We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 8:51

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Birdwatching is a brilliantly fitting idea for Animal Crossing that I’d never thought of before. Something new like that would have been really good – it’s been mostly the same collectable fish, bugs, art and fossils since the series’ debut. I never really got into diving for sea creatures. There’s some that seem impossible to outspeed.

The diving never really appealed to me, either. Nice idea, but less engaging than bugs or fish. Might have felt a little more varied if you could mooch out to sea in a little customisable boat or something and dive from it, or maybe collect octopus ink pouches to give it new paint jobs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 19:26

That's a really nice idea! That and birdwatching. Diving suffers from being kinda slow, but with all that sea I guess they've got to do something with it.

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Still, my sister will love it.

Can we swap your sister for you? Winky Face

She doesn't like wrestling either I'm afraid. Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptySun 7 Nov 2021 - 20:44

Blimey, didn't think I'd be the first one posting in this box after the update dropped!

The target audience for this update (a 60-odd-year-old woman who has 1200 hours on the main game) is absolutely delighted with the update. It's also quite convenient for me, because Reece and Cyrus' Things You Can't DIY Customiser has already been funded, so I jumped in and spent 4 hours today remodelling my house - now with matching black kitchen appliances.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyMon 8 Nov 2021 - 8:52

Is that not a bit of a busman's holiday, Jim?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyTue 9 Nov 2021 - 21:45

I restarted my island in late October in anticipation for the upcoming DLC and also because I'd lost any attachment to my original island plus I wanted to experience that initial gameplay loop of building up my island again.

I've had a chance to check out the DLC since its launch. I didn't think I'd get much the DLC as I was more objective focused in my approach to Animal Crossing (collecting all the bugs etc.) but there was something almost therapeutic about decorating houses for villagers without having to worry about sourcing all the furniture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 8:42

I haven't even checked out the island home stuff or Harv's island yet. Gyroids were my initial focus of investigation. Laughing

I received this unexpectedly after the family pack I am included in got randomly updated by the host. She will not accept any money for it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 13:17

I’m really liking all of these 2.0 updates. In particular, I used to never visit Harv’s Island but with various shopkeepers now having a permanent residency there it’s a great reason to try and finish my art collection, and to match up all my furniture. It’s a great reason to switch New Horizons on every day too, an excuse I hadn’t had since the game turned one year old.

Happy Home Paradise is exactly what I expected it to be, which is a souped up version of that old Happy Home Designer 3DS game. I can see a lot of people enjoying that total creative freedom and the even more casual change of pace that it affords you. Personally, I can’t see myself getting too involved with it – been there, done that, and the decorating can feel samey – but I think the characters, setting and potential make it great fun for what I’ll get out of it.

All in all, the 2.0 update and the new DLC just further legitimises New Horizons status as one of the best games of all time.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 10 Nov 2021 - 16:56

I tried out Kapp'n's boat trip today and managed to snag some out-of-season bugs. That's a nifty little feature for people like who also fell off the bandwagon after a year.

Not got enough money to put a dent in Harv yet, but again it's a good goal to work towards.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptySun 14 Nov 2021 - 15:50

Buskalilly wrote:
Is that not a bit of a busman's holiday, Jim?
Honestly I'm trying to avoid thinking about the many ways Animal Crossing's UI is better than our very expensive design software and product libraries. Animal Crossing doesn't have official Bosch Neff and Siemens appliances though does it?! Does it?!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 13:18

Hehe.
Siemen.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 12:59

I've reached the stage where I've unlocked all the 2.0 updates like Kapp'n, Brewster and Harv's Island expansion now. I'm still having a good time in my revisit to New Horizons and I think that's because I'm taking my time this go around. At launch, I definitely kicked the arse out of it rushing to do everything as soon as possible whereas I'm taking a much more leisurely pace this time.

Quick question for those that might know - is there any of Harv's shops I should be prioritising over the others? I figured the art dealer might be the first one considering how infrequently Redd turns up plus his dodgy dealings potentially resulting in getting scammed on a museum donation, but if any of the other stalls are worth going for, let me know!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 16:39

I'd get Tortimer while it is still autumn...
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Nov 2021 - 18:52

It’s totally understandable that you (and everyone else) kicked the arse out of New Horizons when it came out. We’d all just gone into lockdown when it was first out. New Horizons, pretending to do my work and paying £8 for individual face masks off of dodgy Chinese websites were the only things that were keeping me going back then.

I’d say the art dealer is the stall to prioritise on Harv’s Island, although Redd only changes his day-to-day stock once a week (Mondays?), and he only switches his paintings and statues if you buy something (real or fake). After that, maybe the fortune teller is worth paying for next – I’ve read that some of the fortunes can bring you a lot of luck with money and gifts on your main island. Otherwise, it depends how much you’re into carpets and wallpaper, or seedlings and bushes, or shoes and handbags. You can unlock them all with enough Bells in the space of a week.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Nov 2021 - 1:59

I've been playing steadily this whole time, so I've barely started on the new stuff. That said, I'm glad it's there and I'm glacially chipping at it.

Did the Thanksgiving Turkey Day event yesterday before work and it was good fun - basically a bunch of challenges for fishing and gathering and stuff. Smart!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Nov 2021 - 13:23

I need to look up the fortune telling stuff - I've been ignoring her as it seems to do nothing. There are no nook miles goals for her and as far as I can tell no rewards for interacting with her so I'm not sure I have any reason to Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptySat 27 Nov 2021 - 21:01

The Thanksgiving event is brilliant, I played for 2 hours straight the other day to do all that, a perfect example of what the special days should be, none of this prolonged nonsense where the eggs are inescapable.

I'm fairly sure there's some hidden mechanics behind the Fortune teller but I've never really made the effort myself either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyMon 29 Nov 2021 - 11:36

I've looked it up, you have to get a negative fortune to be given the choice to be purified for 10,000 bells, and if you do that you'll get an item in the post the next day. So I'm in the weird situation of getting my fortune each day hoping for it to be bad Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 12:26

Treesmurf wrote:
The Thanksgiving event is brilliant, I played for 2 hours straight the other day to do all that, a perfect example of what the special days should be, none of this prolonged nonsense where the eggs are inescapable.

Yeah, I had a really good time with the Thanksgiving event. I didn't even dive into it as deep as you could as I only discovered the option to add secret ingredients to the recipes right as I was wrapping up my play session for the day!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 EmptyWed 1 Dec 2021 - 15:09

JayMoyles wrote:
I didn't even dive into it as deep as you could as I only discovered the option to add secret ingredients to the recipes right as I was wrapping up my play session for the day!
I had the exact same thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15