We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 17:44

Bayo 3 is a must, although I doubt it fits the "releasing this winter" criteria. I predict GameBoy is added to Switch Online, or possibly N64 but with a premium subscription model offered. Can't see Nintendo just adding them without some way of making money.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 18:38

is it too soon for cruis'n blast 2
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 20:09

Could see Bayo 3 as a March game, which I know isn't winter but I'm taking it more as next 6months/Q1 2022.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:24

Belter.
It aired at 7am here so I watched the whole thing on the bike at the gym and it left me so pumped I absolutely smashed a leg day afterwards.

Splatoon!
3D Kirby!
More Monhan!
Bayonnetttttaaaaaaa!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:27

It was a belter and sure I'm going to play Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars on PS5, of course super happy to see it.

Still a fantastic line up of "exclusives" (might be odd timed one from Square and be more than this to come from indies etc)

8th Oct 21 Metroid Dread, Buying
29th Oct 21 Mario Party Superstars, Maybe
Oct 22 Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack
12th Nov 21 Shin Megami Tensei V, Buying
19th Nov 21 Pokémon Brilliant & Shining, Buying Pearl
3rd Dec 21 Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, Buying
3rd Dec 21 Big Brain Academy, Pass
Holiday 2021 Disney Magical World 2, Any good Stu?

28th Jan 22 Pokémon Legends, Buying
4th Mar 22 Triangle Strategy, Buying
22nd Mar 22 Rune Factory 5, Close to buying but like to see a few reviews
24 May 22 Touken Ranbu Warriors, Pass I don't know the IP

Spring Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Buying
Summer Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Expansion, Buying
2022 Bayonetta 3, Buying
2022 Breath of the Wild 2, Buying
2022 Chocobo GP, Depends on the price
2022 Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Pass
2022 Splatoon 3, Buying

TBA Metroid Prime 4, Buying I would think

Mix in new online services, DLC, amiibo, game & watches then  Thumbs Up!  Thumbs Up! for Nintendo

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 25 Sep 2021 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:47

I think you're buying more than me, but I'm less of an RPG guy.

I also keep forgetting about Advance Wars but I'm gonna have a blast on that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 11:03

I do buy a lot of RPGs and from last game finished thread you'll know I'm so-so with them, but helps with these coming are two Pokémon games, an Atlus RPG from my Persona experience I will like, not had a Final Fantasy Tactics for years which Triangle sort is and the same with Advance Wars.

Rune Factory 5 is a like I say is a maybe as never really played the series, Monster Hunter Sunbreak is very different and is an expansion, Zelda is Zelda.

Basically, right series or stuff that sort has nostalgia for me. Like I said in the Discord chat could see Cappa thinking that this exclusive list is way too RPG heavy, and I know I've not listed them but could see Balla yawning of seeing N64, Mega Drive, Collections of retro games in the direct.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:34

Whilst I won't be buying anything other than Metroid for the rest of the year on Switch, next year is looking stacked as far as their release calendar is looking. Great Direct!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:50

Jay avoided looking like a colossal clown I see.

I went into the Direct with low expectations and, as a result, was not disappointed. I don't care for Splatoon or Bayonetta so I was on a hiding to nothing to an extent, especially when Nintendo had already revealed most of their Q4 line-up and there were never going to be lots of megatons in a September Direct as a result - but like I said, not disappointed.  

Kirby was definitely the highlight. I predicted a more innovative Kirby would be coming out at the start of the year, but never guessed he'd be in 3D!  As somebody who had no interest in Star Allies I'm definitely up for that.  Also: it's nice to see a cute post-apocalyptic world for once, as opposed to 'oh no woe is me everybody's dead'.  

Otherwise... the MonHun expansion looked fun, Castlevania and Disco Elysium are both gaps in my gaming lexicon that I'll be looking to fill at wishlist prices, and I'm kind of interested in the card thing.  I keep forgetting about SMTV, so it was nice to be reminded of that: I can ask for that for Christmas. On the flipside, extra money required for N64 games was a bit of a kick in the teeth, Brewster is way too little too late, and Chris Pratt is rubbish.

