We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time

Go down 
+8
Kriken
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
Rum
Jimbob
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Jan 2020 - 22:05

This is very good.

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EOHN21MU8AA3uUy?format=jpg&name=mediumHere Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EOHN21OU8AAIz_o?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 15:13

Ha, very good. Laughing

How are you finding the game itself, Balla?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 18:14

I really like it! It's the first game that's well and truly got its hooks into me since... well, Pokémon, but excluding that... well, Tangle Tower. The point is it's made me want to keep playing more than such greats as LM3 and UGG. It's so charming and lovely and occasionally throws a terrifying curve ball.

It's not perfect, especially not on Switch where long loading pauses and technical muckups are the order of many a day; but I really like it. May well buy the DLC, thus neglecting all the other games I have in the backlog for yet longer... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 16:29

I'm in no position to be buying anything new, but maybe being patient will do me well as the game might get some performance patches by the time I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020 - 17:42

Maybe.  Sadly, I really do think the game could do with them.

I have however finished the game.  I disagree with Cappa's assertion that the game gets better as it goes along, though; because it's the game's character that I think is its strongest point, and the last world has almost none of that.  On the other hand, the mafiosi are bursting with it, as are the birds.

Incidentally, re. Jimbob's comment somewhere (not in this thread apparently?): turns out I actually had to beat Mafia Town Time Pieces 6 and 7 to unlock 5.  Er, okay, game.  You do you. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:09

The platforming gets better as the game goes along.  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:26

Is this the sort of game you can dip into and out of? If I start bringing my Switch into work on lunch breaks then I'd like to have a platformer as an option. Long load times put me off that angle a bit though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 19 Jan 2020 - 20:52

Ah... um... I dunno. Although it has a Mario Galaxy-esque structure, each "level" can take quite a while to do - it may not be lunchtime-friendly. However, someone else feel free to disagree with my opinion!

Previous comment opinion spoilers:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 11:07

I'm still holding out on a performance patch
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jan 2020 - 19:51

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The platforming gets better as the game goes along.  Thumbs Up!

Fair, but it... never gets that good to my mind.

Jimbob wrote:
Previous comment opinion spoilers:

Fairer! I think this is a good way of looking at it that I'd not consciously made the link to, and it does really resemble that level you mention a lot now that I think of it.

Muss wrote:
Is this the sort of game you can dip into and out of? If I start bringing my Switch into work on lunch breaks then I'd like to have a platformer as an option. Long load times put me off that angle a bit though.

I agree with Jim, sadly. I mean, every Switch game kind of is to an extent? I've turned off halfway through levels and come back to them later. But some of the Pieces, especially the ones that have more exploration opportunities, can take a good 20 minutes to acquire. It is good though! Get it for home play, it's probably better than whatever you're playing. Shifty
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 22:53

Gears for Breakfast announced the next project they're co-producing, called Here Comes Niko!.

They're describing it as a "cozy 3D platformer", which will surely pique the curiousity of many of us A Hat In Time fans on here. Worth keeping an eye on I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 18:56

I'd say this could have a new thread if you would like that Cappa. Anyway, as it's from GfB I immediately paid all of the attention, and although I don't much care for a 3D platformer with a 2D main character it looks sweet enough that I'm definitely curious, if not excited yet.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:46

I quite like the 2D characters - gives me Paper Mario vibes. That certainly looks cozy, so they've done what they've set out to accomplish, it would seem! One to watch, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 19:52

Well that's bloody charming looking that is. I miss Hat In Time already, so I'm properly paying attention to this now.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 12:51

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Gears for Breakfast announced the next project they're co-producing, called Here Comes Niko!.

They're describing it as a "cozy 3D platformer", which will surely pique the curiousity of many of us A Hat In Time fans on here. Worth keeping an eye on I'd say.

I saw this just come out, surprised not see Balla playing it after banging on about AHIT for years.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 19:39

I completely missed that. Part of which is since that previous post, my anticipation for the game has hit a pretty low ebb. It just doesn't look as fun as AHiT, it looks a lot more twee where AHiT was genuinely funny or epic for the most part, and I still don't like the 2D-character-in-3D-platformer thing. I'll read a review, but it's not like I'm excited to do so or anything.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2022 - 19:07

So much for being ‘worth keeping an eye on’. I didn’t even know this was out, I’d forgotten about it a long time back. I’ll sniff about for some reviews, but I’m just done with Pac-Man World Re-Pac and the release schedule is looking pretty packed for the rest of the year. Mind you, I really really liked A Hat In Time.

I’d like to say that I’ll get round to it if it’s supposed to be any good. But I’ve said the same thing about Demon Turf, Blue Fire, Kao The Kangaroo, that Spongebob remake from a couple of years ago…and probably loads more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 11:53

Thought you's would be all over TinyKin to be honest.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 12:28

That's yet another on the Game Pass backlog of indies.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 12:30

Tinykin is too good to be mentioned in this thread. Shouldn't even be mentioned on the same forum as this shite Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 16:07

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Tinykin is too good to be mentioned in this thread. Shouldn't even be mentioned on the same forum as this shite Laughing

Laughing No chance of making an actual topic for it then?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 16:18

Ok it can go in a different sub-forum I guess, that'll absolve it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 20:36

I'd forgotten just how awful Andy's taste in certain things is.  Every time he brings up his takes on AHiT I'm reminded of it.  Absolute shocker.  (Here Comes Niko does look like it might be 'this shite' though, sadly.  I don't want 'cosy' from my 3D platformers.)

I hadn't heard of Tinykin before now, so I guess he has his uses... what?  Jas brought it up first?  Never mind then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time   Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Here Comes Niko! / A Hat In Time
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3