We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cadence of Hyrule

Go down 
+5
masofdas
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 2:55

All hail the mighty flail.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 11:26

Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 Tenor
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2019 - 20:04

The flail is the big cheat - you tend to defeat baddies accidentally! I'd love to know more of the backstory of the Zoras in this one.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Jul 2019 - 20:52

Jimbob wrote:
The flail is the big cheat - you tend to defeat baddies accidentally! I'd love to know more of the backstory of the Zoras in this one.

Yeah it is a little bit. Thats another good thing about perma death runs though as it forces you to really learn enemy patterns as well as the strengths of all the weapon types.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Jul 2019 - 11:09

As a result of Bloodstained crashing on me a good distance away from a save point, I picked this up. It's... going to click at some point, isn't it, if I keep playing? It feels like a game where it takes a while to 'click' and then you're bounding around the map. Right now I'm just being killed by platoons of wolves, which means losing everything natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2019 - 23:36

Balladeer wrote:
As a result of Bloodstained crashing on me a good distance away from a save point, I picked this up.  It's... going to click at some point, isn't it, if I keep playing?  It feels like a game where it takes a while to 'click' and then you're bounding around the map.  Right now I'm just being killed by platoons of wolves, which means losing everything natch.

Correct. The first hour or so was rough going, but picking up the spear gave me a bit of a crutch and once I clocked how to properly play with the rhythm system and how the enemies worked, it became something special.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 1:27

Yep I also agree with what Jay has said there. Thumbs Up! also how are you liking the music so far, balla?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 8:08

I did talk myself into getting this from the last game I finished thread but Balla is making me second guess as I've got the rhythm of a dad at a wedding.

With it sounding like I've got to git gud, which is a tad muh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 18:06

The game actually gives a good bit of leeway in terms how you keep the rhythm plus there is also a fixed beat mode which reveals how it's more of a strategy game at it's heart.

Gaijin Hunter has a very good short video showing it off.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 19:20

The_Jaster wrote:
Yep I also agree with what Jay has said there. Thumbs Up! also how are you liking the music so far, balla?

I'm not that far in! I like what they've done with the overworld theme though.

masofdas wrote:
I did talk myself into getting this from the last game I finished thread but Balla is making me second guess as I've got the rhythm of a dad at a wedding.

It doesn't feel like you need to be terribly rhythmic actually: it's more about quick thought, is my impression.

The_Jaster wrote:
...it's more of a strategy game at it's heart.

Afraid
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 19:30

I know! Look at you playing a rouge like strategy game. Razz Joking aside I hope that comparison doesnt put you off it because it has a tonne of other elements to it as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 23:46

Balladeer wrote:

masofdas wrote:

It doesn't feel like you need to be terribly rhythmic actually: it's more about quick thought, is my impression.

Yeah, the game is pretty forgiving with your timing. And sometimes it's best not to move at all during a beat to avoid an enemy or to move them into a favourable position.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 18:28

This now has a demo on the eShop. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 19:08

I did see but got lot's to play, not sure I've got time even for a demo especially if I like it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug 2019 - 17:18

I have Crypt of the Necrodancer on PC but never had many successful runs.

I can see the appeal of a Zelda themed Switch version though so I might pick it up when it's on sale. I would like more things for my switch that I can hop in and out of quickly... or get hooked and sink hours into it. Shifty
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 20:00

Muss wrote:
I would like more things for my switch that I can hop in and out of quickly... or get hooked and sink hours into it. Shifty

I would say that CoH falls more into the latter bracket, to be honest. It doesn't have that roguelite hook to keep playing one more run after another. I found it to be a one and done experience, personally.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 20:51

I agree with what you're saying if all you want to do is the story mode but for me I felt I hadn't learned the game properly in that run at all, which is why I tried my hand at the perma death custom mode which definitely does have that roguelite hook of doing just one more run.

So, depending on the person the game can be both the things that muss mentioned.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 21:07

I'd say the reason I've not felt those roguelite hooks dig into me with CoH is that the mode you're describing is a side attraction as opposed to being the core gameplay loop like with Necrodancer. That's a good thing for this game, I feel. It's targeting a different audience.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 22:39

Aye that's fair & that reminds me I should probably give Necrodancer a go now as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2019 - 21:23

I had another go at this today. I got further, as in I actually figured out the direction I was meant to go in. I still feel like I'm very bad at this game, and I don't like the way that I lose all my cash and power-ups when I die and the absurd frequency at which this happens.

I don't think it helped that I picked Zelda. She feels like the 'expert' character.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2019 - 23:20

Link is definitely the easier character to use of the two, he has the better defensive option with his shield which can just be held to block as you move whereas Zelda's nayru's love has to be timed with the incoming attack but can reflect projectiles.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 21:55

I played through as Zelda - I loved the Din's Fire upgrade she eventually gets. Having a permanent bomb and one that could be directed towards enemies was a godsend for some battles.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Aug 2019 - 4:59

There is now a copy of this game in the house - albeit on Shen's Switch - and I watched her play a little of it. I'd like to have a bash, but my gaming schedule is looking pretty bloody full for the foreseeable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2019 - 21:42

You could genuinely rattle through it in a couple of sessions. Mind you, you're stuck in the grasps of FE:TH, so god help you...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2020 - 16:14

So excited for all of this new dlc & it getting a physical release. Bounce

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/cadence_of_hyrule_gets_3_dlc_packs_season_pass_and_a_physical_edition
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cadence of Hyrule   Cadence of Hyrule - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cadence of Hyrule
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next