We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020

Go down 
+9
gjones
JayMoyles
Muss
Jimbob
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:44

And Iceborne, which was effectively a MH game unto itself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 16:46

YEE BOI
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:13

As an outsider I can't see much reason to buy a PS5 over an XBox of some kind as things stand. Eventually, presumably, Sony will end up with the better exclusives, but right now neither seems to have a lot of great games flowing out the gates, and Microsoft seem to have nailed every other aspect. The balance shifts again...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 18:34

Interesting as this might just be me Xbox still lacks games over lets say next 12 months where PlayStation seems to have plenty that does make me think what's coming in 2022, 2023 and so on PS5

Why I brought up Switch as recently been slow in terms of first party but first year was game after game

Xbox does do everything else better though then PlayStation at the moment and think that will continue, why my Xbox is by far my most played system, why I could flog my PS4
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:12

I still feel like Microsoft has "won" from a value proposition. Games matter, but the pricing of some of those PS5 games is No They'd be that at the best of times but especially right now!

masofdas wrote:
Just seen reviews for the 3080 and seems very impressive (dread to think how well the 3090 will perform) that it's another option this holiday season, and you bring up MS where you can play all Xbox Game Studios games & sub to Game Pass PC that's another great thing with Xbox being more of I don't want say service, just along those lines.

Yeah the 3080 is great, it's effectively 1 resolution better than the last gen graphics cards with the same level of performance and it's cheaper. The 3090 will be incredible but there's no reason to buy it unless you have to have the most powerful system possible. All the founder's edition 3080's have sold out and are being scalped hard now though so I'll not be upgrading for a few months at least haha.

I think it's probably more likely that I get the ps5 one day, just because of the exclusives. Most Xbox stuff comes out on PC so I'm not sure that I need to pick one up if I do indeed ending building a new computer.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:24

Balladeer wrote:
As an outsider I can't see much reason to buy a PS5 over an XBox of some kind as things stand.  Eventually, presumably, Sony will end up with the better exclusives, but right now neither seems to have a lot of great games flowing out the gates, and Microsoft seem to have nailed every other aspect.  The balance shifts again...

It just feels like a weird transitional phase for both to me especially when there is a handful of games still releasing on the current consoles as well. The price point of the series S makes it really tempting but, and maybe I haven't looked into it well enough I still can't see a game that pushes me over the edge & making it a must buy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 20:24

Xbox oddly because of Age of Empires along with some games taking more time to come to console such as Flight Sim, Xbox Game Studios may actually put out more PC games but then they may publish an indie that is only on console

On the games on the consoles, they look like this

PS5
Astro's Playroom, Pre-Installed on PS5
Bugsnax, also on PS4
Deathloop, also on PC
Demon's Souls
Destruction AllStars (How is this £70 and not on PS4)
Final Fantasy XVI, also on PC
Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach, also on PS4 & PC
Ghostwire: Tokyo, also on PC
Godfall, also on PC
God of War: Ragnarök
Goodbye Volcano High, also on PS4 & PC
Gran Turismo 7
Horizon Forbidden West, also on PS4
Jett: The Far Shore, also on PS4
Kena: Bridge of Spirits, also on PS4 & PC
Maquette, also on PS4 & PC
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, also on PS4
Nour: Play With Your Food
Oddworld: Soulstorm, also on PS4 & PC
The Pathless, also on PS4 & PC & iOS
Project Athia, also on PC
Quantum Error, also on PS4 & PC
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Returnal
Sackboy: A Big Adventure, also on PS4
Solar Ash, also on PS4 & PC
Stray, also on PS4 & PC

I think most of those are 2020-2021 games, something like Project Athia clearly isn't but a lot will be out in first year

