We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)

Go down 
+22
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Treesmurf
masofdas
fronkhead
nupkin
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
koopatroopa
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Jimbob
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Silver light
Kezz182
ZeroJones
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 7:22

Aw, that's really lovely. Sad Good night, sweet momentary distraction.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 10:35

Just popping by for a quick heads up that I'm hoping to sit down and get that top ten done in the next day or so. I've got the actual themes narrowed down, it's just getting the links and actual post organized.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 20:50

Razz

I didn't post The Sun Rises when I did Okami the first time. I'm now not sure I made the right decision. This is a bloody amazing piece of music, and perfect for getting the blood pumping when you're feeling down... or at any other time really. A classic.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyThu 28 Apr 2016 - 20:49

Balladeer wrote:
Razz

I didn't post The Sun Rises when I did Okami the first time.  I'm now not sure I made the right decision.  This is a bloody amazing piece of music, and perfect for getting the blood pumping when you're feeling down... or at any other time really.  A classic.
Great, now I'm all nostalgic and weepy! I loved Okami. I didn't always enjoy playing it (I'd say 78 of the 80 hours were played using the secondary attack button, as that was a button, as opposed to waggle) but I loved the way it sounded and looked.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 20:42

That music reminds me I really need to finish my playthrough of Okami HD!  

On xcx, to be fair my hype has kind of completely died since plans fell through.  I wrote up some stuff for the lowest ranked themes and got drawn away by some stuff and just don't have the motivation now (I blame the terrible ending that makes me hate it more and more over time, the more I stop to think about the ramifications of the nonsense it revealed the more my blood boils.  I know the main story was eh, but what was the point of it all after that nonesense?  ARGH!   Evil or Very Mad )

I mean I could post a top ten, but it'd just be links to the themes without any descriptions at this point. The fire of passion flickered out a while back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptySat 4 Jun 2016 - 15:57

Looks like someone else will have to take over...

GNamer Music Time Interval 140: Asscaves

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 29

A number with 0 on the end means a big week, and a big week means a big game.  There aren't many bigger games on Nintendo consoles than XCX.  Andyman, cover your ears: the rest of you, here we go.  The names in brackets are what the tracks are actually called, but they're silly for the most part, so I've given the tracks sensible names instead.

5. Entering New LA (THEMEX)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Xenoblade-Chronicles-X_2014_11-05-14_005

This is the music from the E3 trailers, I think?  One of the pieces anyway.  It also plays when you enter Neo LA.  Can't think why they chose this piece to show off their new game, it's not like it's MIND-BLOWINGLY EPIC or anything.

4. Sylvalum (Night) (46-:ri9, second part)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Xenoblade%2Bx%2Bthe%2Bentrancing%2Bsylvalum

Phendrana Drifts, eat yer heart out.  Well, don't, you're still lovely - but so is this.  Traversing the snow/spore-filled continent of Sylvalum to this gorgeous thing is a haunting experience.  Until a chuffing Xe-Dom sees you trying to do just that and rips your machine's heart out.

3. Noctilum (Day) (N木ig木ht木L/NOfCoTreIsLtUM, first part)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Noctilum

Straight out of The Lion King, this one.  Some people may find the vocals slightly cheesy: I love 'em.  "One by one!"  (That kanji means "forest" in Japanese, apparently.)

2. Taking Flight (Don't Worry)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 RW6zt3A

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS!  Unless (a) you've already unlocked the Flight Module, or (b) don't intend to get there in-game.  Taking off for the heavens, and seeing what's up there, wouldn't be... two thirds as good without hearing this music for the first time, making you feel like an utter god.  Sometimes, you don't need a big gun to fulfil a gamer's power fantasy: you just need the right music.  (And free flight in a robot with big guns, I suppose.)

1. Mira Revealed (z5m20i12r04a28)

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Xenoblade-chronicles-x-mira

YES YES YES YES

Quite similar to Noctilum's music, yet somehow EVEN BETTER.  This is, indeed, the day I've been waiting for. Love (Untangle that title and you get "Z5 Mira 2012/04/28" - the date this piece was composed?)

