We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 21:59

Cappa won't give a toss, but I do. I only played Dark Dawn out of this series and loathed it, to the tune of everyone and their mother telling me it's by far the worst of the three. Time then to see if they were right. My gut tells me that the frequency of the random battles will annoy me more than anything else impresses me, but I may as well give it a go - it's free*!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 9:48

I played a bit of this on GBA back in the day when I was jonesing for Pokémon. It seemed decent but turn-based malarky can't hold my attention if I'm not commanding monster friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 11:50

The first is the only one I've played and it's great

Though I hope this is a prelude to

"Mario Sports game releases, Camelot's last game was in 2021, feel they'll have something and it is often sports, though I'd sooner have Golden Sun."
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 13 Jan 2024 - 19:30

I'm just happy that these popping up out of nowhere might mean we get more N64 games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySun 14 Jan 2024 - 8:15

Balladeer wrote:

Cappa won't give a toss, but I do.

That's not true. It sounds like I'm prepared to give Golden Sun more of a chance that you are - you've already just about written it off. I feel I've been well-rewarded by recent experiences I've had with RPGs/action adventure games like Beyond Oasis, Startropics and Chrono Trigger. I'll give Golden Sun a go too, it might end up being similarly rewarding.

It's just the pervy JRPGs that are made by chair sniffers than I don't like.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2024 - 18:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
you've already just about written it off.

Well that's patently not true either! So I guess we're even. (Truth be told, I was so surprised I was posting about a VC game you hadn't that I assumed you didn't care.) I don't know how much action the GS games have, but one thing GSDD did well was having actual Zelda-like puzzling in the dungeons - so more than your average turn-based game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2024 - 18:23

I was actually thinking of starting up a Let's All Play for Golden Sun seeing as the JFG thread has died on its arse. I've never played it and I'd be keen to see how it holds up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 18:18

I could get on that! I think I need a bit of a push to help me keep plugging at this. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 21:47

It’s a decently active month for Nintendo Switch Online, with three Mario games and an F-Zero one yet to come.

Dr. Mario is exactly that. I’d like to make the time to play through Mario Golf, I’ve had the cartridge for yonks but only played it for about ten minutes at a time and only on a handful of occasions. Mario Tennis GBC was very good when I played that through back in the day, but I don’t think I want to relive all the RPG stuff.

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity was the game I got with my GBA on launch day in 2001, and I disliked it so much that I was at Electronics Boutique the following morning, waiting for the shop to open so I could return it. I grew up into being a much more, well, sane person, and I got it again cheaply when the GBA was on the way out of market. Anyhoo, I can appreciate Maximum Velocity for being an accomplished little racer, one that’s very fast, very playable and certainly worth looking at again in 2024.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 13:33

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but seeing F-Zero 99 come out last year and the choice of Maximum Velocity on Switch Online this month does make me curious if there's some F-Zero news in the pipeline. Wishful thinking, probably.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 0:53

I have good memories of playing Maximum Velocity with my mate Rich all night long at a sleepover. I still have a copy that I play on my Game Boy Micro but the gammy shoulder buttons make it an issue.

It probably is wishful thinking Jay, but if Nintendo want to launch Switch 2 with a visually impressive racer to play the role Mario Kart 8 played in Switch's first year, and they think its too soon for Mario kart 9 . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 9:37

...then of course, here comes Mario Kart 8: Ultra Deluxe!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 13:51

Also Tour is 9 or Nintendo count as mainline, so bring on Mario Kart X Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 13:59

Somewhere, a cosmic imp is reading this conversation and giggling to itself...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 22:54

See you all in Mario Kart 9.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 20:04

I think I suggested earlier in this thread that Extreme-G and Iggy’s Reckin Balls were two of the likelier third-party games to appear on N64 Online. They’re two former Acclaim games, and most of that now-defunct company’s catalogue has been acquired in the last twenty years. Throwback Entertainment - who as I understand it are only really in the business of re-releasing old games - got those two and Extreme-G 2, as well as a fair few games from Acclaim’s PS2/GameCube/Xbox catalogue. I’m sharing that information with you so that you can begin to look forward to Summer Heat Beach Volleyball when it re-releases on GameCube Online for Switch 2 in 2031.

Anyhoo, Extreme-G was all right back at a time before F-Zero X and at a time when it was one of the cheaper N64 games you could find in the shops. I think the cleaner visuals and bump in framerate will do it good on Switch Online, I think it’ll be worth revisiting. Iggy’s Reckin Balls, on the other hand, should be one of these meme games that’s so bad it’s good. Give it a go by all means and make your own mind up, but I don’t think it’s any good. Anytime I’ve tired playing it, I’ve just found it to be a confusing load of shite.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyToday at 9:42

The big things I remember about Iggy's Reckin' Balls was (a) I thought it looked pretty fun at the time (look: I was young) and (b) the massive gap between the NOM and N64 Magazine scores. If I recall correctly, N64 gave it 50% and NOM gave it 90%. 90%! Absurd stuff. I find it quite strange that they've brought it back, but Cappa called it so apparently I shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 EmptyToday at 10:00

I know I'm repeating myself now - but I just remember being amazingly bored with Extreme-G. Like an F-Zero Alpha build. Looking forward to trying Iggy's Reckin' Balls though, only because it's the game that B64 upset a PR lad with!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25