We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions

Go down 
+3
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   Empty
PostSubject: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySat 28 Dec 2019 - 23:53

Whilst I wait for the washing machine to finish, I've decided to do my 2020 gaming predictions and I hope you join in as well

Nintendo
1 Breath of the Wild 2 will launch in November, this will be what Nintendo uses to counteract the two new consoles
2 Animal Crossing Special Edition Switch Lite will release
3 Metroid Prime HD Trilogy will release, Keep everyone excited for Prime 4 in 2021
4 Super Mario Sunshine something is announced
5 Nier Automata is ported to Switch, I feel it for some reason
6 A Musou using a Nintendo IP is released
7 New Warioware  
8 Switch passes 50m
9 Vanquish doesn't come to Switch, Makes no sense why it wouldn't as it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One
10 Shin Megami Tensei V comes out  

PlayStation
1 PS4 passes 120m
2 PS5 to launch in November
3 PS5 will cost £399.99
4 A new IP from Guerrilla is a PS5 launch game
5 Uncharted Something is announced, This be from the other San Diego team or Visual something
6 Bluepoint's next game comes out in 2020, I hope it's Legend of Dragoon but it be Demon's Souls
7 Kojima shows a trailer, This might sound a tad mad but work has begun on the next thing
8 PSNOW is included with Plus in some sort of version like Game Pass Ultimate
9 PS5 is only backwards compatible with PS4 and PSVR
10 Manchester Studio do something

Xbox
1 Xbox Series X to launch in November
2 Xbox Series X will cost £399.99
3 Forza Motorsport 8 comes out November, I hope so I picked in Fantasy League
4 Sea of Thieves to get a Series X launch event, same will happen with a bunch of games
5 Everwild comes out November, I feel this was shown real early not to be out soon especially before Hellblade II and stuff not shown
6 The Initiative show something
7 Fable 4/reboot from Playground is shown
8 Some sort of Japanese exclusive, I'm not really sure what bt ho Spencer has been talking and yakuza coming to Xbox could be something to come
9 An old IP returns and I don't mean Fable, I'm talking Banjo or Perfect Dark that sort of thing
10 Cyberpunk 2077 comes to Game Pass at some point, Might sound a tad crazy and doubt it be day one but like October just before the Series X in November to keep Xbox One owners happy

Other
1 Assassin's Creed based around Vikings is announced
2 Titanfall 3 is announced
3 Final Fantasy XVI is shown, I feel this might be at Xbox during E3
4 New Sonic game
5 Crash 4 is announced, Even though it's not the 4th Crash game it will be marketed as if it is
6 Amazon announce some sort of gaming platform
7 Dino Crisis Remake is announced in the RE engine
8 Half-Life Alyx is the best selling VR game ever on STEAM
9 WoW Classic gets The Burning Crusade
10 Atari VCS doesn't come out
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 29 Dec 2019 - 18:23

Well, I royally blew it in 2019's Predictions, so here we go!

Nintendo

1) BotW 2 - Winter release. I agree with Mas on this one, hence why I picked it in the Fantasy League.

2) A new Mario Sports game will be revealed.

3) We'll see gameplay footage of Metroid Prime 4 at E3 buuuut...

4) The game will not release in 2020 with only a rough timescale of 2021 being given.

5) Animal Crossing: New Horizons will do nicely for itself critically with an 85+ score on Opencritic.

6) We shall see a new game with Donkey Kong in a starring role.

7) A Pikmin game will be released on Switch - likely a remaster.

Cool We will not see the Switch Pro this year.

9) The Pokémon game in 2020 will be an enhanced version of Sword/Shield.

10) Yakuza will make its way to Switch.

Sony

1) Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be unveiled this year.

2) The PS5 will launch at £399

3) FFVII:R will be a 90+ game on Opencritic.

4) Ghost of Tsushima won't review as well as we hope with an 80-85 score on Opencritic.

5) An old PS1 game or franchise will be revived - double points if it's Legend of Dragoon.

Microsoft

1) Xbox Series X will be more expensive than the PS5 at launch, retailing at £429.99 buuuut...

2) It'll come with 6 months free Game Pass subscription.

3) Halo Infinite will be good, but not great. 80-85 score on Opencritic.

4) Hellblade 2 does not release in 2020.

5) We'll see a digital only edition of the new Xbox and it'll be called the Series S.

Others

1) Elden Ring will not release in 2020.

2) Cyberpunk 2077 will win in nearly all of the categories it is nominated in at next year's Game Awards.

