We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Maker 2

Go down 
+12
masofdas
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
shanks
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2019 - 22:35

Wasn't the 10 Mario Challenge user generated as well? I thought it was just Nintendo-approved levels or something...
I keep having new ideas for this game because I am still very excited for it and will continue to be, if Nintendo had the time they could make a system that could take a part finished level and complete it, it would be a really cool use of AI to define a set of categories and relationships all mainline Mario levels fall into and then categorise the section of level you've made so far along those lines and complete it for you. It'd be really cool.
Less fun but cool and interesting would be an in depth tutorial on how to actually make a Nintendo quality level, and maybe if you have completed this in depth tutorial your levels are more prominent on the revamped level browser...
...because I would like to see that revamped now too, instead of just starring it I'd like to see them rated out of 3 or 5 or whatever across a few different categories (fun factor, difficulty, novelty) so people can filter for stuff more effectively. Or maybe just have those criteria as ratings instead of stars, the amount of excite I have for this game is a lot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 12:17

Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 Mario-maker-stylus.900x

June 28th for this and if you preorder even digitally you get that stylus, which is going to help make those levels also sort of ties into the how rumoured Switch Lite coming in June is a handheld and this might be focussed more on handheld play.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:24

After dabbling with those types of stylus with my time playing through TWEWY on Switch, they really don't feel as precise as the stylus we're all used to on DS/3DS, so be prepared for that. Still, it's a freebie probably worth seven pounds, so I can't moan too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 22:25

JayMoyles wrote:
Still, it's a freebie probably worth seven pounds...

Those were the days... Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 23:07

I still cherish my completely shattered ice cube tray. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019 - 12:40

How can you not when there are shards embedded in your very flesh Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 9:42

Each twinge of pain is a reminder of the great magazine. It's the best way to enjoy a free gift, really.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 11:15

masofdas wrote:
Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 Mario-maker-stylus.900x

June 28th for this and if you preorder even digitally you get that stylus, which is going to help make those levels also sort of ties into the how rumoured Switch Lite coming in June is a handheld and this might be focussed more on handheld play.

Game of the year!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 20:55

I've already started writing down level ideas on my OneNote. Here's hoping I do more than 12 this time! I blame this on the amount of official ones I had to play through; that and the WiiU GamePad's shit battery life.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 19:47

Direct on this at 11. I'm crossing my fingers for a Nintendo-designed campaign to be included...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2019 - 21:14

Tbh it'd be a bit disappointing if they didn't since there hasn't been a new 2d Mario since NSMBU.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 10:43

Sounds great, now to wait for the 100 on Opencritic.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 18:52

I'm worried, lads. I'm worried that I might actually get this. I'm no Andy, but as someone who prefers to create outside videogames and likes some context (however vague) for his gaming, SMM1 left me cold. But you can do so much cool stuff in this. Combined with the story mode (probably not quite what Jas and I were hoping for but it might still be good) and... I might get this day one. Pale
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 18:55

Yeah, I own Super Mario Maker and while I enjoyed it, I never really got totally invested. This, however, with the story mode and online multiplayer in particular, looks pretty bangin' - I could be convinced.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 20:41

I am beyond convinced of this game, it's literally a god tier piece of software at this point and I will play the absolute heck out of it. I'm very very excited for this Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 20:47

I think I have to calm it a wee bit on the buying games front (got tonnes to play on both switch/ps4) & as much as I think this look superb it might be one to get at a later date.

Balla wrote:
Combined with the story mode (probably not quite what Jas and I were hoping for but it might still be good) and... I might get this day one.

If the story mode can keep me playing it for about 5 to 8 hours I'll be fine with it, and I'm actually excited to see what levels they come up with the SMM2 tools.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 May 2019 - 23:53

As I'm not one for making my own levels or content in these sorts of games, I must admit SMM2 wasn't on my radar at all. That's totally changed after that Direct - my mind was racing thinking about how the tools they've given players can be used and I wasn't just thinking about playing other players levels but even making my own. It looks ace. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 May 2019 - 21:10

They've exceeded my expectations with that direct, I was always day one anyway because I liked the first one a lot and I didn't really do much creating either, I just enjoyed playing through all the community levels. Based on that and all the new features in this I'd say there's plenty there for those that don't wanna create.

I kinda feel like they've made NSMB Switch a bit redundant with this, makes the re-release that bit more weird given it was only a few months ago. What do we reckon the extra style next to 3D World will be? I'm gonna go for Oddysey.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2019 - 12:30

Whereas I think I need that extra setting, that extra context, to the one-player, even if it's just 'Bowser's kidnapped Peach again', or even less than that: 'We the developers think these levels go well together.' I need that story mode, basically!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May 2019 - 10:18

Balladeer wrote:
Whereas I think I need that extra setting, that extra context, to the one-player, even if it's just 'Bowser's kidnapped Peach again', or even less than that: 'We the developers think these levels go well together.'  I need that story mode, basically!
You know this is a Mario game, right? Laughing

Yeah, very excited for this now. Although I'm actually worried that there's too much choice now - I'm really worried about my lack of imagination as it is!

I would like the extra space to be... Zelda
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptySun 19 May 2019 - 20:28

Not sure I follow, Jim. Eh? Your average Mario game may not have much of a story, but they do have that context!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 12:48

Always nice to have more Mario. I never played the original so I'm looking forward to this. Had a great time with Odyssey and while this is obviously a totally different ball game, I don't think I've had a 2-D Mario since the DS days.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:07

I can't decide if I'd rather buy this on day one and be "part of the conversation" or wait and buy it when there's loads of content.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 2:44

I downloaded it ready to go.. Which was a mistake as it is one thing I am excited for as I loved making courses on the Wii U / 3DS version (3ds more so).

Hell when I've been bored enough I've been designing courses already
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 20:12

You've put your name in the hat now, I'll expect at least a level a week to play.

Jimbob wrote:

I would like the extra space to be... Zelda

That crossed my mind too, would be pretty neat although I'd worry every created level would involve too much Zelda that it takes over, like when people genuinely voted Hyrul e Circuit as the best Mario Kart 8 track. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker 2   Super Mario Maker 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Maker 2
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next