We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Rum
Balladeer
Treesmurf
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues Empty
PostSubject: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySat 23 Mar 2019 - 11:40

Retail Games

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues D1pklzbuyaab0la-1552597012

Spoiler:

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySat 23 Mar 2019 - 12:32

Probably no physical releases for me, Days Gone hasn't grabbed my interest too much so that's one I'll wait to play, I'd quite like to try Labo VR but I know it'll barely get used so I'll wait for that too.

eShop will see a lot of business from me though, Cuphead and BoxBoy are definites, I'm tempted to double dip with Phoenix Wright on the Switch but the £30 price tag stops that. Dragon's Dogma and Katana Zero are both big maybe too. Might buy my first Amiibo in a while with Young Link too, don't think I'm collecting them all anymore but I'd like all the Zelda ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySat 23 Mar 2019 - 14:49

JayMoyles wrote:
FINISH THEM! Thanos wins. Fatality.

masofdas wrote:

'...and welcome back to Britain's Worst Choices! Before the break we introduced you to number 2: Brexit. But now, the moment you've all been waiting for. In the number one spot...'

As for this month, maybe FFX at retail? Should probably give FFIX a bit more of a go, but the fact that it's an HD remake might endear it to me more. From the eShop I'll consider Cuphead and maybe Katana Zero, depending on how masochistic I am.

Will probably go see Endgame too. Incidentally I didn't know Cap was going to die until this forum started stating it as fact. If it happens I'm going to be DAMN YOU! with you all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySat 23 Mar 2019 - 15:55

FFX isn't a remake, it's a remaster and very much a PS2 game, went back to it on PS4/VITA and personally don't think it holds up.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySat 23 Mar 2019 - 20:48

I'd agree with mas, I wasn't blown away by FFX, though I might have been if I'd played it when it came out. I bought it on PS4 and got close to the end, but it gets very grindy. It's not a bad game, but when there were other RPGs to commit my time to (Tales of Berseria, Ni No Kuni II, Ys VIII) it just didn't seem worth it. Also - potentially controversial - I thought the plot was stupid. Very contrived.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 20:54

I think I'm getting Dragon's Dogma. Time to be confused!

If I was going to get one of those Final Fantasies (this is not a confirmation this will happen) which is the one I should get? It sounds like IX is a better bet than X; but XII though? I know too much about VII.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 24 Mar 2019 - 21:40

I can pretty much tell you nothing about XII part from its got a MMO-like combat system and I never see it talked about, in any regard.

Also for the same price you'd get X and X-2, that I do know (like Jay) some really like it. Personally I'd sooner play VII or IX, maybe even VIII at a push.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 10:15

I'm looking forward to Days Gone, seems to have turned around from initial underwhelming appearances
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 11:30

masofdas wrote:
FFX isn't a remake, it's a remaster and very much a PS2 game, went back to it on PS4/VITA and personally don't think it holds up.

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'd agree with mas, I wasn't blown away by FFX, though I might have been if I'd played it when it came out. I bought it on PS4 and got close to the end, but it gets very grindy. It's not a bad game, but when there were other RPGs to commit my time to (Tales of Berseria, Ni No Kuni II, Ys VIII) it just didn't seem worth it. Also - potentially controversial - I thought the plot was stupid. Very contrived.

That's me put off then! The Lady also slagged off the amount of grinding near the end, to the point where she never finished it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 11:44

But... blitzball :'(

Then again if you don't like turn based strategy or sports games, that's probably not a selling point Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 11:58

Good choice, Mas, great thread title.

Just Avengers to be excited about for me. I'll pick up mortal kombat if I see it cheap, and I hope far comes to switch eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 25 Mar 2019 - 16:55

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Rum Rapture wrote:

That's me put off then!  The Lady also slagged off the amount of grinding near the end, to the point where she never finished it.

I'm going to counterpoint with the fact that I didn't need to grind at all until postgame for the superbosses - so long as you're not running from battles all the time, battles can be won with some solid strategies. The levelling up system is the best in the series in my view. Plus, it's one of the few modern FF games without the ATB system which if I recall you've said you don't like. I'd say go for it.

The plot is a bit silly though and Tidus is rather annoying, but that's JRPGs for you!

For me, I'll be getting MK11. Dragon's Dogma might see a look too. Days Gone will be one for a sale, I reckon.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyTue 26 Mar 2019 - 19:47

So's Zidane to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 0:29

Oooh yeah, I forgot about Dragons Dogma. That's definitely on the list.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyWed 27 Mar 2019 - 19:01

Nothing of real interest for me so it'll likely just be a few eShop games for me in April, I've honestly got plenty of games that could last me the rest of the year if not more.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 13:37

Gonna chime in on FFX and reiterate that it's not all it's cracked up to be.  Good chemistry between the two leads, and it's one of the better turn based battle systems with a neat way of handling turns that requires some strategy in how you fight, but otherwise it's a pretty average game.  Never did finish it, got to a boss fight that the stats clearly weren't able to be useful for and couldn't be arsed to grind, because hoo boy is grinding tedious in that game (and this is coming from someone who plays a lot of mobage games where the grind is basically most of the game).  

Conversely I actually really liked FFX-2. Despite its flaws I actually liked the lighter tone which made the nonsense a lot easier to swallow, and the battle system was a ton of fun, one of the only times the ATB was actually good.

Anyway going to see Endgame obviously.  Other than that another nothing month, still saving for that thing and slowly making my way through my large PS4 jrpg backlog.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 18:47

Athrun888 wrote:
Other than that another nothing month, still saving for that thing...

Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues Giphy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 20:07

So 9 or 12 then. BUT WHICH? Sorry I hijacked the thread
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptySun 31 Mar 2019 - 20:23

Jimbob wrote:

IX is the best mainline Final Fantasy and more than half the price of XII.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 19:08

Jimbob wrote:

III. Or X. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 19:35

III's a belter to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyMon 1 Apr 2019 - 23:58

Ah, but do you mean III or III (VI)?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 0:28

This isn't making Jimbob's Final Fantasy dilemma any easier, is it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 13:10

XV Pocket Edition also Jim you didn't high-jack the thread that's the point of the thread to ask and talking about upcoming games.

IX is still the correct answer in general just not on Switch
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 20:53

Drunkalilly wrote:
Ah, but do you mean III or III (VI)?

Either/or to be honest, but I'm a III/III and a IV/II man. Completely comprehensible. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues   Its April, Captain America's Gonna Die, Save All Your Money For Tissues Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next