3) We'll see another big celebrity cameo/role in a game revealed this year much like Keanu in 2019.

4) No Assassin's Creed game released this year, although we will see it shown off.

5) And lastly Mother 3... will not be released in the West. Aww!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 8:16

After a thoroughly adequate year last year, I have high hopes for this coming year, which I know very little about.  I haven't seen other people's predictions while making my own.

NINTENDO

1. Another slow start to the year from Ninty, and another belting second half.  These will be measured purely on how I feel about them. Tongue
  2. E3 is going to wither in importance, for Nintendo as well as everyone else.  This year's belter won't be announced at their E3 Direct.
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons lands in the 85-89 range on Metacritic.  Quite a narrow range, so I'll give myself half a point for two percentage points either way.
  4. No More Heroes 3 to release in the latter half of this year and be pretty good, getting sur-80 on Metacritic.  It had better, my Fantasy League position depends on it...
  5. We'll see another core Mario game, either 2D or 3D, releasing this year.
  6. We'll see something new Mario Kart-related, either DLC for 8D or (more likely at this stage) a whole new game.
  7. We'll see the first glimpses of the next Pokémon game, which will be a Yellow version of Sword/Shield.  It will get new Pokémon over SS.
  8. We'll see something more from Metroid Prime 4, but it won't release in 2020.
  9. We'll get at least two ports beyond TMS#FE from the Big N releasing in 2020, one Wii U and one pre-Wii U. Mad
  10. We'll hear the first rumblings of either the Switch's successor or a beefed-up version (the rumoured 'Switch Pro').

NONTENDO

I'm actually going to make a serious prediction, which is that the starting salez of at least one of the XBSX (strewth) and the PS5 will make the Switch's look like bobbins, despite not having a launch title coming anywhere near BotW.  (I'll measure that second one based on Metacritic scores of no higher than 92.)

Looking at Mas' and Jay's, I'd love a new WarioWare!  It's been too long: surely we have to get something with the garlic fiend on Switch?  Jay has got three of my predictions, only he's expanded one into two and made the other two vaguer. Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 10:46

I really like the sound of the XSX at £429 with 6 months Game Pass Ultimate, as MS can go you can play 250+ games day one thanks to backwards compatibility and on day one you can play Halo and Forza then in December Everwild (goes against my prediction) plus current games in it such as Sea of Thieves getting a update plus the rest of what normally comes to Game Pass which is about 10 games a month.

You wouldn't have to buy a game for ages, but will Joe Blogs just see PS4 is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 30 Dec 2019 - 23:42

OTHER

masofdas's washing machine will pack in. 

That's all from me, seeyas in another twelve months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyTue 31 Dec 2019 - 12:11

As a result of his Kirby's Rumour Buffet sources, Cappa's predictions are 105% accurate. Best book that check-up for your machine now, Mas.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 23:45

Balladeer wrote:
 Jay has got three of my predictions, only he's expanded one into two and made the other two vaguer. Tongue

Look, after the shambles that was my 2019 predictions, I'll be taking what I can get. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 19:00

I've tried not to copy everyone, but...

Nintiendio (sensible)

1. Breath of the Wild 2 is ready by November. I'd worry about them rushing things, but I think about Mario Galaxy 2, and I suspect they had a bucket full of ideas. It reviews really well, but secretly we all feel it didn't have the same impact as the original.
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons makes the news: Its anticipation amongst gamers blends into the real world (see Untilted Goose Game this year)
  3. Solaire of Astoria is the last announced DLC fighter in the first Smash bundle.
  4. New F-Zero! Albeit because Nintendo decide to add DLC to Mario Kart 8 DX, and make Port Town. Also a Splatoon track at the end, given their jamming into the characters and battle - in fact the first pack is called the Splatoon Cup.
  5. Some other model of Switch announced. A bigger one.
  6. The Zelda Oracle games are going to be remade in the Link's Awakening.
  7. No more new NES games online.
  8. EA refuse to make FIFA 21 to the same spec as the other consoles.

