We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 21:15

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.segmentnext.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2Fnintendo-direct-640x360-1070959

(No there's not been a full Direct announced, just thought this picture'd be a good way to kick off the new thread.)

Indie World showcase tomorrow at 5.  I'm finding myself quite excited by the thought!  Any wished-for indie announcements?  Must be time for more about Silksong, surely?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 21:50

I can name things that might be at the show but nothing that I'm really excited about though but things like these is where you can find surprises.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 1:46

Always love an Indies showcase, there's almost always a Shadow drop too which is exciting, considering most of Fantasy Critic games are indies I could do with a good showing here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 17:46

I enjoyed the spotlight as a lot of games I liked the look off but for me I see something like Spiritfarer which looks real cool but it's $30 on Switch from what I gather but is in my Game Pass sub.

That's what this who sort did, I saw cool things but I can just wait for most of them to be in that service. I've said similar about films certainly with Disney outside MCU, I'll watch on D+ not in a Cinema.

Also, why is everything either today or 2021 surely so many out today is bad for indies as people only have so much money, time and with how the eShop is the game could get lost in a few weeks if you don't wish list it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 18:36

I was hoping that Hades game would come to Switch so that indie show started off strong but not much else interested me after that. Card Shark looked totally different from anything else so will keep an eye out for that & I noticed that 'Inmost' which was initially announced a few years ago (I think) was snuck into the sizzle reel with a date of August 21st.

So, fairly happy overall.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 18:45

'Fairly happy' is a good summary I reckon. Some interesting stuff, some boring stuff, a really odd pick for a finale (I love UGG more than most but I don't think it's replayable at all), and a strange split whereby everything's either out today or in 2021.

Think I'll pick up Spiritfarer and wishlist A Brief Hike. Haven interests me potentially because co-op, but it looks like it could potential be nauseating depending on how it's handled.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 18:50

Well you know that I really liked UGG then replayed and wasn't as funny but might be in CO-OP if you can get some good #bantz

Nice to see She Dreams Elsewhere which I recently talked about, just a shame it's now 2021
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 19:05

Looked like to Jay-bait, that one. Thumbs Up!

I have promised The Lady that I will try Subnautica. I know you said I wouldn't like it Mas, but it is all about the exploration so maybe I'll get on okay wi'it?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 21:52

I wasn't brave enough to explore anywhere in Subnautica so I had to give up. That's just me though, it is a good game that's for sure!
I'm quite keen on Manifold Garden - it looks properly puzzly and no mistake. Anyone played it elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 22:04

You might Balla but I'd be super shocked if you do as just feels like everything you hate about games is in that game. Also, it didn't look good on the One X and I know you don't care about graphics etc but could be one that doesn't run well similar to Ark (I'm sure Smurf said that was iffy on Switch).

I've not played MG but I remember it was till now a timed Apple Arcade exclusive and was one of the highest rated games of last year, which even showed up on Opencrtic unlike other mobile games.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyTue 18 Aug 2020 - 22:54

I really enjoyed it, I think I'm starting to lean heavily towards preferring indie stuff these days, or the idea of them at least. I put about 6 of the games released today straight in the wishlist and if I was feeling less sensible I'd already have them downloaded. I guess it was just nice to see so many with release dates this year, there's loads of new games on the eShop every week but quality stuff has felt a little light this year, now it's looking like there should plenty on the Switch to see out 2020.

I do have both Subnautica and Ark on PS4 and whilst Subnautica is definitely the better of the two in terms of how well it runs I'm very surprised to see it's coming to the Switch as it shares a lot in common with Ark, different people though so the port might be better than the Ark port is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 2:35

I've had Subnautica on ps4 for ages so I really should get around to playing that as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 6:22

I saw quite a few things on there that I really fancy. Like everyone, I'm not currently in a position to buy any more games, but I saved all kinds of games to my wish list for me to pick up later.

I agree that the Goose Game is not necessarily one that I want to replay. What might be fun, however, would be to get Rob and Matty around, neither of whom have played it, and let them experience it for the first time in co-op.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 6:57

Treesmurf wrote:
I really enjoyed it, I think I'm starting to lean heavily towards preferring indie stuff these days, or the idea of them at least. I put about 6 of the games released today straight in the wishlist and if I was feeling less sensible I'd already have them downloaded. I guess it was just nice to see so many with release dates this year, there's loads of new games on the eShop every week but quality stuff has felt a little light this year, now it's looking like there should plenty on the Switch to see out 2020.

I've always been keen on indies but now with Game Pass that has a lot of them, sure still has bigger games due to the first party stuff but the bread and butter is indie. That been saying going into this next gen, Xbox is Netflix with lot's of content all the time, where PlayStation is the big blockbuster in Cinema traditional route.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 20:20

Surely it's still good for you that these indies were announced though Mas? An indie direct was never going to give you the 'justifications for your Switch' that you crave, but a bunch of good games and dates is still a bunch of good games and dates, wherever you play 'em.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 20:24

Yeah like I said in my first post after the spotlight, I enjoyed it and going to enjoy the games just where and how I'm going to play is different to what it once was.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 20:41

Fair enough.  

I've wishlisted Spiritfarer, Brief Hike, that perspective puzzly thing whose name I can't recall, and Evergate.  I'm keen to hear about anyone's experiences with Raji, which looks interesting but technically shonky.

Thinking about it, I'm slightly gutted we didn't get Fall Guys on Switch. Looks like it would've been a perfect fit, and more than simple enough.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 20:43

I've taken the plunge on A Short Hike based on positive comments I read on reddit and this glowing review from Eurogamer when it came out for PC last year. Will let you know my thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 20:46

Hope you enjoy Rum - it looks lovely. By which I mean, it actually looks like a late DS or early 3DS game? Which looks lovely because nostalgia.

I see that Scullion's got on board the 'proper Direct next week' rumour train... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 23:37

If Scullion is on board it gives me hope although he's never usually so blatant about it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyWed 19 Aug 2020 - 23:52

Wouldn't that company he mentions wait till there own event in September to show that game?

I might checkout the hike game
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptyThu 20 Aug 2020 - 0:09

You'd think so, he perhaps just used it as a way to drop it in there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 19:30

Balladeer wrote:
I'm keen to hear about anyone's experiences with Raji, which looks interesting but technically shonky.

Oh - me too. I like the idea that there's some other cultural (noun) other than European / Japanese that's being made into a game; Never Alone was very exciting as an idea.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 23:19

masofdas wrote:

I might checkout the hike game

TCGS made it sound really good, so that's high on my list next time I have space for a new game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 23:51

I did check it out and also download Takeshi, once I finish that I'll post my thoughts in last game thread on those two along with Battletoads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next