We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON

Go down 
+6
masofdas
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:25

Nobody should care about my opinion on Splatoon - but I agree with Buska, I was a little disappointed to see that it all looked very familiar in world design. After the first trailer's upside-down Eiffel Tower and epic scope I hoped they might do something different, even open-worldy, with the one-player. This trailer seemed to shoot that in the head.

Balladeer wrote:
Sure, but I can't see it being the main object of their attention, which I think it would have to be if it was to be a big sprawling open-world-ish adventure.

In other words, sad to see this come true.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 9:16

The_Jaster wrote:
You might be right but I think the trailer still keeps it vague enough to be something different compared the first two games. Also I mostly want to know if the mech & grapple hooks things for the multiplayer are some sort of new game mode or abilities attached to certain weapons.

They looked like new supers to me, which is cool. I wonder if they'll rework it or keep to individual weapons having set side weapons and supers?

I also hope we get some cool mech and ink-stretching sequences in the campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 13:56

Aye, Mech single player levels would be quality!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 12:07

I really need to play the DLC campaign for Splatoon 2 after being a bit disappointed with the base singleplayer (which I never finished, compared to Splatoon 1's which I found a pleasant surprise in how good it was!)

To me that comes down to how inventive it is and how much it throws new ideas at you. Splatoon 1 was constant, 2 was a little more repetitive I think. I hear good things about the DLC though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:03

The Octo Expansion is by far the best singleplayer Splatoon content.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:08

I never played splatwoots as I didn't have the Internet for it at the time. Weirdly my Wii U also wouldn't work online at my home in the middle of nowhere so I played the original at buskas!

I'm just hoping something terrible won't happen that messes up the Web in nottingham when this drops!

That aside I'm weirdly not very pumped about this. I don't have a good reason why.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:51

I'm guessing because that trailer made it look more similar to the last game than is the case with many Nintendo franchises.  It never really held water (or ink), but Nintendo's 'we won't do another F-Zero until we can think of some interesting ideas for it' argument looks weaker with every watch of this trailer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 5:39

I've a feeling that F-Zero quote has been mistranslated and taken out of context over the years. The sad truth is, it's probably "we're not spending money on another F-Zero until we have an idea that will sell!".

I'm excited for this as I play a decent amount of Splatoon, but I'd be more pumped, and I'm sure the likes of Muss would be too, if we were still at the period in our lives where we could guarantee a good number of sessions with our pals when something like this releases.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 13:03

Buskalilly wrote:
The Octo Expansion is by far the best singleplayer Splatoon content.

Yeah but it's hard to find the motivation to buy DLC. Would have been more likely to play it if it was a standalone game Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 13:55

Buskalilly wrote:
I've a feeling that F-Zero quote has been mistranslated and taken out of context over the years. The sad truth is, it's probably "we're not spending money on another F-Zero until we have an idea that will sell!".

I'm excited for this as I play a decent amount of Splatoon, but I'd be more pumped, and I'm sure the likes of Muss would be too, if we were still at the period in our lives where we could guarantee a good number of sessions with our pals when something like this releases.

It could be a mistranslation. It could also have been accurate at the time but decision making has changed since then. My thoughts are that the idea was it wouldn't sell. Still mad we haven't seen an HD port of GX imo. Although I'm also mad that there aren't just loads of Gamecube games on the store as well.

You're right, I probably would be more excited to play it local if that were a thing I could do though. I'll probably get two copies so I can play with my girlfriend this way. There is a magic to the turf wars that no other shooter has and I'm sure we'll have a few online sessions too.

If nothing else, it'll be nice to hear those super cool Splatoon beats again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 14:06

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
You might be right but I think the trailer still keeps it vague enough to be something different compared the first two games. Also I mostly want to know if the mech & grapple hooks things for the multiplayer are some sort of new game mode or abilities attached to certain weapons.

They looked like new supers to me, which is cool. I wonder if they'll rework it or keep to individual weapons having set side weapons and supers?