Other ones (sensible)

1. Psychonauts 2 comes out, and is sort-of OK, but its similarity to the original makes it feel a bit old-fashioned, and, even though a lot of people who backed it enjoyed it, it probably gets about a 70 on the ol' MetaCritic.
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 officially announced
  3. Last of Us II gets rave reviews now; then a year later everyone turns on it, as they feel it was too heavy-handed
  4. I actually finish a game demo I'm OK putting on itch.io (I actually finished a joke thing I made for my sister, so it could happen! I've got an idea, but suggestions welcome)
  5. Microsoft redesign their new console before launch.
  6. Tunic comes out (PLEASE)

Nintiendio (silly)

1. Smash Bros. - To make up for the lack of identical-looking Fire Emblem characters, Sakurai anounces that the additional characters are all from the series. Although the last one turns out to be Camilla, which makes DeviantArt quite happy.
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons makes the news: There's a secret song called "K K Stop Brexit" - right-wing Twitter users attack series producer Aya Kyogoku (not because has anything to do with the controversial script, but because she's a woman that they saw in the credits)
  3. New F-Zero! Although Shigsy's Starfox Zero'd it, and you have to steer using the joy-cons, but like the individual sticks in Star Wars Episode 1 Racer / Katamari Damacy.
  4. Some other model of Switch announced. It has no screen - it only goes into the TV! You still have to dock it though.
  5. Finally, CD-i games on the online service.

Other ones (silly)

1. With Elden Ring being a bit away, and after Sekiro not having quite the same universal appeal, From Software make Dark Souls Remastered Remastered. It's exactly the same as before but there's a bonfire on the outside bit of Sen's Fortress
  2. Christopher Pengilly realises there are red boxes he could be collecting, and so he purchases another switch
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 10:07

I don't know what American PS3 Classic selection has to do with a Switch.

Ohh, the red covers silly me. I kinda made the prediction myself bringing up about a Animal Crossing Switch Lite, I can even imagine it being white and pale green but AC is the only game I actually really care about in 2020 on Switch at the moment.

Even if that happened the Switch Pro talk would put me off, even if it's sounds like nonsense that it's a £400 4K Console out November to compete with the PS5 and XSX as that seems very Un-Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 12:35

Only skim read so I don't get influenced, I'll read properly after making this post.

Nintendo

- Breath of the Wild 2 gets a release date... for 2021
- Nintendo's response to the PS5/XSX is a Tetris 99 limited time event
- Animal Crossing causes a moral panic in the media
- eshop redesign that doesn't actually make it any better
- F-Zero returns as a Labo VR game
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:28

Jimbob wrote:
(I actually finished a joke thing I made for my sister, so it could happen! I've got an idea, but suggestions welcome)

Oooh. Linky?

Jimbob wrote:
...right-wing Twitter users attack series producer Aya Kyogoku (not because has anything to do with the controversial script, but because she's a woman that they saw in the credits)

Thought you said these were silly? This seems bang on. Sulk

OrangeRakoon wrote:
- Nintendo's response to the PS5/XSX is a Tetris 99 limited time event
- F-Zero returns as a Labo VR game

These two also seem annoyingly legit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 16:31

I do normally look back after a quarter but a tad late that it's now the 1/3 through a year look back instead

masofdas wrote:
Whilst I wait for the washing machine to finish, I've decided to do my 2020 gaming predictions and I hope you join in as well

Nintendo
1 Breath of the Wild 2 will launch in November, this will be what Nintendo uses to counteract the two new consoles, Nope
2 Animal Crossing Special Edition Switch Lite will release, Well we got a system but not a Lite
3 Metroid Prime HD Trilogy will release, Keep everyone excited for Prime 4 in 2021, Nothing yet
4 Super Mario Sunshine something is announced, Yep its in 3D All-Stars
5 Nier Automata is ported to Switch, I feel it for some reason, Not yet
6 A Musou using a Nintendo IP is released, Yep Hyrule Warriors AoC
7 New Warioware, Not yet
8 Switch passes 50m, Yep
9 Vanquish doesn't come to Switch, Makes no sense why it wouldn't as it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One, I seem to be right
10 Shin Megami Tensei V comes out, Still waiting till 2021 but we got info

PlayStation
1 PS4 passes 120m, It's really close at 117m
2 PS5 to launch in November, Yep
3 PS5 will cost £399.99, Well the Digital is £399
4 A new IP from Guerrilla is a PS5 launch game, Nope
5 Uncharted Something is announced, This be from the other San Diego team or Visual something, Nothing yet
6 Bluepoint's next game comes out in 2020, I hope its Legend of Dragoon but it be Demon's Souls, Yeah and its Demon's Souls
7 Kojima shows a trailer, This might sound a tad mad but work has begun on the next thing, Nothing yet
8 PSNOW is included with Plus in some sort of version like Game Pass Ultimate, Nothing yet but got the new Collection
9 PS5 is only backwards compatible with PS4 and PSVR, Yep
10 Manchester Studio do something, They've been shutdown does count as doing something

