We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Muss
Kriken
Jimbob
shanks
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Nov 2019 - 18:40

Before I go through the laborious process of sending the duplicate back, does anybody not have Luigi's Mansion 3 and would like a copy for, say, £20? (UK forumites only, sorry.)

EDIT: Too late, it's gone. Oh well. I'm onto Floor 4 and this has the best boss yet by some way. Where's everyone else?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptySat 9 Nov 2019 - 17:23

I left it after finishing floor 6 then I got side tracked by the new content of Smash bros & MH Iceborne.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Nov 2019 - 22:25

Balladeer wrote:
Before I go through the laborious process of sending the duplicate back, does anybody not have Luigi's Mansion 3 and would like a copy for, say, £20?  (UK forumites only, sorry.)

EDIT: Too late, it's gone. Oh well. I'm onto Floor 4 and this has the best boss yet by some way. Where's everyone else?

Ah, wish I'd seen this in time as I'd have probably jumped on it at that price. Ah well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Nov 2019 - 8:56

Aww! Would have much rather pinged it to you boss! Apart from anything else, this

Balladeer wrote:
Otherwise I’m hoping we can all get some chatter going: it’s been a while since we had a critical mass of GNamerians all playing the same big game. Smile

has utterly fallen on its backside.

I am looking forward to taking down the boss of Floor 6. Cocky git. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 1:33

I think, well according to E.Gadd I've hit the halfway point in the fact that I'm now on level B2, so it may be a tight squeeze to get this done before Friday
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 15:30

Yep I think this is going to be shelved shortly, but I’ll likely be straight back here after I finish Pokémon.  It’s good fun!

I did take about ten minutes to work out how to hurt the 6F boss. Embarrassed Fun fight when I got the hang of it though!  Not sure whether I’m going to like 7F or not: are there a lot of small bitey things hiding in undergrowth?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 16:55

I played some of the best floors last night, some of the ideas were so clever that most other devs would use it as a basis of an entire game. This is definitely up there with the best games on Switch.

EDIT: Also talk of shelving the game for another is crazy when LM3 isn't that long, great companion type of game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 20:17

Think it depends on the other game played alongside LM3 (or another game) as I only want to play Death Stranding to know what's going to happen. Even Pokémon arrived tomorrow, I'd still be playing Death Stranding. I reckon the same goes for Balla and Shanks, they want to play nothing but Pokémon (unless it sucks).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Nov 2019 - 20:23

Kiiiiiiiind of? There are a couple of other reasons: I'm getting Shield at the same time as The Lady gets Sword, so we'll be playing through it at least partially together; and also, I'm much more concerned about being spoiled for Pokémon than I am for LM3. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if I saw a boss ghost, and I reckon I can guess the two final bosses! Meanwhile I want to keep the monsters, and even the plot, of the Pokémon games as discoveries. That's integral to me. I almost want to race through Shield before any of that's lost.

I may end up playing more LM3 alongside if I decide I've had enough of the monsters, certainly; but I can also see myself playing nothing but Pokémon for a bit, just as I'm playing nothing but LM3 now!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2019 - 0:54

I'm basically the same as Balla, I have a friend who's getting Sword to my shield so plan to go through it roughly at the same time and all that, If by chance I don't finish LM3 by Friday, I will certainly be back at it again as soon as I am done with Pokemon
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2019 - 12:27

Those are fair reasons as there's nothing like giving a game you've been excited for your full focus but I still stand by LM3 being a great companion type of game, it's great for short bursts of play as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2019 - 13:18

So’s Pokémon though - it’s one of those games oh can play for hours, or save anywhere and be done after a few minutes. Maybe they will end up complimenting each other! Who knows? Anyway, having both release within two weeks (and a day) of each other is (chef’s kiss)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2019 - 0:01

I think I'm probably way behind everyone else as I've been playing in really short bursts so it's no doubt been said plenty of times already but this is an amazing game so far. Every floor feels so fresh and that doesn't seem to be letting up, I'm currently on the 8th floor which has a great concept, much like all the ones befor it.