Nintendo have now confirmed in tweets that these are the special weapons (the ones you get when you fill up the ink gauge) so I think the loadout system will stay the same.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 14:33

Yeah, saw the stream of tweets, that from our conversation elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the March game if Nintendo releasing one themselves that month over Bayo 3.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 8:36

Saw the trailer for this last week, and it finally convinced me that I need to give Splatoon 2 a go to catch up. I got the Octo Expansion DLC last week for cheaps in the sale, so I will be getting the base game very shortly.

The multiplayer is almost meaningless to me, but this story stuff seems to be bubbling in scope and I'm interested to see what it has to offer.

(I too would've loved to have seen a boxed, separate release of the DLC!)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2022 - 20:53

On the Dreamcast's 23rd American birthday, we will see the release of
Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 AAWuMoP
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 1:39

Yeh boi!!!!! Also the crab tank & Spider man specials look great in this turf war gameplay.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 9:56

Two days before my birthday! Thanks Nintendo!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2022 - 19:52

Tune
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2022 - 9:40

Marina's new orange pantsuit vibe is pretty cool, not gonna lie.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 10:04

From the Xenoblade thread:
Balladeer wrote:
Juniper the character is fine.  Juniper the non-binary rep is good.  Shame about that Splatoon 3 lady in that regard.
I saw people on the Splatoon facebook groups work themselves up about this, create a narrative in their heads based on nothing more than the fact that nobody called her a girl and then act furious when they were wrong.

I'm a painfully politically correct liberal guy, but this kind of Tumblr dial-a-controversy definitely does more harm than good, just muddying the waters for when something actually needs to be called out.

In other news, I have the Splatfest downloaded and I played the opening tutorial. The desert level from that initial trailer, and the city you explore as a hub, have a much more physical, grounded presence than a lot of the earlier locations, so I really hope some of the campaign reflects that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 12:31

As I said in the TOH discord nice to see likes of Juniper and people wanting Shiver to be part of more representation in games, just you know the comments in likes of NLife about Shiver. Takes me back Forza Horizon 5 getting some negative user reviews because you could select they/them as pushing the agenda.

That I don't think Nintendo can win either way.

I've also done that and watched the Treehouse of the game, looking good. Go Team Scissors.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 16:43

Buska wrote:
In other news, I have the Splatfest downloaded and I played the opening tutorial. The desert level from that initial trailer, and the city you explore as a hub, have a much more physical, grounded presence than a lot of the earlier locations, so I really hope some of the campaign reflects that.

mas wrote:
I've also done that and watched the Treehouse of the game, looking good. Go Team Scissors.

I'm all set for Saturday as well and I especially like how it's just one big 12 hour block for the splatfest rather than how they normally split up their beta test time slots.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 17:51

I'm in work though, so can only play 9am to about 12.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 21:15

That's still a good chunk of game time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 18:03

Buskalilly wrote:
From the Xenoblade thread:
Balladeer wrote:
Juniper the character is fine.  Juniper the non-binary rep is good.  Shame about that Splatoon 3 lady in that regard.
I saw people on the Splatoon facebook groups work themselves up about this, create a narrative in their heads based on nothing more than the fact that nobody called her a girl and then act furious when they were wrong.

I'm a painfully politically correct liberal guy, but this kind of Tumblr dial-a-controversy definitely does more harm than good, just muddying the waters for when something actually needs to be called out.

I didn't get too invested for precisely that reason. Nothing good comes of getting in a tizzy over rumours. Would've been nice though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Feb 2023 - 8:48

Revisiting older stuff looks cool enough.
Another campaign with the weirdness and interesting levels of Octo Expansion? Sign me up!

Between OE and Pokémon SV, there's definitely at least one young buck at Nintendo who is really into Metal Gear and Terminator and Matrix, and I'm into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON   Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon 3 - SplatoonsplatoonsplatooonpppalsltoonpasplltpoonssppplllaattooonnSSPPPLLATTOOON
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next