We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

Go down 
+6
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
NintenDUCK
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 18:10

I'm on a One X and it's super slow, like Bloodborne slow
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 18:36

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 9k=
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jun 2019 - 19:39

*flashback to when Bloodborne didn't even have lore to read on it's loading screen*

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 22:33

JayMoyles wrote:
masofdas wrote:
The bosses seem to be the biggest issue even on medium, with serious rub banding.

Yeah, I've heard the rubber banding is particularly nasty in this. Rubber banding is my biggest gripe with any racer, so if it's that nasty then I might not be as interested in this as I was.

I've gone off it for that reason, seen a few videos showing it and it looks downright frustrating, Mario Maker is out on Friday, I don't need this anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 22:55

This is all crazy talk for the best kart racer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:10

Do you care to elaborate on that?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:17

It's just ridiculously fun to play and a story-like mode is a big one for me.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:41

See the signature a couple of posts up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2019 - 0:39

Never played this back in the day, so this was a skip for me as yeah Mario Maker is out in a couple of days, and well I guess I'm just a Mario Kart guy as didn't even touch Sonic team racing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:45

masofdas wrote:
This is all crazy talk for the best kart racer.

https://www.gnamer.com/t1209-mario-kart-8-deluxe-king-boo-this-man
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:46

The thread's subtitle works in that context as well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:51

All those in favour to turn this thread into a Mario Kart general discussion thread, say aye. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 21:55

I should have said in my last game finished post, it's very much FIFA v PES. We all know PES (CTR) is the better game but people buy FIFA (Mario Kart) because you have all licenses.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:00

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 E02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:20

So does that mean that CTR has an edit function so you can put actually good characters in it then?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:20

Unfortunately not
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 0:33

Have been enjoying this game a lot and didn't play CTR back in the day. I grew up playing the Mario Kart games and have played all of them, loving a fair few of them, but have to say Nitro Fuelled gives them a run for their money.

It's a shame it doesn't hit 60fps on any console, but when it hits PC it's going to have that benefit on top of looking as gorgeous as it currently is.

And of course the loading times aren't great - probably the most annoying thing for me, especially on Switch. Compounds problems the online already has, but it can still be great fun. Recently the loading times for Botw/Mario Oddysey were improved, I think by updates which 'overclock' the Switch during load times, so was hoping this game could get the same benefit. Remains to be seen if they'll bother though.

Also, regarding the bosses, at least on medium difficulty, I don't think they're that bad. One of them took a couple of retries, and the very final one was rather tough but then got a lot easier when I found an effective strategy versus them. Basically it becomes a lot harder when you lose the lead vs them (especially the very last boss during one of its very long phases). But generally, getting the lead isn't too hard at the start of the race.

There is probably a bit of rubber banding in these boss fights but it's mainly just that the traps they drop when they're in front of you can be annoying to deal with, and when you're in front of them you can effectively keep them back with your own items. Not a big deal imo - can't say the same for hard mode which I haven't tried, but I'd imagine people are okay with just settingly for medium difficulty. If there's rubberbanding anywhere else in the game, it's very slight.

Edit: Found out they apparently will improve load times https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/15/crash-nitro-refueled-switch-boost/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled   Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2