We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON

Go down 
+6
masofdas
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON Empty
PostSubject: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 2:21

Yes mate! Post apocalyptic! Choose where to spawn! Looks like it might have a more substantial sense of place in the singleplayer!

MORE SPLATOOOOOON
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 11:03

I need to see more of this, maybe its because it wasn't the close I was hoping for but wasn't that impressed by what I seen. The post apocalyptic look made it seem a bit blander than I'm used to with the series even though it makes perfect sense story wise and most of the gameplay looked too familiar for me. I'm sure I'll probably still get it as I've enjoyed Splatoon single player and the Octo Expansion was very good too so I'll get my money's worth, maybe if they make online infrastructure feel like it belongs in the 21st century I'd get more in to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:19

I'm well up for this but what Smurf says about the online infrastructure is very fair, give that a big boot up the arse and Nintendo could make this much bigger than it already is.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 12:21

It’ll have been five years since Splatoon 2 by the time this comes out, and first appearances make this look like a worthwhile sequel. I got good mileage out of Splatoon 2’s online multiplayer and it was magic in the Switch’s early days, so I’m looking forward for Splatoon 3 in that sense. But I don’t think I bothered with Splatoon’s offline single player for more than an hour. It just didn’t grab me at all, in either the first Wii U game or the second Switch one. I’ll see how this develops, but I don’t personally think that their energy should go into Splatoon 3’s single player modes. Sort that online infrastructure.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 14:14

I was mildly disappointed to see that this was another fully fledged Splatoon game as opposed to some weird spin off, but it's nice to see another one on the horizon especially since I never had the internet to play the second game at the time of release.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 15:08

Nintendo is updating the online behind the scenes with MonHan Rise being the first game to use it, hoping can improve here.

As for the game I like Splatoon as a series and the idea of the spaltfest again shaping the game with chaos being a theme of the game. I have seen people go why another one and what can it do new, which seems odd to me as Cappa points out Splat 2 will be 5 years old in 2022 and the series does very well.

I don't remember people going why's Halo 4 coming to 360 when Halo 3 is a thing sure gaming has changed, still like it have a new story, new MP maps, new modes (you hope) and new splatfests.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 15:59

Wow, Mas' face turn is strong. #YearOfSwitch

Treesmurf wrote:
I need to see more of this, maybe its because it wasn't the close I was hoping for but wasn't that impressed by what I seen.
Lol, I could not be more opposite in outlook! I've watched it like three times today and was so buzzing I had one of my hardest workouts in forever.

Quote :
The post apocalyptic look made it seem a bit blander than I'm used to with the series even though it makes perfect sense story wise and most of the gameplay looked too familiar for me.
The setting has always technically been post-apocalyptic. This isn't going to be Mad Max, that train is for sure taking you to some pretty insane spots with multiple biomes and colour pallets. Hopefully what it will mean is that this campaign feels like it's grounded in an actual world with weight and a sense of place, rather than vague floating game levels.

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm well up for this but what Smurf says about the online infrastructure is very fair, give that a big boot up the arse and Nintendo could make this much bigger than it already is.  
I still play Splatoon at least monthly, sometimes more, and it's fine. Shove your tick rates into your dick space.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It’ll have been five years since Splatoon 2 by the time this comes out, and first appearances make this look like a worthwhile sequel.
Yeeeeeaaah boi.
Quote :
I don’t personally think that their energy should go into Splatoon 3’s single player modes. Sort that online infrastructure.
I disagree both because I personally really like the Splatoon campaigns and because they're such utterly separate issues that I don't think one impacts the other at all.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 16:09

Muss wrote:
I was mildly disappointed to see that this was another fully fledged Splatoon game as opposed to some weird spin off, but it's nice to see another one on the horizon

This.

Splatoon is great. Give more squid kid post apcoalypse
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyThu 18 Feb 2021 - 18:32

Buska wrote:
I still play Splatoon at least monthly, sometimes more, and it's fine. Shove your tick rates into your dick space.

Laughing It's not just that even though improvements there would be nice (at least bring it back to where the first game was) but the overall package of how modes rotate or how annoying it could be to just simply squad up and play.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 14:26

I think the Splatoon mode rotation made sense when it was an obscure game with a potentially very limited playerbase. Now that it's a bona fide big hit, I think Nintendo can afford to assume there will be players for every mode all the time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 15:02

I've not played Overwatch for ages and only just jumped on Rainbow Six for Xbox One, those did/do have things that rotate.

Can't see why this can't be the same as those.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 15:56

Degrees, though, innit?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 17:34

Literally the reason I got annoyed at and stopped playing Splatoon 2 was the absolute audacity to make the co-op wave defence mode part of the timed rotation. It's a whole game mode, I would like to be able to choose to play it over something completely different as I have paid for it. Goes way beyond map rotation (fine tbh) or even game mode rotation (eh...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 19:52

Buskalilly wrote:
I think the Splatoon mode rotation made sense when it was an obscure game with a potentially very limited playerbase. Now that it's a bona fide big hit, I think Nintendo can afford to assume there will be players for every mode all the time.

I hope so, I'm fine with maps constantly rotating but for ranked battles especially you should always have free choice on what mode you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 20:10

Muss wrote:
I was mildly disappointed to see that this was another fully fledged Splatoon game as opposed to some weird spin off...

This. I realise I've cut out the 'but', but I was rubbish when I tried online Spla2n and I'd be rubbish at this as well. For a moment I thought we were getting Splatoon: the Open-World Chronicles. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 19 Feb 2021 - 22:28

Might still be we don't know what the single player will be like.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptySat 20 Feb 2021 - 17:57

Sure, but I can't see it being the main object of their attention, which I think it would have to be if it was to be a big sprawling open-world-ish adventure.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptySun 21 Feb 2021 - 14:39

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Literally the reason I got annoyed at and stopped playing Splatoon 2 was the absolute audacity to make the co-op wave defence mode part of the timed rotation.

Wheras I respected the big swinging bollocks of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptySun 21 Feb 2021 - 15:30

I don't know if I'm remembering this wrong but I think you can play Salmon run locally at any time as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptySun 21 Feb 2021 - 16:31

Ha ha! Fuck you France! Your tower's knackered, mate.

Er, other than that, there's not a lot to go on really, but I love how Splatoon's now a big enough thing that it feels like they can spend the time filling in the gaps in the world and the story. I hope they shake up the gameplay a little bit more, but I loved playing both games when they first came out.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyMon 22 Feb 2021 - 17:02

Three predictions for what I think we'll see in Splatoon 3.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 4:32

Looks good, although I was disappointed those shots of the new Kirby game weren't Splatoon 3's singleplayer, which instead seems like more of the same
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:09

More of the same is fine, and I may fire up the old Wii U to finally finish the first game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 10:50

I will thoroughly enjoy more of the same, but those early shots in the desert looked like it was going for a slightly bigger, more grounded kind of level design and then that Kirby trailer briefly made me believe.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 16:29

You might be right but I think the trailer still keeps it vague enough to be something different compared the first two games. Also I mostly want to know if the mech & grapple hooks things for the multiplayer are some sort of new game mode or abilities attached to certain weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next