We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Muss
Kriken
Jimbob
shanks
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:16

Half an hour of gameplay for LM3 from Gamescom. This really is shaping up to be something impressive, I'd say. I've not played LM2, but the scope of this seems to be much wider than the original game.

I did feel sorry for poor Luigi - the presenters left him in abject misery with a snake attached to his nose for far too long. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 0:08

Yeah watched how they just sat back and laughed at him, made me think Nintendo of Europe are a bit harsh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:33

I'm not watching that, but I like the sound of NoE's sense of humour. Acerbic and harsh without being cruel is my sort of thing!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Aug 2019 - 21:33

Same as above, good to hear it's shaping up well but don't wanna ruin it for myself by looking at any more of it, probably my most anticipated game for the rest of the year this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019 - 21:18

I'm much more excited for this now having seen the most recent direct. I think in the Mobile section we all had the same thought about LM2 - it was good, but strangely forgettable. This looks like a more robust adventure.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019 - 20:35

(pulls the saddest face outside of Luigi in that one LM1 trailer)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 7:17

This is out this week. Who's getting it launch day like me? Who's holding off? Who's not interested at all? Chime in!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 8:29

Hoping mine will be here on launch day.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 9:11

Yep, even pre ordered it to get the glow in the dark steel case, so I'll be going to get it day one
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 12:42

Probably shouldn't given that I have yet to even start Link's Awakening but I'll get my pre order done tomorrow then it'll go on the pile when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 21:53

Balladeer wrote:
Who's getting it launch day like me?  Who's holding off?  Who's not interested at all?  Chime in!

All of these! I forgot that I pre-ordered it donkeys ago, and it's just about to get shipped. I was going to wait a while, as I'm honestly not that arsed about it. I think that's because I played through the first one not that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 22:06

I'm there and I'm actually gonna play it on release too! Hearing a lot of good thoughts about it so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019 - 23:07

Balladeer wrote:
Who's holding off?

Holding off for now! I can't exactly justify spending £40+ on a new release a week and a half out from moving into a new home along with having some Christmas presents to buy next month. If I'm in a decent spot after buying stuff for the house, I might just treat myself to this later in November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 11:50

You indubitably have a pretty good reason to skip it Jay!  Otherwise I’m hoping we can all get some chatter going: it’s been a while since we had a critical mass of GNamerians all playing the same big game. Smile

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
All of these! I forgot that I pre-ordered it donkeys ago, and it's just about to get shipped. I was going to wait a while, as I'm honestly not that arsed about it. I think that's because I played through the first one not that long ago.

Argh... Aww! Why did you play LM1 so recently?  Did you just forget that 3 was coming out?  Hopefully it’s good enough to shake off that indifference - reviews seem pretty positive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 14:52

I played LM this year as well that got me really excited for LM3 as it wasn't really on my radar compared to it is now.

Yeah, be great to have some chat Balla on a bigger Switch release as the last one to get a lot of chat was Fire Emblem in June? Could see a decent chat on Pokemon as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 18:45

It's arrived!  Or, er... they've arrived? Shocked Yes, my ShopTo order had two boxes and I've just confirmed that they both have versions of LM3 inside.  I'm pretty sure I only paid for it once...

Now, the obvious next question: which copy is the doppelgänger that will turn into green goo the moment I put it in my Switch?

EDIT: Wahey! The title screen is so lovely and cheerful! With just a hint of 'all's not right'. It's ideal. I imagine it'll change not much later in the game... Also it turns out I did accidentally pay for the second copy. ShopTo are more trouble than they're worth.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 23:08

I can't afford to pick it up right away but I've got a feeling I''ll acquire a copy before too long . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Oct 2019 - 23:38

Same.

Game looks gorgeous, and I do like this series a fair bit so will check this out eventually.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 14:04

Is it just me or does hoovering up ghosts feel a bit less tactile now? Even with the HD Rumble functionality, they feel more... insubstantial. Which I suppose is thematically appropriate, but isn’t quite as satisfying...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 15:51

It depends on the ghost maybe? Also not sure if that slam move is new or not (I think it is) but I love how you can aim and hit other ghosts with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 19:31

Maybe... not sure. The slam move is good though.

Also while I'm whinging, I don't like the bosses as much as I did in LM1, or indeed as much as the end-of-worlders in LM2. I have only done the two of them though! And the game's still charming, which is the important thing.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2019 - 1:25

Is it me or is E.Gadd a bit more bossy in this game?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2019 - 3:36

Laughing Aye he was at the first bit where you need to collect his briefcase, in fact he wouldn't shut up as I searched the other rooms for money/secrets.

Balla wrote:
Also while I'm whinging, I don't like the bosses as much as I did in LM1, or indeed as much as the end-of-worlders in LM2. I have only done the two of them though! And the game's still charming, which is the important thing.

Those first two are quite simple & they get much better as you go on, without spoiling anything the last one I done it took me a couple minutes to actually figure out their pattern plus the spectacle of the fight got a wee laugh out of me as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Nov 2019 - 9:01

Started this last night and just got the button for floor 3. I'm surprised I've been given what feels like all the power ups right away.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 21:29

I did think/hope there'd be a bit more Metroidvania stuff, but that's clearly not the focus and it hasn't stopped me having some glaring gaps in my gem registry. DAMN YOU!

shanks wrote:
Is it me or is E.Gadd a bit more bossy in this game?
There was one bit on the third floor, shortly after the first key, where even though I'd shut him up in the options he kept popping up. Bug I guess?

The_Jaster wrote:
Those first two are quite simple & they get much better as you go on, without spoiling anything the last one I done it took me a couple minutes to actually figure out their pattern plus the spectacle of the fight got a wee laugh out of me as well.
The next two have been better, although we all know who the real boss of Floor 2 is and it's not the ghost!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next