Xbox Series
12 Minutes, also on ONE & PC
The Ascent, also on ONE & PC
As Dusk Falls, also on ONE & PC in Game Pass
Avowed, also on PC in Game Pass
Bright Memory: Infinite, also on ONE & PC
Call of the Sea, also on ONE & PC in Game Pass
CrossfireX, also on ONE & PC
Everwild, also on PC in Game Pass
Exomecha, also on ONE & PC
Fable, also on PC in Game Pass
The Falconeer, also on ONE & PC
Forza Motorsport, also on PC in Game Pass
Gears Tactics, also on ONE & PC in Game Pass
The Gunk, also on ONE & PC
Halo Infinite, also on ONE & PC in Game Pass
The Medium, also on PC in Game Pass
Microsoft Flight Simulator, also on PC in Game Pass
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis, also on ONE & PC
Scorn, also on PC in Game Pass
Second Extinction, also on ONE & PC
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, also on PC in Game Pass
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, also on PC
State of Decay 3, also on PC in Game Pass
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, also on PC

I feel a lot of the Xbox games that aren't also on Xbox One from Xbox themselves are late 2021 and beyond. Now also remember I've not included likes of Gears 5 or Forza Horizon 4 which will get updates on the Series consoles and there will be games like Dragon Quest XI which is coming to Xbox One this December as part of Game Pass that you could play via Backwards Compatibility which adds to the value aspect.

Bunch on both sides are timed exclusives and also got things like Resident Evil Village, Pragmata, Suicide Squad which are only on Next Gen & PC

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 18 Sep 2020 - 10:28; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More games)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 22:12

Cheers for the list but rather than me going through the entire thing and looking them up is there anything in there that you would think is up my street? (apart from the obvious ones, natch)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 22:33

PS5 think most are of a decent quality, and you're going to know if you want a shooter like Returnal or even try XVI because looks very Western RPG or the sequel to God of War (2018)

Xbox I'm less sure, I know I'm super keen for The Medium as looks like a proper good horror game along with looking next gen, but it comes back to Game Pass as you might go look at a trailer for As Dusk Falls which certainly doesn't look like a Jas game to me but what would you lose in trying it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 13:10

masofdas wrote:
even try XVI because looks very Western RPG or the sequel to God of War (2018)

The combat actually looks a lot like a Bayonetta or Devil May Cry game. I think I read that Square Enix poached the lead combat designer from DMC V for FFXVI, so that's interesting indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 13:15

Yeah also main guy behind it prefers western style apprantly, I got some Dragon Dogma vibes
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 16:30

Mas wrote:
Xbox I'm less sure, I know I'm super keen for The Medium as looks like a proper good horror game along with looking next gen, but it comes back to Game Pass as you might go look at a trailer for As Dusk Falls which certainly doesn't look like a Jas game to me but what would you lose in trying it

£250 Laughing

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 16:51

Well there's that but I'm pretty sure you've missed all of Xbox this gen, which brings me back to Game Pass and likes of Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4, RARE Replay, Quantum Break etc

Why I sort think depending what you want out of Xbox as a ecosystem that Series S is a excellent second system even for someone like Balla as its so cheap and you'd never have to buy a game
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 17:41

I want a game or two that will blow my tits off to go alongside that great console price and game pass service.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 18:27

Don't think we're getting that to Halo Infinite (might be even after that with a Fable) really, maybe The Medium from tech point of view unless you want Assassin's Creed Valhalla to look best it can on console (then you'd have to look at Series X)

Forza Horizon 4 would still be wonderful but then could you just get an Xbox One for that
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 10:14

I just look at that list and think, if you're willing to build or buy a pc and don't mind the additional inconveniences that come with pc gaming, then why would you buy a console?

You don't even need the new gen graphics cards, you could still run a gtx 1080 or 1080ti or something and be fine at medium settings at 1080p most likely. We'll see what happens with things like cyberpunk and its min requirements but still, I imagine it'll be perfectly playable.

PC notwithstanding, as always the smArt money is on waiting for enough games to come out that you really want on either system. There's not enough for me just yet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 10:29

Cyberpunk min is the 1060, I believe

Personally always been console and even having a gaming laptop now. I much prefer the just plug in and go also knowing that in 7 years time the PS5 will still play the games out, also exclusives as personally now believe Sony has the best ones and out of the list I'll be getting almost everyone of them from Sony along with a few of the 3rd party ones like Final Fantasy.

