We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time

Go down 
+8
Kriken
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
Rum
Jimbob
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time Empty
PostSubject: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 18:20

(Switch announcement @ 3:38)

My review from 10th May wrote:
Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time A-hat-in-time-review_1512474525040

Quite sad to say that I've reached the end of A Hat In Time on PS4, as I thought it was absolutely brilliant. As well as being very animated and self-assured, it's got a lot of imagination, spark and feeling. It's a very earnest and big-hearted nod to the greats of the genre (like Super Mario Sunshine and Banjo-Kazooie) that booted me right in the nostalgic tadger. Genuinely, it nails the characters, humour, tunes, level variety and the quality of the platforming itself in a way that would make you think that Rare developed it when they were in their prime. It's definitely got a personality of it's own though, and it's a lot more inspired than I've made it sound. It just got more creative, fun and all-round better as I got further into it. A Hat In Time, A Fantastic Time, 9/10.

"Launching in the near future" is the Switch version of the best game I've played this year, and an essential purchase for anyone with even a passing interest in 3D platformers. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Tue 15 Dec 2020 - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:18

YAS YAS YAS YASSSSSSSSSS! Dance

I've been dying to play this! They assured their Twitter followers it wouldn't be coming to Switch, so I'd given up hope - your review didn't help either mate. DAMN YOU! But now it's coming to Switch (at some point) and I am on this day one. DAY ONE BOYO!

Also it has cute seals Love (:o3) (:o3) (:o3) (:o3) ONE FLIPPER ROLL

I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 20:33

*Checks Steam account to make sure he hasn't already got it* it's on my Steam Wishlist - I suspect it's coming off that soon! This seems like an ideal Switch-sperience. Sr. Cappuccine, you'd sold me on it already.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:11

I've been interested in this for a while, and have put off buying it on the PlayStation store just because I wanted to get it on sale (because I'm a cheapskate) - but now I'll probably wait for the Switch version. Neato!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:17

...and then get slapped with the Switch tax, natch. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:18

I should also mention that I have had to be incredibly thrifty over the past year or so because money has been very tight, but I am starting a new job in a few weeks that will mean more disposable income to spend on tontooter games! Switch tax be damned!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyMon 20 Aug 2018 - 21:21

Ah, congratulations! I would be keen to read the details. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:20

From the trailer, the Seal DLC is coming to PC only at the time of release. Much like Rum was thinking about doing, I did get in a sale on Xbox One and I do need to play at some point.

I wonder what the technical hurdle was and how they've come it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:45

Yep, I'm well up for this one!

I love a good 3D platformer - the original Jak and Daxter is one of my all-time favourites - so this is going to be my sort of game. From what I've checked out, it's going to be living up to the hype. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 11:58

This just dropped from £23.99 to £8.99 on PS4 as part of a PSN sale. As tempting as it surely is to have a portable version, that's a not-insignificant saving there, and there's always the risk that it'll be a dodgy port on Switch ...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 14:59

Surely if you're picking up a non-portable version, you want to go with PC? Since that's the only version the DLC is out for. Unless the controller/price differential is that big a game-changer (I don't know how much the PC version costs).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 19:53

Also, the fact not a lot of us has a PC that might run it, compared to how many of us have a PS4.

The price difference is always going to be the biggest hurdle for me on Switch, seeing I don't play on the go, even if some games like a Dead Cells that feels like a Switch game launched at £3 more then on PSN/XBL. Sure it's only £3 for let's say I buy 10 "indie" games a year and all are £3 more, that's £30 come the end.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018 - 21:34

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
This just dropped from £23.99 to £8.99 on PS4 as part of a PSN sale. As tempting as it surely is to have a portable version, that's a not-insignificant saving there, and there's always the risk that it'll be a dodgy port on Switch ...

Goodness gracious, that's a good update. I might slap nine of my finest pounds on that.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 1:43

I think that just killed a few Switch sales, very tempted to download now and cut out the wait.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 22:51

I've enough on my plate right now, so I'm happy to hold off and wait for this to head to Switch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 11:27

I'm glad somebody is! Traitors, the rest of you, bought for 30 pieces of silver (at a rate of 1 piece of silver : 50p).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 11:45

Not sure you can call some a traitor for wanting to save possibly £14+, along with other things that may or not be relevant such as optimisation, achievements/trophies etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 11:52

TRAITORS I SAY

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time Tenor

(Y'all know I'm joking right? I hope so, anyhoo.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:20

masofdas wrote:
Not sure you can call some a traitor for wanting to save possibly £14+, along with other things that may or not be relevant such as optimisation, achievements/trophies etc

Aye, I get cost and a smoother experience, but I actually find it refreshing playing a game without trophies/achievements sometimes. I focus more on the game and enjoying the content as opposed to having tunnel vision focusing on an arbitrary challenge.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:28

Sure I was pointing out that could be something relevant to someone as even if they ran the same, cost the same that could tip someone over to get elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:35

No, no, I get it. Thumbs Up!

I wonder why this was withheld from the Nindies Direct and announced beforehand - it seems like the sort of announcement that would fit perfectly for that format.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:57

I wonder if AHiT's developers are a bit frost regarding Nintendo in general? Obviously it makes good business sense to release on Switch, but I seem to remember them not getting on too well with Nintendo fans prior to that... Of course many Nintendo fans are awful, so I'm not passing any judgement here.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 22:08

Ironically, A Hat In Time is one of only two games that I've ever got all the trophies for. "Having tunnel vision focusing on an arbitrary challenge" isn't usually something I'm arsed with, but I honestly had good fun getting all of the game's trophies. Mainly because it's a bloody brilliant game.

That said, I managed to 100% it in under fifteen hours. It's not a massive game at all.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 22:38

Finally!

October 18th! Seal The Deal DLC! Local Co-Op! And...

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time ECA5aN9UEAAmG7V?format=jpg&name=900x900

Dance
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time EmptyThu 15 Aug 2019 - 23:36

Played through this a couple of months ago after a friend got me it. Really good game. Charming, open levels but tight game design. Reminiscent of old platformers like Mario Sunshine in a good way, but also packed with a lot of originality. I'm a big fan of the 3D Mario games, but I liked this a fair bit more than Mario Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next