We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!

Go down 
+10
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Athrun888
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 13:12

Balladeer wrote:
It's good fun, but it does feel slow and old to me. No dash (or roll or whatever) option for a start.

Keep playing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Sep 2019 - 20:48

I've picked up my copy - oddly, it came with a cleaning cloth with the game's box art emblazoned upon it. Not complaining, but it was an odd freebie beyond the usual poster/stickers/pins that you tend to get with preorders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 22:06

I got a little plastic Link keychain. It's very cute and went straight onto my house keys.

So am I the only person playing this? Zelda games usually get a bit more fanfare than this one has! It's very cute. The Game Boy roots are all but drowned underneath the adorable art style, although the frame rate does occasionally chug a little. I'm currently searching for the third dungeon and am onto my third series cameo.

Shy Guys as enemies in Zelda is genius by the way. Love
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 22:19

I think I'm on the 4th dungeon, not much to say on this Balla that hasn't been said already.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 26 Sep 2019 - 22:22

I still think it'd be interesting to read what you found interesting, Mas. Any favourite moments, top tunes, irritations (bar the frame rate which irritates us all)? Alternatively just reel off a list of negatives and wait for OR's response. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 1:34

With all my uni stuff going on (oh yeah I'm a uni student now even at my age) I have only made it to the second dungeon as of last night, which is fine as I have a bit of time off after today to get through a few games.
But I am liking it, the few chances I have had to run around has been just me getting hear pieces and bottles etc
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 5:08

Balladeer wrote:
I still think it'd be interesting to read what you found interesting, Mas.  Any favourite moments, top tunes, irritations (bar the frame rate which irritates us all)?  Alternatively just reel off a list of negatives and wait for OR's response. Winky Face

Might be a shock as I'm Mr Buy Everything on Xbox One X and just had a chat about FPS with Smurf on Control but I've not found it to be a issue.

I think it's the view point of the game and genre compared to Control.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 19:54

Indeed, colour me faintly surprised! And pleased, to be fair.

shanks wrote:
...which is fine as I have a bit of time off after today to get through a few games.

Good thing too, there are more than a few grand games out right now!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 20:29

I've now done the 4th dungeon, Dream Shrine and Colour Dungeon tonight.

I'll likely finish tomorrow or Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 21:38

I've only done 2 dungeons and not through lack of trying, the last couple of times I've played I've searched around aimlessly trying to figure out where to go and what to do next, this is definitely a remake of an old game. I want to avoid using a guide but it's looking more likely that I'll have to.

Enjoying it a lot anyway, feels like Zelda but the Mario enemies are quite fun too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 19:48

I had to use a guide when I played LA:DX on 3DS, for what it's worth.

I've barely dipped my toes into this one beyond taking down the first dungeon and spending ages messing about with the crane game (which joker thought it'd be funny to incorporate physics in the crane game?!) but it's a good 'un thus far. It's not going to be blowing me away like with BotW but it's guaranteed to be excellent for the majority of the adventure. I will say that I did find the framerate drops when wandering around the village to be noticeably offputting, but it's nothing game breaking at least.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:11

Everyone keeps mentioning the frame rate which I did notice very early on but it's either not been a problem since the start or I adjusted to it really quick. Same with the weird blurring on the edge of the screen, annoying at first but pretty much unnoticeable soon after.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:27

Not going to finish today as I thought, I would have done the 7th dungeon but I forgot to get the key and now got to go back and get that. Sure the map is small, just I'd already dome two dungeons today and sort of want to keep it going as this has been the first new Zelda that I've liked since Skyward Sword Suspect

I'm with you Smurf as I said above we talked about Control recently and that is borderline breaking the game, where I really can't see the issue with this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 19:20

JayMoyles wrote:
I've barely dipped my toes into this one beyond taking down the first dungeon and spending ages messing about with the crane game (which joker thought it'd be funny to incorporate physics in the crane game?!)...

If you don't spend at least half an hour on the Crane Game at the start, are you even a real person?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 22:54

masofdas wrote:

I'm with you Smurf as I said above we talked about Control recently and that is borderline breaking the game, where I really can't see the issue with this.

It's been fine in the areas I've been exploring now - just beat the third dungeon - but a quick spell in handheld mode and a return to Mabe Village really didn't put the game in a good light performance wise. The vaseline smear around the edge of the screen and a choppy framerate had my head hurting in short order and I had to stop playing until I got home to fire it into docked mode. Even then, it still chugged. I don't know why it's just around Mabe Village - the rest of the game has been fine.

The cameos are great in this, aren't they? Stuff like Dr. Wright and Prince Richard didn't land with me playing LA:DX, but seeing them in 3D made it easier to recognise the reference.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 23:05

I've not played in handheld or really plan to, that I can only comment on how I've played.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 23:12

Like I said, I've noticed the same issues in Mabe Village whilst playing docked. It's not a massive issue - it just means I'm going to try to avoid the village wherever possible for the sake of not getting a headache. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 23:19

You'd be getting a migraine from Control then
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Oct 2019 - 15:54

I'm finally on this. I really don't remember the original well at all, so have stumbled a bit from dungeon to dungeon (took me a while to remember where dungeon 3 was, but eventually I discovered what to do next; keep a-wanderin' is my advice).

I will admit I did notice a bit of a chug entering and exiting the village - of course I feel duty-bound to say that "it doesn't have any impact on gameplay at all you big babies". I will say that this game is absolutely adorable, and the comic style they've applied to the simplistic GameBoy pixels is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 11:34

Love seeing you all enjoying this!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 22:59

Jimbob wrote:
of course I feel duty-bound to say that "it doesn't have any impact on gameplay at all you big babies".

No, no, of course not - I just wish the beginning of the game wasn't so headachey for me. It's been fine since I've reached the later parts of the game.

Anyone dabbled with Dampe's dungeons yet? It doesn't seem to have the same creative loop as the likes of Super Mario Maker, which I suppose is a by-product of relying on premade rooms and slotting them together as opposed to intricately creating each room yourselves. They missed a trick not being able to share them online with your mates too.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Oct 2019 - 10:20

Yes I finished all of the challenges and have made a couple of dungeons in the free create mode. It's obviously limited and the puzzles were never puzzling, but I do like the mode (seemingly more than most).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 22:23

JayMoyles wrote:
Anyone dabbled with Dampe's dungeons yet?

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Yes

You could and should have answered that one yourself Jay. Naughty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:07

Laughing

I mean, I knew OR would have done.

Got the flippers - the world is opening up now for me. I'm enjoying having shorter play sessions of this. It's a nice contrast to the whopper sessions I spent on BotW.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 15:09

I love that the flippers actually get equipped. They look so dumb it's great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!   The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - now in stop-motion!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next