We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2019 - 9:41

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Also a Celeste ally, don't forget.  Mas and Jay and the like may like Celeste, but they don't like like Celeste.

That's true, you got the game of the year correct two years in a row. You're alright.

Wrong but at least it's better than Cowboys
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2019 - 20:41

Oh, I had my big Switch games list to post in here! Here you go:

Jay's Switch Adventures:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2019 - 22:30

Jay wrote:
Splatoon 2

My first foray into the world of Splatoon! The multiplayer battles I took part in were decent enough, but it's not something I think I could spend hours upon hours playing like some fans of the game. What I really should do is go back and polish off the single player - that was a surprisingly solid campaign from what I played. I'd imagine that the DLC is of a similar calibre, if not even better.

The DLC really is top notch, so many great ideas in each level with very few recycling the same ones & even though I still prefer the first game this made it a lot lot closer. Get it played.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2019 - 23:55

Good write-ups there, Jay!

I think on the core singleplayer alone, I preferred Splat1, but throw in the DLC and Spl82n is where its at.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019 - 19:58

Ah, I see what you mean when you said I was putting the boot in: very kind! Think I found two games you didn't like, maybe?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2019 - 0:35

It's rare that I actively dislike a game, to be honest - DMC 2 was the first in ages that I can remember properly hating - as most games tend to fall between average and great in my eyes. I try not to buy stinkers!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2019 - 20:35

Switch update 8.0 is now live and it adds options to sort out your games in all software. We had at one point threads for most played 3DS then Wii U games, I've just had a look at my Top 12 Switch games (rows are in sixes)

Now this is not a true reflection as I'm sure FIFA 18 is my most played game but I deleted it off my Switch after I traded it in

1st Breath of the Wild, my only physical game
2nd Night in the Woods
3rd SteamWorld Dig 2
4th FM Touch 2018
5th Rime
6th Sonic Mania
7th Celeste
8th Oxenfree
9th Fast RMX
10th GRIS
11th Snake Pass
12th I am Setsuna
13th Reigns: Game of Thornes, to make 12 downloadable titles which would be correct most played
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2019 - 21:12

And still no precise metric of how long you've played them for. Neutral

1) Breath of the Wild
2) Octopath
3) Xenoblade 2
4) Smash Ultimate
5) Mario Odyssey
6) Let's Go! Eevee
7) Sushi Striker
Cooldude Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
9) Hollow Knight
10) Jackbox 3
11) Celeste
12) Baba is You

No real surprises there - maybe Sushi Striker and Baba where I might have expected Okami and... Iconoclasts maybe, which I must have got rid of entirely.  Huh.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2019 - 22:15

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
3. Rocket League
4. Pokémon Quest
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6. Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu
7. Splatoon 2
8. FIFA 18
9. Super Mario Odyssey
10. ARMS

I'm all about games that take less than ten hours to batter through though. That'll be why the Labo Variety Kit is #11.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 22:37

My top 12 is as follows:

1: SSBU
2: Breath of the Wild
3: Octopath Traveler
4: MHGU
5: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
6: Hollow Knight
7: Wargroove
8: MK8D
9: Splatoon 2
10: Super Mario Odyssey
11: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
12: I am Setsuna

I think I've done something with my Japanese account otherwise I'd imagine MHXX would slot in at #2. I'm surprised about MHGU ranking so highly as it doesn't feel I've put much time into that at all, which also applies to Splatoon 2. A tidy line-up, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2019 - 23:14

Here's mine:

1. Monster Hunter XX
2. BotW
3. Smash bros Ultimate
4. Splatoon 2
5. Rocket League
6. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
7. Hollow Knight
8. Mario Odyssey
9. Mario kart 8 deluxe
10. The Messenger

There's a fair few games outside of that top ten that I really want to put more time into as well but it's just finding the time for it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 9:22

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
4. Infinite Minigolf
5. Lego City Undercover
6. Hollow Knight
7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
8. Go Vacation
9. Celeste
10. Stalink: Battle for Atlas
11. Morphite
12. Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

MINIGOLF
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 11:06

I kinda wished I had left my physical games still installed (it's not quite that on Switch) to see where likes of FIFA 18, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyessy, Let's Go Eevee would have placed
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 11:48

You can archive physical games too right? If you archive them they take up next to no space but still appear
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 16:38

My girlfriend bought xenoblade 2 and skyrim on the sale the other day. I think the only rpgs she's played are pokemon, mass effect and tales of vesperia, so it'll be interesting to see what she makes of them.

I've got xenoblade 1 on the 3ds (and never finished it). Is it essential to play that before 2?

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 20:08

Different stories, different worlds. The ending of the second references the ending of the first, but can be enjoyed just as much without it - you just won't get all of the nods and winks. Otherwise you're good.

JayMoyles wrote:
1: SSBU

I think I've done something with my Japanese account otherwise I'd imagine MHXX would slot in at #2.

I'm slightly surprised it's only number 2! Has it all been online Smash for you Jay?

The_Jaster wrote:
Here's mine:

1. Monster Hunter XX

There's a fair few games outside of that top ten that I really want to put more time into as well but it's just finding the time for it.

Found your answer. Razz

OrangeRakoon wrote:
MINIGOLF

Laughing Also what's Morphite?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 22:12

It's a good minigolf game I promise ;-;

Morphite is a more indier No Man's Sky with a low-poly aesthetic and a main story that spans hand-designed worlds/levels (while every other planet/star system is procedural). It's a really relaxing space exploration game imo, but mileage will definitely vary.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2019 - 22:43

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Morphite is a more indier No Man's Sky with a low-poly aesthetic and a main story that spans hand-designed worlds/levels (while every other planet/star system is procedural).

Hissy fit

More seriously, that feels like 'the right way' to do procgen for me. It's still probably not for me, but I can see the appeal!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 0:04

@Balla I get that you're joking but I've not played any monster hunter in a good few months & its all other games taking up my time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 3:04

Morphite is bloody good. It's a handcrafted adventure game in the style of Metroid Prime with a soundtrack inspired by 70s sci fi synths. It uses no more procedural generation than any of a number of games you've liked.

Anyway, my list:
Spoiler:

Switch is shit. No games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 8:44

That's a better sell!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 8:54

Balladeer wrote:
That's a better sell!

Na it's still shit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 13:33

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
3. Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee!
4. Octopath Traveller
5. Super Mario Odyssey
6. Pokemon Quest
7. Tetris 99
8. Guacamelee! 2
9. Overcooked! 2
10. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition

Somewhat surprised that Pokemon Quest made it so high, but I do have a lot of games on the Switch that don't necessarily take up oodles of hours (titles that didn't quite make the top 10 were West of Loathing, Yoku's Island Express and Captain Toad). I imagine Mario Kart and Breath of the Wild would be there if I hadn't bought them on Wii U instead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 14:25

I'm surprised that Octopath came so low! I thought it was a 'go big or go home' sort of game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019 - 14:41

Drunka wrote:
25) Bobbobob 2

At first I was like what's this? Then I remembered. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 14 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 38  Next