We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game

Go down 
+7
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Athrun888
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 23:51

Okay, first of all I should explain why this one is 9th and XD was 10th, even though they’re on the same points. Here’s the thing: some cheeky bugger voted for XD and Colloseum as the same game so I don’t think the 2 points XD received there are quite as valuable as points it would have collected on its own.#

GNamer's 9th Favourite Pokémon Game:

Spoiler:

You said:

I say:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 23:55

And there's the first of my votes!

I'm going to hazard a guess in that we won't see Red/Blue on the list, but I reckon there's a chance Yellow could show up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 9:19

RUNNING SHOES
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 14:31

GNamer's 8th Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:
You said:
I say:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 15:00

Quote :
Choice tune: Obviously.

Me reading the post: "This better be Mirror B!"

Me after clicking: "Yeeeeeah, that hits the spot"

But while we're talking Colloseum music I'm going to post more, because this has by far my favourite OST in any Pokemon game ever, and one of my favourite game soundtracks in general.  

A classic.  This battle theme feels both extremely Pokemon and extremely Colloseum, and it's just a banger.  

Move over Team Rocket, there's a new team theme in town!  This hits all the spots.  Slick bass, awesome beat, and that electric guitar!  And for once the team actually deserves a theme like this, because unlike most Pokemon games they actually have good Pokemon!  And their Admins take it up a notch.  Speaking of which!

Did someone order intimidating and difficult boss fights?  Because these aren't your normal team Admins.  No, these guys bring the heat.  Ever wondered what real criminal bosses would use in a fight?  Get ready for Legendary Pokemon!  And I love the Pyrite Town motif in there.  

Smooth!  Very smooth!  Yet again the main series can only weep in the face of this theme!

Oh did you think we were done with Pyrite Town?  Nope, welcome to the underbelly of the region!  And what a tune it is!  

RELEASE THE SYNTH!  Again this feels both very Pokemon, yet with an edge to it that's a perfect highlight for a tough encounter.  

Oh but it gets better!  Check this glorious rendition of Hoenn's gym leader theme!

And this is what the remakes SHOULD have done with Steven's battle theme!

And last but not least, the final battle!  "I heard you like strong Pokemon, so I brought my Metagross, Tyranitar, and Salamence"

And just so we're clear I've listened to all of these for the full runtime in the past.  I absolutely LOVE this games soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 16:51

Can we not keep music nonsense to its own thread where it belongs so my eyes don't have to bleed Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 18:13

Colosseum being voted up above XD is pure Brexit. It does nothing better (apart from perhaps the main 'character'), and does a whole bunch of things much much worse. At best it's setting the groundwork, and the payoff came in XD.

Soundtrack is good though, I'll give Athers that. I hope he makes lots more music posts for us all to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 19:52

Drunkalilly wrote:
Okay, first of all I should explain why this one is 9th and XD was 10th, even though they’re on the same points. Here’s the thing: some cheeky bugger voted for XD and Colloseum as the same game so I don’t think the 2 points XD received there are quite as valuable as points it would have collected on its own.

Did they write it as Pokemon Colosseum XD? As I've seen that often on auctions etc for XD when looking for it, for instance.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 2:37

Nah, they explicitly put a "/".

Balla, less people played XD. It may overall be a better game, but Colloseum did most of the things first, and there is an argument that an evolution is less valuable/ impressive than a revolution.
More importantly: THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE HAS BEEN HEARD, STOP MOANING, GET OVER IT.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 14:22

GNamer's 7th Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:
There are adventurous level themes, but it’s the menu stuff which tends to get stuck in my head.
You said:
I say:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 16:35

Snap <3

Maddening that a sequel has never happened. Sort it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 23:17

It really felt like the Wii U was primed for a Snap sequel with the Game Pad acting as your camera. It made perfect sense on paper - pretty mind boggling as to why it never came to anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 15:19

GNamer's Top Five Pokémon Spin-off Games
”Number 5”:
”Number 4”:
”Number 3”:
”Number 2”:
”Number 1”:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 22:48

Pinball was robbed. Robbed, I say!