Xbox
1 Xbox Series X to launch in November, Yep
2 Xbox Series X will cost £399.99, Nope and I can't even claim a Digital version as the S is £250
3 Forza Motorsport 8 comes out November, I hope so I picked in Fantasy League, Nope
4 Sea of Thieves to get a Series X launch event, same will happen with a bunch of games, Yeah something happened
5 Everwild comes out November, I feel this was shown real early not to be out soon especially before Hellblade II and stuff not shown, Nope
6 The Initiative show something, Yep perfect Dark
7 Fable 4/reboot from Playground is shown, Yep
8 Some sort of Japanese exclusive, I'm not really sure what yet how Spencer has been talking and Yakuza coming to Xbox could be something to come, I said some sort and do have Yakuza 7 next gen being timed and so is PSO2: NG only on Xbox in the West
9 An old IP returns and I don't mean Fable, I'm talking Banjo or Perfect Dark that sort of thing, Yep Perfect Dark
10 Cyberpunk 2077 comes to Game Pass at some point, Might sound a tad crazy and doubt it be day one but like October just before the Series X in November to keep Xbox One owners happy, Looks unlikely this year

Other
1 Assassin's Creed based around Vikings is announced, Yep
2 Titanfall 3 is announced, Not yet
3 Final Fantasy XVI is shown, I feel this might be at Xbox during E3, Has been shown
4 New Sonic game, Not yet
5 Crash 4 is announced, Even though it's not the 4th Crash game it will be marketed as if it is, Bingo
6 Amazon announce some sort of gaming platform, Yep Luna
7 Dino Crisis Remake is announced in the RE engine, Not yet
8 Half-Life Alyx is the best-selling VR game ever on STEAM, I've not seen numbers
9 WoW Classic gets The Burning Crusade, Not yet
10 Atari VCS doesn't come out, Well it's not out yet

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 13 Dec 2020 - 12:54; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 27 Apr 2020 - 19:01

I'm not going to do an update until the end of the year, but already some of my suggestions are looking pret-ty good.

Not the NMH3 thing, can't see it coming out this year in this environment. Reckon my pick of Bayo 3 in the league is fairly scuppered too. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 21 Sep 2020 - 9:48

Edited my above post as wanted to see how close I was with the new consoles also I so-called Crash Bandicoot
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Well, I royally blew it in 2019's Predictions, so here we go!

Nintendo

1) BotW 2 - Winter release. I agree with Mas on this one, hence why I picked it in the Fantasy League. [NOPE! 2021, I think.]

2) A new Mario Sports game will be revealed. [Nah, I don't think we've had anything apart from Mario Kart AR, but I ain't counting that.]

3) We'll see gameplay footage of Metroid Prime 4 at E3 buuuut... [E3 didn't even happen.]

4) The game will not release in 2020 with only a rough timescale of 2021 being given. [I don't even think MP4 will make 2021!]

5) Animal Crossing: New Horizons will do nicely for itself critically with an 85+ score on Opencritic. [Sitting on a 90, so yep.]

6) We shall see a new game with Donkey Kong in a starring role. [That is a nope!]

7) A Pikmin game will be released on Switch - likely a remaster. [That's a bingo! Pikmin 3 Deluxe, coming in October.

Cool We will not see the Switch Pro this year. [I reckon this will be the case.]

9) The Pokémon game in 2020 will be an enhanced version of Sword/Shield. [Nowt new from the 'Mon this year. I reckon Sw/Sh DLC will be the thing this year.

10) Yakuza will make its way to Switch. [Nary a sign of Kiryu on Switch.]

Sony

1) Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be unveiled this year. [The safest bet that ever was bet.]

2) The PS5 will launch at £399 [Nope, £349 for the digital, right?

3) FFVII:R will be a 90+ game on Opencritic. [Sadly, just missed the mark! 88.]

4) Ghost of Tsushima won't review as well as we hope with an 80-85 score on Opencritic. [Exactly an 85.]

5) An old PS1 game or franchise will be revived - double points if it's Legend of Dragoon. [Nothing as of yet.]

Microsoft

1) Xbox Series X will be more expensive than the PS5 at launch, retailing at £429.99 buuuut... [WRONG]

2) It'll come with 6 months free Game Pass subscription. [WRONG]

3) Halo Infinite will be good, but not great. 80-85 score on Opencritic. [DELAYED]

4) Hellblade 2 does not release in 2020. [PROBABLY RIGHT]

5) We'll see a digital only edition of the new Xbox and it'll be called the Series S. [Uh exactly correct. Did we know about this last year? That feels eerily accurate otherwise from me!]