As excited as I am for Pokémon I'd much prefer to play of Luigi's Mansion for now, a definite candidate for Game of the year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2019 - 20:49

Nah, I'm behind you! I'd just opened the doors on the 8th floor when Shield came along. (7th floor boss was quite tough as well, liked him.) I think I will end up enjoying it more than Shield: for one thing, it's actually polished.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2019 - 20:10

I'm back on the mansionwagon now and Jas (and everybody else) isn't wrong: Floor 8's a belter. I jumped, I smiled, I... felt vaguely guilty?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2019 - 20:50

I did the same thing and despite getting the achievement for it, Luigi's reaction to it made me regret it.

It doesn't let up either, I'm on the 12th floor now and I can't think of one I've not absolutely loved, this really deserves more buzz than it had.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2019 - 23:02

Double post! I've beaten the final boss, will give more in depth thoughts when I post in the competed games thread but I'm happy to call this my Game of the Year as it stands, absolutely loved it.

However I've yet to even dabble in the multiplayer modes so if anyone is up for giving them a go then count me in, they've even announced a couple of DLC packs for the multiplayer, won't link to them though as they're a little bit of a spoiler for the story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019 - 10:36

The multiplayer DLC is an odd one.  How much call is there for this?  I can only imagine that most of the buyers got it for the single-player mode, unless for some reason competitive ghost-busting is really big in Japan?

Anyway, I did Floor 9 the other night and it’s... a bit of a comedown from Floor 8.  Pretty impressive set-piece, but... too short, much too short.  I’ve not heard good things about the next floor either. 🤞🏻
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyFri 20 Dec 2019 - 11:21

This is a classic Nintendo magic, sort of game.

Most of the floors just keep on giving, some great boss fights and wonderful stages and puzzles.

I did it in co-op, which worked really well. We stormed through it before pokemon came out
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Dec 2019 - 20:15

It's Christmas, which means: my little sister nicking the Switch and playing all my games. This year she's been immediately enamoured by LM3. Her inability to aim frustrates me, but she's enjoying it and I'm not playing much Switch at this point, and that's what matters.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 12:12

Balladeer wrote:
The multiplayer DLC is an odd one.  How much call is there for this?  I can only imagine that most of the buyers got it for the single-player mode, unless for some reason competitive ghost-busting is really big in Japan?

Anyway, I did Floor 9 the other night and it’s... a bit of a comedown from Floor 8.  Pretty impressive set-piece, but... too short, much too short.  I’ve not heard good things about the next floor either. 🤞🏻

I don't have many gripes with this game but if I had one it would be how some floors feel a little shorter than to point they feel rushed which I feel bad saying considering how much effort they put in to every little detail.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 13:17

My gripes were:

The co op should've been available earlier

Sometimes aiming feels a bit janky

The game is super hinty when it doesn't need to be and not at all hinty when you're stumped.

And yes some of the floors are underdeveloped and some of the bosses don't match up to the highlights.

But when this game is good, it's so goo-d.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 19:14

I see what you did there. Suspect

After the unappealing aesthetic of B2 (which I still enjoyed, but then I tend to get on more with tricky controls than some - see KIU) and the sadly underdeveloped Floor 9, I really enjoyed Floors 10 and 11. I've just started Floor 12 but that looks good too. This is a really good game!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2019 - 21:35

The controls being an issue seem to have passed me by, I did change them to a recommended setting early on though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2019 - 11:02

I've taken a bit of a break from story progression to go through and (literally) hoover up the Boos.  It's quite satisfying that, although it's a bit of a shame all the Boos act the same.  I would've liked to see them act a bit like Samus Returns' Metroids, with a variety of Boo types getting stronger.  A Boo on 12F should be more challenging than a Boo on 1F.

Niggles, natch.  The entire 12F is looking like a niggle too.

EDIT: Although the boss was absolute quality. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)   Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi’s Mansion 3 (They’re Here...)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next