And I know I'm tad different circumstances but selling my PS4 and bits for £750 pays for PS5 easily that almost like a straight swap.

Xbox I do sort agree about PC options but it's down to convince, UI etc of the console that I'm used to

Why this gen both sold what 160m combined people like console gaming still
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020 - 20:34

Well Sony are Sony'ing as been picked up this week due to Yakuza 7 but actually been announced before by three other games that some games you won't be able to move your save files over meaning you'll have to start from scratch.

The game with the most info is Maneater which has a free upgrade on both PlayStation and Xbox:

On Xbox you just upgrade, can continue your save etc and can continue going for that 1000G

Where on PlayStation you do get a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 but the PS5 version of Maneater is its own game that it does have a new trophy list for instance but because of this doesn't allow saves to be moved over.

The other three games where this is also the case is Dirt 5 but that might change, Yakuza 7 and Spider-Man Remaster which is a £20 add on to Miles Morales unless you buy the Ultimate Edition of Miles.

However, Avengers you can transfer your data and can do the same it seems with Miles Morales and SackBoy from PS4 to PS5 but from what I gather they will have a shared trophy list.

I don't have a PS4 that for me this isn't much of an issue but take Yakuza 7 the PS5 version is March 2021 but PS4 version is Nov 2020 that very well could be a game I buy and would have to start again then of course there's Cyberpunk 2077 like that will have expansions and a next gen upgrade in 2021 so do I buy the PS4 version play on my PS5 (Does have PS5 enhancements from day on that I'm thinking it might be fine as it knows it's running on a PS5) and hope I can continue my game?

Now on Xbox for most cases seem to be all one game but there is one exception that's NBA 2K21 (I think COD will be the same) which is its own Series game where you can only transfer My Team over nothing else, this is the same on PlayStation.  Maybe stuff like Control Ultimate Edition or FIFA stuff that are more like paid upgrades may even have save issues on Xbox but that is unknown at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 15:38

Don't have much to say about any of that, sorry Mas.

I just took a good look at the PS5 and I'm blown away by how unsightly the whole thing is. It's all subjective of course but to me it looks like 2 white layers of badly warped plastic sandwiched over a cheap looking computer case with a disc drive poking out. Yuck. It's not like I can spot any functional benefit to the way it looks either.

No doubt the way the new machines look has been brought up before but seeing the PS5 trending over twitter was like, holy macaroni batman.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 18:04

It's a odd one as I'm sure Cerny made to look like it fit in 2027 etc but by then be a slim etc

But really could look Boris Johnson as long as it played God of War II same with Xbox as long as Fable works on it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 1:59

I'm not sure I agree, Mas. It's supposed to sit in the living room, in which I'll have guests over, some of whom's disk drives I would like to insert if you know what I mean, and that thing would make me look like some kind of mental.

I mean, my apartment is already full of dinosaurs and robots and that, so its moot, but if I was going for a different kind of cool vibe . . . I can imagine not wanting that thing in my house, whereas most other machines are much less imposing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 9:23

Think again from what Cerny said for future looking and one write up I read yesterday they could see it matching in with a IKEA range.

Don't know if that is a cool vibe or not though.

And is it more accepted you'll have games console in the living room (gaming is the biggest entertainment medium) which sure at the most part has been a black box but analyst already (don't know why) PS5 will do like 200m that's a lot of homes it be in.

Edit a modern couples apartment
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 20201010

Now photoshop a PS5 in
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 12:17

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 Oh_dea10

Oh dear, just look at Iron Man's disapproving glare.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 12:20

Applause

I actually think that the PS5, from a pure design perspective, looks pretty good!  Full futuristic monument look.  The size on the other hand is... well, it’s a chunky lad isn’t it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 12:33

Its size is certainly the most striking thing about it. If it was a smaller package I suppose I could possibly see it having a sort of futuristic charm. I still wouldn't consider it a looker personally but its gargantuan proportions definitely don't help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020   PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next