We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game

Go down 
+7
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Athrun888
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 13:46

GNamer's 3rd Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:

I reckon these are pretty exciting times! HGSS are out of the runnings, the originals are out of the way. What's gonna win? Platinum? Channel? Quest? Will X and Y ride the 3D graphics wave? Are Sun and Moon recent enough in the memory to stick?

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 15:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 14:10

I didn't vote for Gold and Silver as I voted for HGSS as those are better verisons of Gold and Silver which I would say are the best Pokémon games.

I felt it was better to give what be number 11 the 10th spot then have Gold and Silver at 2nd and HGSS at 1st.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:15

masofdas wrote:
I didn't vote for Gold and Silver as I voted for HGSS as those are better verisons of Gold and Silver which I would say are the best Pokémon games.

I felt it was better to give what be number 11 the 10th spot then have Gold and Silver at 2nd and HGSS at 1st.

Exactly. I voted for Gold/Silver and not HG/SS, so we ended up with a split vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 21:31

Great write-up as to why the originals still hold a magical feeling, Drunka.

I ranked R/B pretty low in my top 10 as the nostalgia factor can only go far, but what a winning formula they cottoned on to back in the very first game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 21:36

OrangeRakoon wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Exactly. I voted for Gold/Silver and not HG/SS, so we ended up with a split vote.

Yep seems it
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 12:38

If Sun and Moon somehow rank I'm going to be... Disappointed.  Especially if Black and White and/or Platinum (both infinitely better crafted games) get snubbed for them.  I tried to replay Sun and Moon, and being completely honest ingrown toenail extractions are more enjoyable (certainly more mentally stimulating.  And no, this is not hyperbole, I genuinely found it a preferable experience).  For every seeming step forward they also regressed the series in incredibly disheartening and tedious ways, somehow making me more interested in spinoffs like Go than any future main-series instalments.  Have they killed my passion for the franchise?  Well, absolutes are too strong, however several other games (YuGiOh Duel links and GO) have inserted themselves into the space Pokemon once held, so they very well might have.  

Certainly if I do play a Pokemon game again it's likely going to be a nuzlocke of White or prior titles.  If I were to write a review for Sun and Moon today it would look drastically different to what it did.  They're the epitome of a piece of media that you find amazing on your first impression, only to find it doesn't hold up in any way upon a second experience.

And I too chose not to vote for the remakes over the originals. I only wanted to vote for one of the visits to Johto, and one set of gen 4 games. Same for gen 3 and the Kanto remakes. Meanwhile everything from gen 6 onward was completely absent from my votes, too many spinoffs that were more fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 13:43

GNamer's 2nd Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:

I'm not sure what to do next. The Pokemon vote, to the surprise to nobody, didn't really come to a conclusion. If I collect up any monster or family of monsters that has more than one vote, I think I can find six. . .

As for the main series vote, the top 5 are the same as the top 5 overall, albeit the order is a little different. I don't want to post it before the winner, as it might reveal which Pokemon eLectronic Application Toy Issued by Nintendo's eUropean Movement is the winner. I dunno, I'll wing it, it normally works out okay for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 18:25

Hard to begrudge RBY their influence. Incidentally, I voted for both GSC and HGSS. It can be done.

BW were very impressive for what they did. Introducing an all-new 150 was bold. I'm glad to see them place. N was great too.

Athrun888 wrote:
If Sun and Moon somehow rank I'm going to be... Disappointed.  Especially if Black and White and/or Platinum (both infinitely better crafted games) get snubbed for them.

(winces)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 21:55

Ah, chuffed to see B/W ranking highly! As I said in my vote comment, B/W drew me back into the series after a total sense of apathy with Gen. IV. Good to see folks recognised it for its merits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Oct 2018 - 22:36

JayMoyles wrote:
Ah, chuffed to see B/W ranking highly! As I said in my vote comment, B/W drew me back into the series after a total sense of apathy with Gen. IV. Good to see folks recognised it for its merits.

Same as I missed R/S/E as I was that age, where I felt to old for Pokémon and Gen IV didn't look good at all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 1:12

masofdas wrote:
I was that age, where I felt to old for Pokémon

What? Does not compute.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 9:08

Think you said similar yourself about one of the Pokémon games, that you were playing it and your friends had moved on. I was one of those friends.

Black/White brought me back to the games, as now I'm not 13, I don't care if it's cool or not, I just want to play the good games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 13:51

Yep. There's nothing more immature than not doing things you love just because they're "childish".
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyThu 25 Oct 2018 - 21:55

We've all been there, I reckon. The pressure to be 'cool' when we were either adolescents, or in the run up to adolescence.

Fortunately we've all grown out of it now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 0:21

Aye, I used to be too embarrassed to talk about games or even stuff like anime or the TV shows I was into. Who cares anymore? Love what you love.

Speaking of love... I've a sneaking suspicion I'm not going to love the number one game on this list...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 3:36

GNamer's Favourite Pokémon Game:
Spoiler:

You said:
I say:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 13:07

That Pokécito is quality, though. Always credit the original creators!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 14:03

Balladeer wrote:
Always credit the original creators!

Oh did I not? I was googling in a hurry and linked the top result.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 14:11

Easy to miss if you're in a hurry! The uploader's comment on yours does credit the original, so it's not like they're stealing credit or anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 14:57

Moon, the game that finally got me back into main series pokemon since Silver

Platinum, the game that completely failed to get me back into the main series and actually put me off

Yeah Platinum is pretty bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 20:42

I didn't like Sun and Moon, that makes them the objective worst video games in the history of the medium. I also despise avocados, making them the single worst vegetable to pair with food. And eggs, do not even get me started on the revolting things that are boiled, scrambled, or poached eggs.

Don't get me wrong, at the end of the day everything is subjective, but if you're going to throw claims such as "it's actively bad" around you should back it up with well articulated reasoning. Otherwise all you're basically doing is setting out some very mouldy bait.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 0:26

I'd be careful with them rocks around your glass house, Athers. Winky Face

I've actually not played Platinum, but I'm the guy who didn't mind Diamond and Pearl . . .
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 7:43

The word to best describe Diamond, Pearl and Platinum is "mouldy" right enough. They were completely knackered when they came out. I can't remember any of these having a single fresh idea. Just a very basic, ordinary time of it, really. The new monsters they added were baws too - I just stuck with a team of old ones from Gen 1, because everything after was that unappealing. It's a completely missable era of the series.

They put me off a little bit too. Here, you sensed that it was all downhill for Pokemon. It needed a swift boot up the arse on DS, mad that it took six years and three games after Rudy/Sapphire/Emerald - themselves being fairly rudimentary Pokemon games - for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 14:35

GNamer's 6 Favourite Pokemon

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Six:

There you go. The next post I make will be the winning game and the Main Series Top Five.

G E T P U M P E D
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 15:06

Was going to post my thoughts on Eevee but might wait for a Podcast about Pokémon for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game   I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I Want To Vote The Very Best . . . Pokémon Game
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next