Again: low expectations, not disappointed.  Post-Apokirby did a lot of the heavy lifting.  I will be buying lots of RPGs in 2022, just like I did in 2021.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 17:02

I really enjoyed this one. There's a lot of stuff that's not for me (I also don't really like Bayonetta - it still seems like Double Dragon with Carry On Film Jokes) but there were a lot of neat surprises. And definitely take my money with the N64 games, I'm fine with that. And Actraiser's back! Actraiser!

I know a lot of people keep complaining about the Mario cast.
You know
That the film is going to be shit anyway, right
It's a film based on a video game
A video game that's really about doing video game things rather than story things

EDIT-Y THOUGHT Do you think they forgot it wasn't live action? Anya Taylor-Joy might be the only person who could suitably "be" Princess Peach!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 13:32

I can hook you up with a number of videos and images of people being Princess Peach is incredible detail.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 20:22

Are any of them SFW? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2021 - 3:24

Why would any of them be SFW?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Dec 2021 - 19:24

Oh - you'll need to fast-forward to 29:28, helpfully.

I really didn't need anything past Chicory coming out on Switch (today!).  That's good, because there wasn't really anything past that.  Loco Motive looks interesting, but I'm not sure I'll remember it by summer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Dec 2021 - 23:38

I've bought Chicory. I wanna get that and Death's Door played before I listen to this year's TCGS GOTY show.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 15:39

Balla's being a bit nice there Laughing as the majority of that was just full of wannabe arts-y wank pretending to be games.

---

Chicory does look nice and I immediately became more interested when the dev mentioned on twitter that the switch version has various controls including motion controls. So I've put it on my ever growing eShop wish list for now.
The new River city girls 2 trailer reminded me that I should buy the first one at some point so that's went on the list also but by some distance Olli Olli World getting a release date (Feb 8th) was the best thing on the showcase.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 16:44

Even I thought some a bit to artsy as Mr Artsy Game, but love them though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 19:23

Yeah, a lot of that isn't for me. I don't think I'm in a great place mentally at the moment, but the idea that someone else's pretend videogame problems are supposed to make me feel better, I'll never get. Also - to paraphrase David Mitchell "you don't get to decide yourself if you're heartfelt; other people have to decide that for you".

Having said that, Chicory looks like a laff, and I never got round to it on the other things.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyMon 20 Dec 2021 - 20:42

Jimbob wrote:
Also - to paraphrase David Mitchell "you don't get to decide yourself if you're heartfelt; other people have to decide that for you".

Bingo! I saw a good point on twitter as well saying stuff like this should be spread out over normal directs because when you lump them altogether like they did here every thing just looks the same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2021 - 8:49

At least it makes a change from every other game being a roguelike. I'm guessing Jas wasn't rooted to every second of the Wholesome Direct.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 14:23

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 FLFF7C-WYAIrD4b?format=jpg&name=large

10pm Tomorrow, 40 mins long looking at first half of 2022 games but this is Nintendo who have said this sort of thing before then get shown a TBA game.

Think we see the March games such as Triangle & Kirby again, maybe some bigger indes such as Silksong, 3rd party such as the leaked Arkham Collection and then could see a Splatoon 3 being a 1st half of the year game which gets dated.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:05

I'm going in expecting them to spend far too long on Kirby and Triangle Strategy. Set the bar low so they can surprise me with a secret Breath of the Wild 2 summer release.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:20

Imagine if it is summer, then Super Mario Odyssey 2 in November or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyTue 8 Feb 2022 - 16:35

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm going in expecting them to spend far too long on Kirby and Triangle Strategy. Set the bar low so they can surprise me with a secret Breath of the Wild 2 summer release.

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 Qepry6df8ai61
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 8:21

He would get the shit kicked out of him if he called a colleague by his first name like that, with no honorrific, in something so official.

I'm not expecting huge reveals as we'll have an E3 one in a few months. Release dates and deets for Splatoon and Bayonetta would be nice, a little "out today" indie darling (my money is on Outer Wilds), and one interesting reveal is about all I'm thinking we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next