the Switch if we don't have a Podcast/I'm not on it.

Two of your games we differ with quite a bit Mr Lilly but hey here are my thoughts on games I mainly "finished" as I can't say much about one match of Fortnite or all those 10tons games

My Games:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 16:37

Oh wow, someone else played Morphite! Great game that
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 17:04

I think after that list from mas we might have to stop saying Andy has the worst taste in games on here. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 17:10

When I looked back my list, it did click this is why I don't think the Switch is all that as I can only see two killer apps Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.

Sure I played some other top games which you can see by my scores but could have played elsewhere and that's the difference between mine and Drunka's as he has two games I love on his along with others played on PS4 or Xbox.

Edit
Actually I did play Oxenfree on Switch as well which gets a 9/10 from me, just I remember my first play on PS4 more.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:25

Brilliant post Drunka. Genuinely had me laughing with some of those lines there, especially your analogy about Smash. Laughing

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think I could enjoy one of these things eventually, but I haven’t found the one for me yet.

You mentioned the shooting was what let down Fortnite for you, so you'll probably get on with Apex Legends in a big way. I hadn't bothered with any of the numerous Battle Royale games out there until AL, but it's a cracking shooter in its own right.

I'll give the big Switch write-up a go too, but I'll leave that for a separate post.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:42

Drunka was also big on Titanfall 2 and the shooting feels very similar to that so I can see him enjoying AL as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:45

Apex is really good and.up to that I thought the BR genre was rather naff
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 18:59

Aye same here mas, but as much as I'm enjoying Apex it still has the same issues as other BR games for me in that you can have 10+ matches before you have one really good one. That said you can still get matches where you lose but the chaos of it all still makes it fun, for example me and Jay dropped in the Bunker area last night and there was about 5 or 6 teams fighting for the same loot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 19:38

The_Jaster wrote:
That said you can still get matches where you lose but the chaos of it all still makes it fun, for example me and Jay dropped in the Bunker area last night and there was about 5 or 6 teams fighting for the same loot. Laughing

This sums that game up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 20:08

Haha that was quality! I think we should always drop bunker now when it's an option then we can get those sweet mozambique kills. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyMon 25 Feb 2019 - 23:59

Yeah I bloody loved Tites so I'd like to give Apex a go. A couple of my students are really into it as well.

Shock of the century: sonic fan has bad taste in games. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 8:16

Who doesn't think the Sonic game is all that, take away BotW (which if I did like it would still be a port much like MK8 in my thinking) so what do you think is bad taste though as I feel all the rest are pretty fair (maybe Celeste could be worth an 8/10 as I did put on my Top 5 Nintendo in 2018) and you know me that GRIS, Night in the Woods, Oxenfree, Subsurface Circular are all top notch and those are the sort of games I'm going to play and enjoy.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 9:43

Oh yeah Mas I played Quarantine Circular the other night, thought it was definitely better than Subsurface Circular. Think I got the best ending on my first (and only) run too Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 9:51

I still need to play that, I just never turn my Switch on
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 EmptyTue 26 Feb 2019 - 12:54

masofdas wrote:
Who doesn't think the Sonic game is all that, take away BotW (which if I did like it would still be a port much like MK8 in my thinking) so what do you think is bad taste though as I feel all the rest are pretty fair (maybe Celeste could be worth an 8/10 as I did put on my Top 5 Nintendo in 2018) and you know me that GRIS, Night in the Woods, Oxenfree, Subsurface Circular are all top notch and those are the sort of games I'm going to play and enjoy.

It's nothing personal as you like what you like, but you've basically put the boot into a fair few games that are not just highly regarded here but also in the games industry as a whole. Your scoring is all over the shop as well as you have Fifa on Switch rated higher that BotW?
For example we get that you didn't like BotW as it stepped away from the traditional Zelda mould but wasn't Fifa on Switch an absolute mess of a game riddled with bugs etc, so how was that not a problem for you? To me you are likely in the minority with a good chunk of your opinions which is why I think you have bad taste in games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 11 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next