We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What's eShopping about? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 21:05

Phogs caught my eye, although we've actually had a resurgence in interest in The Stretchers on the co-op front.  I'd imagine I'm the only one here who bought that.  It's actually pretty fun!  We just don't like the art style much, but I can see us getting more out of it as a co-op title than we did Snipperclips.

Also: with a big point & click fan in my flat, we'll be playing Sam & Max before long.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2020 - 22:51

I downloaded Sam & Max but yet to try it, general consensus is that it's a good remaster though.

I've gone off looking at Switch sales now as it just ends up joining the backlog for a long long time and with all these free games and a couple I've managed to win via twitter competitions in the last week, I'm still getting flooded with too many eShop games, what a lovely problem to have I guess. *Goes back to Animal Crossing*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptySat 5 Dec 2020 - 13:38

There's just so much as I had to look the other day to see like 600+ games on sale that's just to many

Like I know I don't use STEAM often but when there's a sale on that seems to show me games I might like based on what I've played/bought/wishlist etc

Something like that would be useful hey you've played Murder by Numbers, you might like Phoenix Wright which is on sale
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 12:17

I'd like a better filter as it gets a bit tedious seeing the same old 80p shit in the sales.

An algorithm could be nice but if we don't get better filters then I'd rather be able to scroll quickly down the pages. Feels like I'm always having to wait for the Switch to load in a picture of Bozo & the Easter Egg or Laserhorse before I can continue sifting through the bollocks.

I do think there's usually something nice on sale whenever I look though, so there's that at least.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 13:30

A Switch Pro could get through that eShop quicker
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2020 - 19:24

Muss wrote:
Bozo & the Easter Egg

This sounds like my kind of game. Something & The Something are the best sorts of games, everybody knows it. 

~

Highly recommend you give the Mad Rat Dead demo a go:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mad-Rat-Dead-1849849.html 

It's a rhythm platformer with a proper earworm soundtrack. It's a very generous demo too - well worth a shot. I'm going be buy it off the back of the demo, so it's done it's job there  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2020 - 19:53

masofdas wrote:
There's just so much as I had to look the other day to see like 600+ games on sale that's just to many

Oh God, I never try to browse through it, that'd be a nightmare! I just check my wishlist.

Mad Rat Dead doesn't look like my sort of thing so much... but Sam & Max does. We've just completed the first case and it's top pointing and clicking. Key to this is that Sam scampers around the not-too-huge environment at a decent rate. There are some good set-pieces too, and it's funny. Max is maybe a bit too much, but luckily Sam's there for him to bounce off. Early days still, but I'm liking it so far. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2020 - 23:19

Yeah but you use your Switch often that you'll likely have a up to date wishlist but for me or someone getting a Switch this Christmas where do you start?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2020 - 21:45

I knew about Sunless Sea a few years ago but figured it'd be one of those games that'd only be on PC but found out today that it's been out on Switch since April this year, it's also currently on sale for £8.99 at the minute. It might not be for everyone but I've recently been after games that are a bit different from the norm.

Here's a review: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/22/sunless-sea-zubmariner-edition-nintendo-switch-review-undersea-gothic-12595147/
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 8:54

Think I've had it on PS4 for a couple of years, never quite clicked with it unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 10:21

I started it a few times on PC but never got very far. I remember it being quite atmospheric and pretty decent, just one of those things that I dropped.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 17:30

Yeah it's mainly the atmospshere that has me interested in it, I think I'll buy it in the next day or two but it will probably go into about the middle of my current "to play" list.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 17:34

masofdas wrote:
A very odd and maybe only Buska can play as he might be able to read it but a game called Gnosia launched on the eShop in Japan last week.

Why I bring Gnosia up is it got 40/40 from Famitsu when it launched on VITA last year and won indie game of the year along with being called the Japanese Disco Elysium that it has a lot of praise but is only in Japanese.

I hope it gets translated at some point officially

Buskalilly wrote:
Mas, Im struggling to play Pokemon Green and read pre-school manga in Japanese 😂😂

In other news, earlier this week I finally got around to firing up Akane. I had assumed it was a story-based thing but its actually kind of a really fun, fast-paced score attack thing. Can highly recommend. Especially as its usually super cheap.

masofdas wrote:
I also wanted just to bring it to people's attention that if it does come out in English, you heard it here first that be worth checking out.

Balladeer wrote:
Mas is really just looking for an excuse to be FIRST like a YouTuber commenter. Razz

What do I get?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2020 - 17:50

Matthew Castle

EDIT:

Cyber Shadow finally has a release date.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 18:17

So, I was just browsing the eShop and I saw this really bad looking wrestling game called Wrestling Empire but there was no trailer so I google it and find probably one of the most bizarre teasers for a game I've seen.

Here it is:

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2020 - 21:44

At one point, I actually thought I was going to cry. That's beautiful.

I was happy to see Cyber Shadow, but no, Wrestling Empire is basically my Monster Hunter Rise at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 9:26

I'm at work right now but I'm suddenly very excited to get that watched while I use the bike at the gym tonight - no doubt it'll get me pumped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 19:53

Wow Wrestling Empire looks like a bonafide 10/10, surely they'll get in trouble with that trailer though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 19:41

Oh man, MDickie's wrestling games are something else. I've played a couple of them on PC and they are bonkers. Like, your CAW can literally die after you get booked in a flaming tables deathmatch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 22:42

Horace is currently just over a pound. I've just started it, but it feels... very odd. A combination of platformer, nostalgia shot, and literary fiction. Thus far I've played about three platforming mini-levels, played a game of Pong, and scrolled through roughly a MGS game's worth of cut-scenes. Time will tell if that all builds up to something a bit more consistent-feeling.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 22:47

For the price of literally nothing thanks to gold points I've just bought it to sit on my Switch unplayed for years.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2021 - 8:39

This looks quite good.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2021 - 11:47

Saw that on Youtube yesterday, I like the vibes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2021 - 12:06

Aye, it hits all those 80s nostalgia feelings for me.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2021 - 15:18

I bought Phogs with an e-shop voucher I got for Christmas the other day. It's pretty good; an infectiously merry game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: