We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:37

It did have RF5, which was my favourite thing about it.  My opinions on Stories 1 are well known.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 19:20

I know I'm a few days late, but - thoughts? It really wasn't for me for the most part, but I did like the look of Alba and maybe Happy Game. I'm a fan of Amanita so far, although Happy Game felt a little try-hard from its trailer.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 21:53

The stand outs for me were Spelunky 1+2, SMB forever & Cyber Shadow which is a good return for a 15 minute show. On another note they need to seriously either get new hosts for this or sack the person who came up with the attempts at humour in this as it was just rank rotten.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2020 - 23:03

Agreed with all that, a good showing in the end. Who would you have host it instead? I'd have Jon Champion and Ally McCoist, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 8:36

A few okay things only Gnosia I really remember though, the others be ohh I remember seeing that and it looked neat.

Plus for me Cyber Shadow has been confirmed for Game Pass and likely others shown will come to the service.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 22:50

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Agreed with all that, a good showing in the end. Who would you have host it instead? I'd have Jon Champion and Ally McCoist, natch.

ALMOST ANYONE
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2020 - 23:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

To keep it football related how about the ISS 64 commentator?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2020 - 20:51

That might've been Tony Gubba (or maybe he was just ISS 98) in which case Aww!

Yeah, those presenters are really naff. It's reverted a little bit to those scraggy E3 conferences before the end. "Oh, watch out, those Gnosia are really scary!"
I still don't exactly know what Gnosia is. But I'm fairly confident I fucking hate it.

But that Alba game looks absolutely beautiful and heartwarming, and probably what we need after this year; I've seen good reviews on other formats, so that might be my next Switch purchase.

OH - DOUBLE POST

I'm not a Theme Park person, but... this is nice, innit? Including a suitable naff explanation from the man himself.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 12:22

Right now I'm finding it hard to get excited about going to a theme park with lots of people. Aww! It'll be great for Buska, no doubt, but it's the antithesis of everything going on in the UK at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2020 - 12:08

Yeah, I get that. I think the Theme Park will - eventually - be a lot of fun for other people, and therefore it makes me very happy that it exists Smile . I have to assume something isn't Mario-y with the "Super Nintendo World" but I get that Mario is the one thing that you can get everyone to see; maybe Animal Crossing now!

Unlike Gnosia which is only fun for feckin' weirdos
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2020 - 14:40

I really want Gnosia.

And I am going to go the fuck out of that Theme Park. I will tongue kiss a full COVID ward to visit Super Nintendo World.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 17:43

It's happening

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 Screen10
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 18:56

40 minutes of Smash Bros and 10 minutes of Pokemon Snap!

For reals though, I suspect we'll get some chat about HD remasters for Zelda games and/or the Metroid Prime trilogy. And then maybe one or two big new games, hopefully... It's been a while since a big direct - I'm hoping for surprises, like when we got the announcements for Link's Awakening and Astral Chain.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2021 - 21:30

Being 1st half of 2021 makes me think won't see something like BotW2 but Nintendo past have gone here's 10 games with 9 all sorta dated for 1st of half of the year, here's a tease for beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 1:39

I'm very excited for this, and possibly setting myself up for a big disappointment Laughing

It's been a while since we had a Direct, huh? It seemed like Nintendo had jacked them in and switched to just announcing individual games. I think last year would have felt very different if, at around this time, they'd dropped one big direct with some Animal Crossing hype, the Mario stuff, Paper Mario included, Hyrule Warriors, a couple of third parties and indies, and some JRPG or whatever to pad it out. . . It never felt like we had a slate of releases, just one after another individually.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 18:50

That way disappointment lies, Buska. In other words: welcome to my world... (You're probably harder to disappoint than me though.)

For those who haven't seen it: we're planning on chatting together on the GNamer/Among Us Discord throughout the Direct. Come join!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 19:18

We have a decent slate already Feb Bravely Default II, March Monster Hunter Rise, April New Pokemon Snap, then ones like Monster Hunter Stories 2 is Summer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 19:20

2021 is going to be another bumper year for the Switch. You heard it here ('here' = 'in the predictions thread') first. Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 19:47

I do wonder if Nintendo going to be opposite to others like last year was quiet which could be down to COVID. Then this year seeing others who had a good 2020, delay games etc which as Jay mentioned elsewhere something Phil Spencer has talked about this be the year COVID does Impact.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2021 - 23:19

That was laser targeted at me so I'm pretty chuffed.

Fall Guys, Outer Wilds and Apex we kind of knew were coming but I'm glad for the confirmation. A reminder that Monster Hunter and No More Heroes exist and are coming gets me throbbing. Then there's Triangle Tactics, looks cool, Famicom Detective Club is intriguing, Age of Calamity gets a tasty little bonus . . .

Then there's Samurai Warriors 5. I like musuo games, I'm mad about Japanese history particularly the Sengoku period. Once a month or so I've typed "Warriors" on the eshop just to see if there's a samurai one in English yet.

Skyward Sword. I'd like more Zelda stuff for the anniversary, of course, but I'll take a cheeky bit of SS for now.

And then . . .

SSSPPPPPLLLLAAAAATTTOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 11:23

I thought it was a decent showing, I think many were expecting the usual checklist and then some because it'd been so long but we need to remember they've still got an entire 6 months to fill and they'll no doubt have little surprise announcements too. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess have been pretty much confirmed by some reputable sources then there's still gonna be things like Indie showcases. I think there's gonna be plenty for me to get on with based on this direct though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 11:32

In terms of what's new, I'm all about them triangles!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:01

Aye, there were a handful of new things or stuff that was finally dated that I liked the look of, stuff such as:

No more Heroes 3
Mario Golf Super Rush
Splatoon 3
Outer Wilds

Most of those are quite far away but like I said on the discord chat MH Rise will easily take me up to the first of those & I might give some of those Triangles a go as well.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:15

I get that I was pretty unenthusiastic about all of this on Discord last night, definitely thinking that too much time was spent on that rubbish Smash announcement and that four-hour Project Triangle Symmetry bit. But once you assess the mess, I think things are actually looking OK in the medium-term. Skyward Sword HD, No More Heroes III, Mario Golf: Super Rush and Fall Guys make for an unusually-appealing summer line-up for me.

Between now and then isn’t looking massively exciting for me personally, but still, a new Monster Hunter, a new Pokemon Snap and a sort-of new Super Mario can’t be regarded as bad going for the first four months of a year. Plus, there’s stuff like Crash Bandicoot 4 tucked in there – and there’ll no doubt be more Pokemon announcements on it’s twenty-fifth anniversary at the end of this month.

I lived through the Wii U era, where you'd maybe get a snifter a decent game every nine months. I've been better Directs, but this was okay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:23

I think the Smash Bros announcement just zapped all the excitement out of everybody last night Laughing & we went into "it will all be okay" mode. Poorly paced direct but yep it will indeed be more than Okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next