We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)

Go down 
+7
Rum
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2020 - 18:37

Hoping nobody's having catastrophic cold snaps in their necks of the world, but the temperature's finally plummeted in Sunny* London and I'm loving it. I got to wear my Umbreon scarf this morning! Grin

...look, right now I can only really talk about the weather, writing, or work, and I promise the weather's the most interesting of the three.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Jul 2021 - 23:28

Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 _119503472_f362fce7-38c5-4ddc-8206-4d36189e2808

...that's definitely a couple of folk here that are buggered, right? How are youse coping?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 9:26

Melting
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:34

Bad. What's worse is our boiler ruptured when the heat wave started, and I had to dry up all the water with towels. Having a lot of drying towels in the flat when it's humid already isn't fun. And it's not like I could stick them in the washing machine either because that lived under the boiler so it's broken too. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 19:38

Oooooft, that's lousy Muss. Hope you get it fixed soon!

I've not had it as bad as some, clearly, but my new tower fan is my best friend now.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 21:14

It's only like 23 degrees here and even that's too much for me. Can't imagine the high twenties!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 21:15

High twenties!? It's been thirty in the south-east! Can't imagine what the south-west is like. Liquid, presumably.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 21:35

My car said 32 on the way to work, after two days off, never been so pleased to be back to work with Air Con and my Fridge to hide in.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 21:59

London underground isn't pleasant at the best of times, but this week it's like tunneling through the devil's arsehole. Probably. I've had colder saunas.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 22:09

I've avoided the underground since the pandemic started. No wish at all to break that streak at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Jul 2021 - 1:25

We're at like 35 as standard now,sometimes getting up to 37 or 38, so when I'm out and about hiking or shopping or going to and from work . . . its hot!
On the other hand, this country is used to heat so everywhere has AC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Jul 2021 - 10:44

I'm guessing even places without aircon in Japan at least have buildings designed to deal with the heat. I live in a flat within an 18th century factory and all our giant windows face the sun Laughing (I can't complain too much, it's a really nice home we've just had unfortunate timing with the boiler disaster, which also took out the washing machine).

Anyone else find that their appetite disintegrates in the heat?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Jul 2021 - 19:30

(looks at expanding tum) I wish. Then again, my flat definitely isn't as warm as yours! Maybe I need to go to a couple of saunas to help...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyFri 23 Jul 2021 - 1:40

Muss wrote:

Anyone else find that their appetite disintegrates in the heat?

It changes, definitely. I want fruits and salads and cold food. But also I get a bad lion appetite where I suddenly get super hungry all at once.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptySun 25 Jul 2021 - 16:43

I used to get cross as a kid when I'd come home from school on a really hot summer's day, in an old bus with no possible way of cooling down, trekking down an open street in the scorching heat, and then find Mum has cooked a piping hot baked potato and beans for dinner.
Of course I feel guilty about that now! But it was genuinely like torture at the time.

Having said all that I still want to take a cup of tea to bed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Jul 2021 - 2:29

I like hot tea all year around, and it annoys me that the vending machines stop selling hot drinks for half the year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:26

I'm pretty much a British upper-middle class stereotype. Of course I always drink tea. (Not to bed though, I sleep badly enough without late-night caffeine.)

Hope nobody got too badly hit by the storms! I loved 'em.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:48

We haven't had any yet! Amber warning for thunderstorms later tonight though. I hope it happens because it's been pretty gross and muggy, but we're also running an outdoor summer club at work so I'm hoping the rain isn't too torrential during the day...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 0:30

Balladeer wrote:
tea . . . caffeine

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Someone hasn't massively built up his immunity to caffeine through a decade of shift work.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyMon 2 Aug 2021 - 21:29

Can confirm not! And I'm trying to keep it that way. I didn't even do caffeine-fuelled all-nighters at university.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Jul 2022 - 22:46

Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 Screen12

Good luck with that, lads...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 9:40

Couldn't believe the heat when I popped out this morning, definitely hunkering down with my air con unit and waiting for it all to blow over now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2022 - 21:00

I went to the office, voluntarily. I've not done that before. I'm currently sat at home in a t-shirt I ran under the tap and it feels glorious. It's meant to be worse tomorrow, but before that, there's the small matter of attempting a night's sleep.

Stay safe, everyone. (And everyone's Switches. Nintendo's asked people not to play above 35. Ludicrous that it's even reached that point.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Oct 2023 - 18:26

Everyone enjoyed their Indian summers?  I'm thoroughly relieved that the temperature's dropped.  Less relieved that, after years of living in high-rise flat blocks where I get heat from all the buildings below, I need to keep the heating on in my new place if I want to dry my clothes at all.  That's a stinker from a money point of view. How do y'all dry your laundry?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 EmptyTue 17 Oct 2023 - 7:53

Nah, up here we’ve had killer floods, multiple landslides, road and rail closures for days on end and instances where people had to be airlifted to their safety. It’s baltic too, which is another kick in the balls.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)   Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking About the Weather Thread (Roman Rains)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next