We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Golf World Tour

Go down 
+16
Admin
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
beemoh
masofdas
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Silver light
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
ZeroJones
shanks
Balladeer
fronkhead
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 12:22

I can't see it being worth it without a solid single player experience and that's what the RPG mode is meant to provide. On a console it's not so bad because that's more likely to get some multi player play but on a handheld multi player just doesn't happen for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 12:57

Despite the RPG element not being the same as other games in the series doesn't this still have a lot of single player content? Just look at toadstool tour on the cube probably the best game in the series & not a RPG mode in sight, also I'm sure we could get a few GNamer multiplayer game nights on this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 15:29

If anyone wants an RPG, might I suggest that they go play an RPG? It's a cartoony, arcadey sports game, not at all designed to be padded out as a substantial single-player experience with a flimsy, non-essential effort at being an RPG too.

~

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Mario Tennis Open. Fair enough, it was a bit cheeky that they reused a whole bunch of soundclips from the GameCube version, but the foundations of it were strong and robust. Personally, I'd have been right fucked off had they tacked some Early Learning Centre RPG onto the arse of it. I've got the previous games in the Tennis and Golf series, and those RPG bits weren't needed, in my view.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 15:34

Many of us (and many critics) liked the RPG mode.  It worked well, it wasn't "flimsy" or "Early Learning Centre", and we're sorry that it's gone or watered-down.  We know you hate RPGs, but expecting everyone else to do the same is more than a bit silly.

Can it still be a good game without the RPG mode?  Absolutely.  Toadstool Tour was.

Would it have been a better game, had it had the proper RPG mode?  In many people's opinions, yes.

Anyway, it's the Mission Mode-esque mode (can't remember what it's called now) that I'm looking forward to, and that I hope will bring the longevity.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 18:03

I ordered my copy earlier today & I'm looking forward to it.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:39

As there's not much coming out in next month pay, I'm getting even if RPG mode is lacking as it will be fun and hopefully we can be able to play online but would of been nice to have something meaty in the single player side. As it's not like the N64 or Cube when I used to play with mates, now it's just me so single player is important but hope we can tee off online.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 1 May 2014 - 9:49

It's not bad so far, though I've only done 18 holes one one course so far
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 12:28

I am enjoying it so far. I'd say it's nearly as good as the GC version (my favourite out of the series).
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 17:19

So far this is every bit as good as I'd hoped for, think I could become very addicted to this.

A word or two on the first downloadable courses, if there's anyone thinking about getting them: they're okay, nothing out of the ordinary, not gimmicky, just two very nice looking courses. So I guess if you absolutely must have two extra courses, then get them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 May 2014 - 20:10

It's three extra course.

Anyway got today, played for a bit. It's a rather a pretty game but feels a bit bare unless there's a lot more to unlock. But I noticed one thing about this game and other Mario titles. Mario, Luigi all play in there normal clothes but Peach is in different attire which is rather female golf like in this case.

Especially with her almost real life counter part
Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 Paulac10
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 0:02

Has anyone else noticed that all the nintendo characters in this game talk directly to you, except Mario and Luigi? They choose to communicate through a Toad cipher!

Even Yoshi will have a chin-wag with you, and he has never had the power of speech before(I think)!?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 3:47

Maybe they think they are too good for us
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 9:02

Let's face it: they probably are.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 12:01

And Peach only talks to us as she has to give us the trophies
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 15:14

masofdas wrote:
It's a rather a pretty game but feels a bit bare unless there's a lot more to unlock.

I've unlocked a lot of things so far: extra golfing attire, and courses mostly, oh, and Toad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 16:57

Dusty Knackers wrote:
masofdas wrote:
It's a rather a pretty game but feels a bit bare unless there's a lot more to unlock.

I've unlocked a lot of things so far: extra golfing attire, and courses mostly, oh, and Toad.

I think things may be easily missed with the way the menus are layed out, going into quick round then single player opens plenty modes to play though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 1:16

I'm currently going or at least trying to go through the championships to unlock the courses first up
Back to top Go down
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 16:21

Say I fancy playing a a lengthy sports-based career mode. Do I go with Mario Golf or Nintendo Pocket Club?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 17:06

I'd say go with Nintendo Pocket Football Club. Mario Golf has a weird single player set-up, I assumed the Castle Club mode was going to be a big single player career mode. However, I saw the credits last night after winning three tournaments. I then walked around CC's lobby for something else to do, but there's nothing else worth doing it seems. There's the putting, driving, and approach challenges, and the one-hit one-putt challenge. Warp pipes open up in one part of the Club's garden, but all you can do there is practice nine holes on various courses. There are no other tournaments to play in, unless you do it Quick Play mode. It's such a weird set-up.  Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 17:10

CVG did say that most of the one-player mode's in Quick Play, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 17:13

Don't you unlock two more tournaments one in the royal garden on peach course or something and it's there the dark end on the right.

It seems weird it's all in quick play mode, it's a golf game it should be about tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 19:06

Balladeer wrote:
CVG did say that most of the one-player mode's in Quick Play, though.  

Didn't read any reviews.

masofdas wrote:
Don't you unlock two more tournaments one in the royal garden on peach course or something and it's there the dark end on the right.

I already mentioned those, they're not eighteen hole tournaments.
Back to top Go down
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 22:34

Alright, thanks chaps. Looks like NPFC should fill a faux-athletic hole in my life. Saves me some money, too.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 4:20

For those of us who have the game (all four of us...), we should arrange an online game sometime. Or at the very least set-up a tournament that we can all play through.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 EmptyFri 9 May 2014 - 4:46

I'll definitely be up for that at the weekend at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Golf World Tour
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next