We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 May 2019 - 19:03

We have a trailer and a release date woop woop
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 8:12

Definitely more intrigued by it after that trailer BUT the weird Kojima hype machine is still spinning, and I just don't buy that it's something truly new for games. (would love to be wrong here) To me it just looks like a third person action horror game with possible online elements that change the experience each time you play? Hopefully there will be playable demos come E3 and we can start getting opinions from people outside that hype machine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 8:18

Well it won't be at E3 as Sony have no space. Only hope would be if it's at the Coliseum with Geoff Keighley which you wouldn't take seriously.

I'm not sure when the next hands on if any will happen, as Sony are becoming very much like Bethesda in that regard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 18:51

Ahh that's a shame but maybe some behind closed doors previews will still pop up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 20:23

Yep, I'm looking forward to this now. Bloody Kojima did it again.

The Japanese trailer has a little bit of extra footage, by the way. Looks like a boss battle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Sep 2019 - 12:02

I'm yet to watch it myself but we just had 45mins of gameplay at TGS and from what I'm hearing seems to be a buzz around it, I also think we're getting another 30mins tomorrow

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 10:21

I was hoping this footage would change my stance of not being bothered about the game but it hasn't.........it just looks boring from a gameplay point of view which is a shame because that briefing trailer they released before this gameplay demonstration actually made sense & was interesting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 10:33

I watched since my post and seen some of the translations of what Kojima said amongst other things coming out of all of this.

And Breath of the Wild has been talked about in regards to the world and gameplay, I spoke to EofGiz about it last night who's dismissive of the game because of the whole Kojima pretentious stuff.

But I can't say I'm not surprised you found it looked boring, and personally I doubt I'll play in the way it's been compared to Breath of the Wild as I will want to play for the story and the cinematic nature of DS.

Just I can see someone tracking down every little house like people did with shrines in BotW and could see some people just building things for other people like some have done in Fallout 76 and do in Fortnite.

The other being brought up is Dark Souls not in terms of how it plays but the multiplayer as instead of leaving notes you can leave buildings, bikes and more plus you can call on another player to help you it seems.

Yeah so two games I love *sarcasm* seem to be heavy influences.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Sep 2019 - 11:11

Laughing

There's definitely interesting elements to it so I'll still be keeping an eye out for reviews.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 21:07

Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EFX_BZZUYAAOrAz?format=jpg&name=360x360

Can someone get me the console
Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EFV9ormVAAEdJ_P?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 21:18

I can wipe my hands in some shit and touch your PS4 for £10 if you like
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 15:38

Yay Jimbob is coming over and I can sell my PS4 for $1000+ (eBay already)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:49

Jimbob wrote:

Where are you finding jet black shite? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:39

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Iron Tablets
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 19:12

JayMoyles wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

Jim: see a doctor. Pale
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 16:27

My poo is OK!* But should it dry, the colour would change, see. Mas' iron-enriched diet would help.

*Don't open this if you're eating:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 11:57

Info on DS these are the 8 tracks on Timefall Album which comes with various editions of the game along with being sold on it's own.

Trigger – Major Lazer x Khalid
Ghost – Au/Ra x Alan Walker
Death Stranding – CHVRCHES
YELLOW BOX – The Neighbourhood
Meanwhile… In Genova – The S.L.P.
Ludens – Bring Me the Horizon
Born in The Slumber – Flora Cash
Sing to Me – MISSIO

I'm a tad confused as it was touted as a complementary album but now says songs from the world of Death Stranding with the CHVRCHES track being the end credits song.

So I don't think it's the games soundtrack but the songs might be in the game much like MGSV cassettes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 21:47

So, what's our take on the reviews that have been dropping for this game?

Personally, I reckon it'll be a no from me. From what I've read and seen, it seems as though the game does a great job of telling a specific message and is probably the closest thing gaming will have to an arthouse film in the AAA world for a long time. But the gameplay doesn't sound engaging in the least and supposedly the earlier trailers, especially the big release date trailer that had me at my most interested in the game, are actually rather disingenuous. Stuff like keeping your balance and focusing on traversing the terrain really drives this home as a a walking simulator in the truest sense in my eyes and I'm not in a position to be dropping £50 on something that will likely bore and frustrate me.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 9:22

I was also getting if everyone gave it 3's and said it was a failure on every level. Was always going to be a marmite game, that I'm a tad surprised that it is on a 86 on Opencritic.

Which has of course lead to everyone was paid off and all that stuff, even saw it on Scullion Twitter the other day regards to a different game that he was paid off or along those lines.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:20

Yeah I highly doubt that anyone is being paid off for high review scores and it's just a case of said reviewers not being able to put their fanboyism aside. I've even read a few that list negatives about the gameplay but somehow don't take that into consideration with their final score.

Speaking of fanboys I am having a good laugh seeing some of them shift the goal posts when it comes to those bad review scores. Laughing

Jay wrote:
So, what's our take on the reviews that have been dropping for this game?

They've went how I expected them to really & I'm just glad they finally clear up what I was already thinking after that first gameplay reveal, though it does makes me think that if Kojima had enough time he could hype up shite on a stick and many folk would probably still lap it up.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:26

Yeah I've read some of the higher scores that do list negatives regards to the gameplay but then say the ending is fantastic.

Might be a case of it's not the journey but the destination instead of the normal it's the journey not the destination.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 15:50

That's funny because this review , which is the best one I've read actually says it's about the spaces in-between, so it is more about the journey and not the destination.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 16:02

Well I'll let you know in a week or so time what's it like as I'm on holiday and I did manage to finish the story of MGSV in about 3 days. That won't be long till my views.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Nov 2019 - 16:44

Could someone first hand let me know how the boring in-between bits are? I almost appreciate them in a Euro Truck Simulator sort of way. I don't want any of Kojima's Story Bollocks. Oh who am I kidding this game's like Kryptonite to me...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 22:01

The boring in-between bits might be what appeals to me strangely enough which sounds quite contradictory given my feelings about stuff like Journey, I might just be better watching a stream of it to be honest whilst there's still a buzz around it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game   Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Stranding AKA Kojima and Friends The Game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next