I meant to add something to my comment about Pinball - I think it was an even bigger treat playing that as a sprog considering the sprites were a fair bit more detailed than their R/B/Y counterparts, so seeing the 'Mon in better detail was something to behold.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 8:27

Right, that's all the spin-off gubbins out of the way. Now it's time for shit to get real: main series Pokémon Games.

GNamer's 6th Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 17:57

Pinball would have probably made my list if I'd played it. Pinball RSE did.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balla, less people played XD. It may overall be a better game, but Colloseum did most of the things first, and there is an argument that an evolution is less valuable/ impressive than a revolution.
More importantly: THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE HAS BEEN HEARD, STOP MOANING, GET OVER IT.

So wait: you're saying a majority voted for something new over something old but better, mostly because it wasn't the status quo, without being armed with enough information to make an informed decision; and that people who preferred the other option should stop moaning about it? #DrunkawasproBrexitallalong

I did not vote for Snap at all. Probably because I didn't play it at the time. It never felt that great to come back to years later, either.

RSE was a flawed generation with some good monsters.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 23:39

GNamer's 5th Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 15:52; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 11:27

A good list of spinoffs, but I'm sad the TCG GBC game didn't make the cut Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 15:43

GNamer's 4th Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 15:16; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 17:27

I'll bite on predictions!  

3: Platinum/Diamond/Pearl

My hard-on for Platinum likely only includes myself, but at the same time gen 4 did so many things right (Cyrus, special/physical split, region) that I feel confident it featured in enough lists to get a mention, but no higher than this.

2: Black and White

For a lot of people these are higher than gen 4, and it's easy to see why.  On the surface the story took bounds forwards, and it was the last pair of games to have any actual difficulty beyond surprising the player with cheap surprises (looking at you Sun and Moon Smeargle, it was a cute trick but wouldn't fool me a second time).  Couple that with its overall fresh feeling as a soft-reboot and, yeah, I reckon it'll rank number two.  

1: Red/Blue/Yellow

Too many people have too much nostalgia for this not to be number one.  I mean even I gave it a spot.  

I could also see X and Y possibly edge out either of the last two, but on the other hand its sheer forgettable nature and how much it babied the player (the start of a trend that continued and ruined Sun and Moon) I could see this doing fairly poorly compared to if this was a few years ago when it had just launched.  Meanwhile I fully expect Sun and Moon (and their somehow lamer sequels) to not rank at all, as they deserve.

On the previous stuff, I missed the boat when it comes to Pokemon Snap. Never played it as a kid. Looking back I'm ashamed I completely forgot about the Stadium games though, but on the other hand the fact I did should disclude them from my vote anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 18:12

BOLLOCKS!

HeartGold and SoulSilver horse all the other games. Naughty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 18:21

Have to agree with Cappa.

Shame vote is split between OG and Remake as combined it's 79 points and I can't even see R/B/G topping that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 19:47

G/S/C was my first placer so I must admit I'm disappointed that it charted as low as it did, but even still, I get it - my vote was fuelled heavily by nostalgia, after all.

As for predictions for the top placing games...

3) Black/White

2) R/B/Y

1) Sun/Moon

masofdas wrote:

Shame vote is split between OG and Remake as combined it's 79 points and I can't even see R/B/G topping that.

They're entirely different games though. I'm all for the remake/originals being split in the vote as they play and feel and look differently from each other.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Oct 2018 - 20:07

I think Jay's nailed it, except I reckon RBY will scrape to the top spot, even more heavily fuelled by nostalgia. I reckon not enough people liked/played DPPt for Platinum's superior quality to shine through.

HGSS were chuffing amazing, and if they weren't remakes (and were instead, say, gloriously enhanced sequels that played clever tricks with the original's setting... yes I'm still bitter) they'd have been right up there for me. I still gave them points, natch.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
A good list of spinoffs, but I'm sad the TCG GBC game didn't make the cut Sad

I voted for it! Class act, that was.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:27

I see why they are counted separately, but I wonder if anyone didn't include Gold/Silver in their votes because they had voted for HG/SS, or if they would have been ranked higher without HG/SS? Seems likely to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next