We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 15:09

Laughing You and Jas and Jay all I presume!

Conversely I thought Nintendo Life's indie showcase was kinda weak. Not very much that excited me there, maybe only the 'I'm not really a doctor' game but I didn't like the voice acting much for that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Sep 2020 - 16:22

Balladeer wrote:
Laughing You and Jas and Jay all I presume!

Yeah, we were having a little mutual emotional breakdown in our group chat
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 22:50

I think me and Buska opened up the chat within seconds of each other to type "LADS" and start to gush about what we just saw. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 14:43

I thought you were just replying to me but its pleasing to know we both felt the need to LADS
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2020 - 15:36

Pokémon looks good, innit.

But that animated music video at the end . . . gorgeous. It almost reminded me of one of Hosoda's Digimons.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2020 - 20:02

I'm so ready for a big snow based area, not all that bothered about the legendaries but that'll definitely keep me busy, also hoping they've got something like the Diglett hunt on this one too. Curious to see what the Star Tournament involves, think there could be a bit of depth to that if it's not scripted and changes with different tournaments. Loved the song, going right in my playlist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyThu 1 Oct 2020 - 19:38

Argh, I didn't listen to the song! Aww! Time to go back and find it, I guess?

Otherwise... yep that's more Sword & Shield alright. It really didn't need almost every legendary brought back folks...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyFri 2 Oct 2020 - 2:11

Balladeer wrote:
It really didn't need almost every legendary brought back folks...

Why not? Seems like a bit of fun and it lets people avoid paying crazy second hand prices for old games if they want them in their dex.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyMon 5 Oct 2020 - 19:43

I was a big fan of Dexit because it felt like, and still feels like, the sheer number of Pokémon active at any one time are overwhelming. Fewer monsters to get the head around is good. The DLC has been slowly winding that back, and the 'THEY'RE ALL HERE' attitude to the legendaries feels like the floodgates being opened. I don't imagine most people who have been with the series for this long will agree, and I understand that they needed to bring back some monsters for the DLC. In my personal opinion this is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2020 - 12:47

I've been waiting for the second dlc to drop before returning to Galar. Will be starting a new game with a Falinks and going for a fighting only playthrough, although definitely tempted by the plethora of incredible ghosts that this game has!

I am personally not bothered by the legendaries, more about having new stuff to explore. That notwithstanding, having them in the game's ecosystem is good as long as it avoids the sorts of behaviour Drunka was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2020 - 20:11

Think legendaries are kinda devalued these days for people to really care about them but for me it's just an extra bit of a challenge to play through, I might not feel compelled to go after them all but good to have the option, certainly as an optional extra.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2020 - 20:32

Better having access to the legendaries through this DLC than having your Willysaurus trapped on that copy of Pokemon Diamond that you part-exchanged to Gamestation for Pineapple Express on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2020 - 9:34

Surely Pokemon Diamond is worth a whole copy of Pineapple Express...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2020 - 12:48

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Surely Pokemon Diamond is worth a whole copy of Pineapple Express...

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 Pineapple-Express-DVD-US

Is Pokemon Diamond "hardcore hilarious" though? Does it "slap a big, fat goofy smile on your face"? And is it "FROM THE GUYS WHO BROUGHT YOU SUPERBAD"?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2020 - 15:14

That's weird because "Stick this in your pipe and smoke it" is what they tried to replace "Gotta Catch 'em all" with around the time of the 4th gen.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 18:22

Pineapple Express was how I learned that I really don't like stoner comedies/Seth Rogen.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Better having access to the legendaries through this DLC than having your Willysaurus trapped on that copy of Pokemon Diamond that you part-exchanged to Gamestation for Pineapple Express on DVD.

Oh for sure, but I was quite happy with this generation pretending that Willysaurus didn't exist - as in, not catchable, not transferable, not even in the Pokédex. Then Pokémon Gen. 9 could bring Willysaurus back in all its glory, having special Willysaurus events where you can get a shiny Willysaurus and that.

...Palkia was a really bad design wasn't it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2020 - 15:59

I like Palkia because I'm comfortable in my sexuality and not fragile in my incredible masculinity.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Oct 2020 - 18:45

I like Palkia because it reminds me of my youth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:27

Didn't get on here like I did on TOH Discord when I heard early this morning we'd get this

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 19:52

I'd say that's the best Partner Showcase we've had this year. The narration wasn't great and they still haven't learned how best to show off a JRPG, but between NMH3, BD2, the shadow-drop of NMHs 1&2, the cloudy-woudy stuff, HAL's mobile wotsit, and the AoC demo., this was stuffed with gaming goodness of which I might myself play 2/3 of a game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 20:49

Someone has forgotten about last months showcase that had a bunch of Monster Hunter in it. Razz (Also Hades was in that show as well)

That aside there was some very good stuff in there like NMH 1&2 and the Age of calamity demo, but mostly I skipped past the majority of the video.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 20:51

I'd forgotten that was a Partner Showcase! Duh! I think this had more stuff that I personally know I'll like, like Bravely Default and NMH3, even if MHR was the bigger bombshell; but maybe not the best then.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 20:55

Aye, I can definitely see how that's more to your taste.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 22:33

Didn't the partner showcase with Rise in it also have Stories and Rune Factory amongst others?

This showcase was fine as BDII was nice to see and get a date. Then Cloud stuff might have been the biggest thing in terms it might offer, like could Res Evil 8 which is PS5 and Series now be feasible on Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020 - 3:08

It definitely had MH stories 2 but I'm not 100 percent sure on Rune factory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next