Others

1) Elden Ring will not release in 2020. [Seemingly the case.]

2) Cyberpunk 2077 will win in nearly all of the categories it is nominated in at next year's Game Awards. [Remains to be seen.]

3) We'll see another big celebrity cameo/role in a game revealed this year much like Keanu in 2019. [Tony Hawk returned? Uhhh, I guess not.

4) No Assassin's Creed game released this year, although we will see it shown off. [WRONG]

5) And lastly Mother 3... will not be released in the West. Aww! [THE YEAR AIN'T OVER YET]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 23:01

Since updating mine Amazon have announced Luna.

That Xbox One about Series S is eerily but makes sense given Xbox naming.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 11:52

I know we have a few days left of the year but can't see much being announced between now and Thursday

Nintendo
1 Breath of the Wild 2 will launch in November, this will be what Nintendo uses to counteract the two new consoles. I didn't come out 0 points
2 Animal Crossing Special Edition Switch Lite will release. We did get a proper Switch and just this month a Lite bundle with the game 0.5 points
3 Metroid Prime HD Trilogy will release, keep everyone excited for Prime 4 in 2021. Nope 0 points
4 Super Mario Sunshine something is announced. Yes in All-Stars 1 point
5 Nier Automata is ported to Switch, I feel it for some reason. Nope 0 points
6 A Musou using a Nintendo IP is released. Yes Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity 1 point.
7 New Warioware. Nope 0 points
8 Switch passes 50m. Yep 1 point
9 Vanquish doesn't come to Switch, makes no sense why it wouldn't as it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One. It didn't 1 point.
10 Shin Megami Tensei V comes out. It didn't but was dated along with III HD which did come out in Japan 0.25 points.

4.75/10

PlayStation
1 PS4 passes 120m. From what I can find it's on about 115m, so unless we do get numbers in next few days its 0 points.
2 PS5 to launch in November. Yep 1 point.
3 PS5 will cost £399.99. As two SKU's with one correct going 0.5 points as I was guessing the disc drive version.
4 A new IP from Guerrilla is a PS5 launch game. Nope 0 points.
5 Uncharted Something is announced, this will be from the other San Diego team or Visual something. Nah 0 points.
6 Bluepoints next game comes out in 2020, I hope its Legend of Dragoon, but it is Demon's Souls. Bang on 1 point.
7 Kojima shows a trailer, this might sound a tad mad but work has begun on the next thing. Nothing you had one job Keighley for TGA 0 points.
8 PSNOW is included with Plus in some sort of version like Game Pass Ultimate. Nope 0 points.
9 PS5 is only backwards compatible with PS4 and PSVR. Yep 1 point.
10 Manchester Studio do something. They were shutdown so something did happen 1 point.

4.5/10

Xbox
1 Xbox Series X to launch in November. Yep 1 point.
2 Xbox Series X will cost £399.99. Nope neither are 0 points.
3 Forza Motorsport 8 comes out November, I hope, so I picked in Fantasy League. It was announced but not out 0.25 points.
4 Sea of Thieves to get a Series X launch event, same will happen with a bunch of games. It sort of did 1 point.
5 Everwild comes out November, I feel this was shown real early not to be out soon especially before Hellblade II and stuff not shown. Nope and seems a way of like most of XGS games 0 points.
6 The Initiative show something. Yeah, Perfect Dark 1 point.
7 Fable 4/reboot from Playground is shown. Yep 1 point.
8 Some sort of Japanese exclusive, I'm not really sure what but how Spencer has been talking and Yakuza coming to Xbox could be something to come. PSO2 New Genesis is a western exclusive and Yakuza 7 Like a Dragon is a next gen timed exclusive. So yeah I guess 1 point.  
9 An old IP returns and I don't mean Fable, I'm talking Banjo or Perfect Dark that sort of thing. Perfect Dark 1 point.
10 Cyberpunk 2077 comes to Game Pass at some point, Might sound a tad crazy and doubt it be day one but like October just before the Series X in November to keep Xbox One owners happy. Nope but I think things how things are going this feels more likely than ever 0 points though.

