We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E3 2019 is crossing our minds

Go down 
+7
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Balladeer
Athrun888
JayMoyles
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 15:12

Best Port/Remaster: Mana collection has my attention, but I'm going to give it to Dragon Quest XI

Best Multi-plat: Tales of Arise, c'mon this game is looking like the next-gen JRPG we were hankering for.  Also thank f*** the series lives, the lack of news from it the last year or so had me worried.  

Best PS4 exclusive: Umm, hmm, can't actually think of any besides FFVIIR, so guess that wins by default.

Best Switch exclusive: I want to say BotWS, but on games actually coming soon it's gotta be Astral Chain.

Most lacklustre showing: Star Wars Fallen Order.  Wait, come back, I promise this has nothing to do with the movies! The gameplay looked soooooo sluuuuugish.  When you tell me you're making a Jedi adventure game with AAA production values I expect a slick game that makes me feel like a god tier Jedi doing all the crazy s*** they can do.  This?  Underwhelming is the word.  Astral Chain looks more in line with what I wanted in terms of fluidity and pace.  If anything the demo reminded me of how annoying games that try to push "realistic" detail in every single motion the players avatar does can be, because it can often come at the expense of satisfying movement.

Best Conference: Gotta be Nintendo hasn't it?  Knockout after knockout, even if I wasn't already in the middle of getting a Switch this year would've sealed the deal.  There are just so many amazing games on the way both in the immediate future and down the line (dat creepy Zelda trailer).  

Best Game: Tie between Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina.  Both hit my weakspots, one being a god tier mecha game, the other being Platinum at their best.  

General thoughts: I actually liked this years E3 more than most in recent memory.  There was less fluff and a lot of games on the horizon that look really promising or good.  It wasn't all good of course, FFVIIR looks set to continue the spectacle-over-substance problems of modern Final Fantasy, and the lack of a date for Zelda means it could be three or more years away.  But overall it was a decent time, and the next year or so looks set to be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 19:21

Ori should get everybody's favourite MS exclusive, again. That game looks lovely. Unless you're a big fan of Psychonauts, which I think is Jim and only Jim.

I'd agree with Athers on his views on E3, but my view is unreasonably skewed by the Nontendo shows being background noise. I also get the impression that UbiSoft, who usually have a good showing, had a bit of a stinker, which may colour some views.

Incidentally I had Fuck Knows for my PC exclusive of choice too.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 2:32

masofdas wrote:

A few things here the PS5 is going to be backwards compatible with PS4 at least as that's been confirmed by Mark Cerny, if they somehow get PS1-3 playable as well that be insane.

Ah, good to know! I wasn't even worried about PS3 being backwards compatible, but having my somewhat sizeable PS4 library being made functionally useless with PS5 would have had me hopping over to Xbox who seem to have that shit on lock.

Balladeer wrote:
Ori should get everybody's favourite MS exclusive, again.  That game looks lovely.

Ah, I forgot about Ori. That'll do nicely for the MS exclusive award.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 4:52

I'll never understand the fascination people have with backwards compatibility. Being able to save on space is neat, but it's not like the old consoles spontaneously combust upon the release of the next gen or anything. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 9:35

Well, I one will trade in my Xbox One X/PS4 Pro for a Scarlett/PS5. Only till now with Xbox One, I've really cared about it and I feel the difference being is how MS have done it be adding new games in the same way if you Nintendo had a VC and adding a game you may have played getting a spotlight.

Does make me go I'll check out that out again.

I don't see us getting PS1-3 on PS5 but like I said would be insane if they were playable as that's something that would be a big selling feature.

I started the first Ori last night and dam looks good, I hope the rumoured Switch port happens and Psychonauts 2 isn't an Xbox Exclusive as MS aren't Ys Net
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2019 - 23:20

Athrun888 wrote:
I'll never understand the fascination people have with backwards compatibility.  Being able to save on space is neat, but it's not like the old consoles spontaneously combust upon the release of the next gen or anything.  Meh

It's both for space, like you said, but there's more than that. I've only got so much space in front of my TV and I don't have room for multiple consoles. I don't think I could be arsed getting out old consoles to play old games, so having them readily available on the shiny new machine is a big factor.

What's more, a lot of older titles end up getting some form of performance boost from being played on the newer machine as evidenced with how some 360 games play on One X, so that's a big plus for backwards compatibility.

Companies committing to backwards compatibility means my games library I've built on PS4 isn't as likely to go kaput one day if it's transferable forwards to later generations. And mercifully, that might stop the deluge of cross-gen ports we got going from PS3/360 to PS4/ONE. You've seen what happened with the move from Wii U to Switch, although that had the added bonus of getting people to actually play these games after the piss-poor sales figures of the Wii U in comparison to Switch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 EmptySat 15 Jun 2019 - 11:03

I can think of a few games already from what people have said at E3 will be cross-gen, the thing is I'm not against anything getting a remaster for Scarlett/PS5 as you bring up about Wii U no one played those games and people now have the opportunity to do so or famously when Last of Us came to PS4 where only 50% owned a PS3.

Now with both consoles being backwards compatible if you bought a Scarlett you could just sub to Game Pass and play Sunset, Gears or Forza and Drunka if he bought a PS5 could just buy a used copy of Bloodborne or God of War.

Just I look at the Wii U, Kinect and further back with Virtual Boy there will be games that are lost to time even this month Minecraft Story Mode will be no more, that just putting a PS4 disc in a PS5 is great but not just having a shinier version come to PS5 it may help preserve the game as well for the future, new audience etc.

I look at Alien it's just come to 4K and how that is on LaserDisc, Betamax, VHS, DVD, UMD, Blu Ray, Digital which has moved with the times not just to make it look better, new audience and preserve it like how Tokyo Olympics will be filmed in 8K and for me games along with all other mediums should be treated the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 2019 is crossing our minds   E3 2019 is crossing our minds - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

E3 2019 is crossing our minds
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4