There are many other greats in the soundtrack.  Athrun may well tell me off for omitting Uncontrollable; the Divine Roost theme just missed out as well.  Go seek 'em out!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 17:40

Needs more Wir fliegen and Themex taking top spot!  I would say it also needs aBOreSSs as well but I don't think you beat chapter 11, and So nah so fern is the final boss cutscene theme so despite being the second best theme in the game same goes

Speaking of Wir fliegen it always bothered me the last half of the theme, which goes from electronic to rock, was omitted from the game.  Although that probably isn't a issue for most players who probably never learned how to sustain it indefinitely, instead they get to enjoy just hearing the first ten seconds and nothing else!

still Noctilum makes it so Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 18:06

I did beat Chapter 11! I literally gave up at the game's final gambit thingy. But I didn't remember the music, and while I did comb the soundtrack it still didn't jump out at me, not in the same way as those five.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 22:29

This game had such incredible music and visuals... I'd like a version with the combat completely removed, where I can literally just explore Mira and watch the wildlife.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 23:25

Okay, so I haven't asked Balla for leave to do this, but I do have the backing of both admins, so consider it a coup!
GNamer Music Timechunk 141: Drunken Newcastle Week

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Smooth-moves-540x203

Still the best Wii game for a large number of drunk people in a room. What other game can be played by anyone, gamer or otherwise, and support 12 players with one Wiimote? Plus, and this might be the cocktails talking, it has some bangaranging tunes!

5: Jimmy T
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Tumblr_m9pclzT6vv1qmd0hwo1_500
Jimmy T always brings some cracking disco- even with the preamble of all his cat friends! We were discussing this on Saturday: is he any relation of Mirror B?

4: Introduction
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Temple_of_Form
As always with these lists, here's the one I'm including just for nostalgia. But man, I love this game, and firing it up always gives me the feeling of being 17 again...

3: Survival
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Hqdefault
Just a short sting, but enough to convincingly make this king of multiplayer modes all the more exciting.
"YISS!"

2: The Form Baton
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Elephant
I couldn't find this music without the accompanying voiceovers but, honestly, why would you want to? Fire this up, close your eyes and let the playlist play.

1: Tower Tennis
Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Hqdefault
Not the biggest, or cleverest, of minigames but a surprisingly tense and engaging adventure to the top through which I proved I am the Main One. Amazing music, sounds like the final level of a Castlevania or something equally gothic and dramatic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:56

That Tower Tennis track really is a banger - I was wondering if it had been exaggerated in my mind because of the beer, but it truly is a cracker.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Not the biggest, or cleverest, of minigames but a surprisingly tense and engaging adventure to the top through which I proved I am the Main One.

You can't take back what's already been said. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 19:53

No Tomorrow Hill? Presumably because I did it last time we covered WWSM here, but it can't be played too many times.

Also, you can't have Jimmy's theme without the feline cinematic. 🐱 🐱 🐱 🐱
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 21:55

Superb game. I'd forgotten that it had a soundtrack that good. I remember not enjoying the multiplayer that much though - don't have have to pass one Wii Remote around between youse?

Best Wii game for a large number of drunk people in a room is the first Cooking Mama, btw. Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 23:13

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Superb game. I'd forgotten that it had a soundtrack that good. I remember not enjoying the multiplayer that much though - don't have have to pass one Wii Remote around between youse?

We didn't have the multiplayer unlocked at the meet-up, so I'm not entirely sure. We played the single player and just passed the remote between us after each minigame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016 - 6:54

Yeah, the multiplayer modes mostly involve passing the Wii Remote, but that leave you more time to have a pint in your hand instead.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 20:48

In my head today is the theme Namco Bandai's sadly overlooked and criminally underrated Wii belter, Go Vacation

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:22

I love me some acoustic guitar in videogames, I do. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 20:59

Fond memories of coming back from school, battering through my homework and then sticking on the original Animal Crossing. This is the definitive anthem of my teenagehood.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 21:45

Cappa keeping the music thread alive almost single-handedly: good stuff. Thumbs Up! Never played ACGC (ha!), so that's a new one for me. It's... very AC.