6.25/10

Other
1 Assassin's Creed based around Vikings is announced. Yep 1 point.
2 Titanfall 3 is announced. Nope 0 points.
3 Final Fantasy XVI is shown, I feel this might be at Xbox during E3. I was shown but at Sony anyway 1 point.
4 New Sonic game. Nope 0 points.
5 Crash 4 is announced, Even though it's not the 4th Crash game it will be marketed as if it is. Bang on 1 point.
6 Amazon announce some sort of gaming platform. Yep Luna 1 point.
7 Dino Crisis Remake is announced in the RE engine. Nope 0 points.
8 Half-Life Alyx is the best-selling VR game ever on STEAM. It did break some records and is in the Top 10 of the year in terms of revenue but all time no idea and I think it was Valve would be saying it is so 0 points.
9 WoW Classic gets The Burning Crusade. Nope 0 points.
10 Atari VCS doesn't come out. Damn you Atari and your awful looking console that came out like a week ago, just in time for me to get 0 points DAMN YOU!

4/10

Total 19.5/40, not a great year with only really Xbox being my strength which I don't know will continue into 2021 or not.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 18:51

Predictions for 2021

Nintendo

1. Gameboy App for Nintendo Switch Online
2. Metroid Prime Trilogy HD release
3. Nier Automata Switch
4. Upgraded Switch release, or at least a new Switch model
5. New Warioware game
6. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes announced
7. Super Mario Galaxy 2 released for Switch
8. Advance Wars Switch announced
9. Mario Kart 9 announced
10. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake announced
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 19:42

We normally start a new thread, so when we do, get Balla or Jay to move yours over.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 21:17

Nort bort zort:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 13:54

On the silly ones, think you're bang on with The Last of Us Part II from the very start not a year out, even though it's not that its more people going eww a muscular woman.

I did get another Switch which now seems like a bargain at a £145 and might even get another one in 2021 because of all the games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:49

Jim Nostradamuses it again!

I think the pandemic's done me favours on some of them and screwed me on others, so I won't be trying to separate out the effects of that.

Balladeer wrote:
NINTENDO

1. Another slow start to the year from Ninty, and another belting second half.  These will be measured purely on how I feel about them. Tongue That'll be a slow start and a slow second half. Aww!
  2. E3 is going to wither in importance, for Nintendo as well as everyone else.  This year's belter won't be announced at their E3 Direct.  True by default is still true.
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons lands in the 85-89 range on Metacritic.  Quite a narrow range, so I'll give myself half a point for two percentage points either way.  90.  Half a point.
  4. No More Heroes 3 to release in the latter half of this year and be pretty good, getting sur-80 on Metacritic.  It had better, my Fantasy League position depends on it...  A big fat nope to this one.
  5. We'll see another core Mario game, either 2D or 3D, releasing this year.  Half a point for the rehash of several core Mario games.
  6. We'll see something new Mario Kart-related, either DLC for 8D or (more likely at this stage) a whole new game.  They only went and did Mario Kart Live.
  7. We'll see the first glimpses of the next Pokémon game, which will be a Yellow version of Sword/Shield.  It will get new Pokémon over SS.  An ugly mishmash of quarter points given what we actually got.
  8. We'll see something more from Metroid Prime 4, but it won't release in 2020.  An easy half-mark for the second bit of this.
  9. We'll get at least two ports beyond TMS#FE from the Big N releasing in 2020, one Wii U and one pre-Wii U. Mad A monkey could have predicted this.
  10. We'll hear the first rumblings of either the Switch's successor or a beefed-up version (the rumoured 'Switch Pro'). We did not.  Internet mutterings don't count.

NONTENDO

I'm actually going to make a serious prediction, which is that the starting salez of at least one of the XBSX (strewth) and the PS5 will make the Switch's look like bobbins, despite not having a launch title coming anywhere near BotW.  (I'll measure that second one based on Metacritic scores of no higher than 92.)  I don't know whether anyone wants to check this?  Seems like it might be up Mas' street, but obviously no pressure.  I'll not be doing it.

5.5/10 for the Nintendo ones.  Pretty good for a year where the pandemic changed everything!

New thread?  New thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 17:55

PS5 and Series X both broke previous systems which makes PS5 best launch as PS4 was the best launch.

On games front Demons Souls would come close, maybe dock points as its a remake but BotW is a port so

Wil be in that new thread soon
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 21:57

Demon Souls got 92. Winner winner! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 17:31

masofdas wrote:
I did get another Switch which now seems like a bargain at a £145 and might even get another one in 2021 because of all the games.
I did see that - I didn't want to comment as I put it in the "joke" section... but Mas, this can't be working out for you, man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions    Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions   Empty

Back to top Go down

Use your 2020 vision for these Gaming Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next