My teenage anthem would probably be:

Played that game half to death, I did.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 22:21

"Anthem of my teenagehood", we seem to be posting? Right. Cool

The hours and hours I spent on this track, shaving fractions of seconds off my time, seeing if I could cut the corner more and more - damn, fell off the track. Embarrassed Winky Face On hearing the first bars shoot out of the speakers, I started to feel tense. Honestly.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 23:16

Got a huge amount of nostalgia for the gamecube Animal Crossing which, although I love them to bits, later games never quite recapture.

As for teenage anthems, this is the song that defined my sixth form. Free periods, lesser parental supervision and "study leave" meant huge amounts of time in which my friends would all be crammed onto a sofa racking up ludicrous kill counts.

I almost didn't want to post for similarity to Balla's. The other contenders are this, for similar reasons to Brawl, or this from slightly earlier in my teenage years.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 23:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
Got a huge amount of nostalgia for the gamecube Animal Crossing which, although I love them to bits, later games never quite recapture.

It was one of those types of games that comes along once a generation. There's a certifiable, tangable magic about it that wasn't repeated by anything until maybe the first Super Mario Galaxy. I love all the later games to bits too, and I think New Leaf surpasses it, but the first is the most wonderful and enchanting of them all.

That comment I made about 5pm being the anthem of my teenagehood was a joke, of course, but the truth is that Animal Crossing was a massive part of my gaming years back when I was fifteen/sixteen. It's no joke to say that I played nothing else for the first six months, until the DS came out in early 2005.

There's a lot of Animal Crossing stories I could tell, but this isn't the thread for it. Maybe I'll save that chat for when Nintendo inevitably brings out amiibo Festival 2 to launch the NX.

In the meantime, here's another song I heard a lot of back when I was a teenager.

Monkey Target by itself would make my GameCube Top 10. It's the stuff of legends. That song is a national anthem, somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016 - 22:20

I didn't play anywhere near as much Brawl as I did Mêlée, occupied as I was with academia and discovering socialising for the first time when it came out.  Still clocked up several hundred hours.  The series does have some epic theme tunes, does it not? Smile

I was always dire at Monkey Target. Sulk

Incidentally, another theme of my adolescence, albeit one that now brings up memories of rage:

This route and its incessant rain and backtracking to a Pokécentre miles away can get tae f***. DAMN YOU! Despite it, I played through Pokgeymans Ruby and Sapphire about five times between them.  The music now sounds horrible.  The new version's a bit nicer.

(Also this. Everyone laughed at IGN, but you know what? They had a point, albeit badly expressed.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyWed 27 Jul 2016 - 23:57

GameCube was right at the heart of my social life back when I was a teenager. I remember Melee definitely being the game of the summer in 2002, and I remember having a load of my mates round to play four-player matches, with the odd game of - yes! - Monkey Target in between. I played Melee to buggery in that summer alone. Some of those tunes are ingrained in my memory. It was the best soundtrack ever, at the time.

Brawl? Not so much. Same as you - I was more interested in pubs and clubs, and I was going into my third year of uni. I got about forty hours out of that.

I didn't play Ruby or Sapphire at the time, only Omega Ruby when it came out. That I can't remember any of the tunes from it probably tells me that I don't think it's all that amazing. If somebody ever does a Best Pokémon Game vote, those will probably be quite low down on my list.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 7:54

I'm slightly younger than you two old farts, so Brawl was to me what Melee was to you, and 4Wii U only got one decent day of play before we returned to the pub, Mario Kart and Wario Ware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)   Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!) - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo Consoles Music Thread (Thanks for Listening!)
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next