We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Muss
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! Empty
PostSubject: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 14:37

A few days early as I go back to work this weekend Boo

Retail Games

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! H2x1_NSwitch_MonsterHunterStories2WingsOfRuin_image1600w

2nd
Beholder NS
Do Not Feed The Monkeys NS
Evergate PS5
Mask Marker PSVR
Nightmare Boy PS4, NS
Red Wings: Aces Of The Sky PS4, NS
Tanuki Justice PS4

3rd
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 PS5

6th
Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance PS5, PS4
In Nightmare PS4
Oddworld Soulstorm PS5, PS4

8th
Farmers Vs Zombies PS5, PS4, NS

9th
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin NS
Okinawa Rush PS4, NS
The Silver Case 2425 NS
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox NS

13th
Rustler PS5, PS4, Xbox, NS
Worms Rumble PS5, PS4, Xbox, NS (CIB)

16th
F1 2021 PS5, PS4, Xbox
Gravitational PSVR
Hotline Miami Collection PS4, NS
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD NS
Observer System Redux PS5, PS4, Xbox
Song of Horror PS4
A Tale of Synapse NS
Where The Heart Leads PS4

20th
Blasphemous PS4, One, NS
Cotton Reboot! PS4, NS
Cris Tales PS5, PS4, Xbox (Game Pass), NS
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid - Super Edition PS4, ONE, NS

21st
Raiden IV X Mikado Remix NS

23rd
Blue Fire PS4
Cooking Mama: Cookstar PS4
The Keep NS (CIB)
Lost Words NS (CIB)
Monster Harvest PS4, NS
Urban Trial Tricky NS (CIB)

27th
Dariusburst: Another Chronicle EX+ PS4, NS
Necromunda: Hired Gun PS5, PS4, Xbox
NEO: The World Ends with You PS4, NS
Samurai Warriors 5 PS5, ONE, NS
Spiritfarer PS4, NS

30th
Bustafellows NS
Indie Heroes Collection 1 EC
Summer Sports Games PS5
Sword of The Necromancer PS4, NS
Terra Trilogy NS
Theme Park Simulator NS
Tribes of Midgard PS5, PS4
Vampire The Masquerade Coteries of New York + Shadows of New York PS4, NS, PC
Worms Collection 1 EC
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles Enhanced Edition PS5

I'll be getting Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin for Switch, as it does look good, especially after Treehouse. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD for Switch this is now the Zelda game this year and I haven't played for 10 years. Cris Tales on Xbox thanks to Game Pass and from the trailers I get Child of Light vibes & could see a Balla like it. NEO: The World Ends with You on Switch as PS4 is not an option and this time as NEO made for those systems the controls might be better than the first on Switch. Samurai Warriors 5 on Xbox, which I hope does well and means more of these on Xbox.

Best of the Rest

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! Space-Jam-2-A-New-Legacy

1st
Path: Through the Forest eShop

2nd
Epistory - Typing Chronicles eShop
Fear Street Trilogy Netflix
Mythic Ocean eShop
SEGA Astrocity Mini Console
Voyagers Cinema

5th
Mortal Kombat 4K, Blu, DVD

6th
A Plague Tale Innocence Next Gen Upgrade, eShop via Cloud

7th
Monsters At Work Disney+

8th
Heart of the Woods eShop
Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness Netflix

9th
amiibo Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Collection Ena, Razewing Ratha, Tsukino
Black Widow Cinema, Premier Access

12th
Fates of Ort eShop

13th
Curved Space eShop

14th
Lambs on the road: The Beginning eShop

16th
amiibo Zelda & Loftwing
The Croods 2: A New Age Cinema
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Edition Joy-Con
Space Jam: A New Legacy Cinema
Turner & Hooch Disney+

20th
Death's Door XBN (Game Pass)
Top Gun: Maverick Cinema

22nd
Nyakamon Adventures eShop
Terra Bomber eShop
Terra Lander eShop
Terra Lander II - Rockslide Rescue eShop

23rd
AKIBA'S TRIP: Hellbound & Debriefed eShop
Masters of the Universe: Revelation Netflix
OLD Cinema
Orcs Must Die! 3 PSN, XBN
Summer Olympics 2020
Wrath of Man Cinema

26th
Batman: The Long Halloween Part 2 Blu, DVD

27th
Clone Drone in the Danger Zone XBN
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PSN, eShop, Import
Microsoft Flight Simulator XBN (Game Pass)

29th
The Ascent XBN (Game Pass)
Blaster Master Zero Trilogy Import

30th
Jungle Cruise Cinema, Premier Access
The Suicide Squad Cinema

My thoughts:
A few films I might watch, like MK and The Suicide Squad etc at some point, same with shows such as Monsters at Work.
I will be getting all the amiibo because who doesn't love an amiibo.
Game wise will try Death's Door, Flight Sim which does look good, The Ascent which I feel could be a sleeper hit and all of these on Game Pass, great month for Game Pass with four new games.
One other game is Great Ace Attorney which from what I've been told seems like a Mas game, I will likely import as its rare I spend £30+ on a Digital game and actually works out at about the same price, just I'll have to wait a few weeks for the game to arrive.

What about you guys?

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 22 Jun 2021 - 9:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 15:38

Flight Simulator. How good is it going to be without the joystick? I feel like if I was going to get it I'd want to go all in.

I remember having Flight Simulator 98 back in the day. I always used the plane that could land on water.  Never read the instructions of course, but that was back when games didn't really have tutorials so just getting the plane off the ground, working out what buttons did what on, figuring out you could adjust engine speeds and your camera view, those are all things I still remember very vividly. As I do the numerous times I flew into Golden Gate bridge.

I can strongly recommend the F1 games as I have 20 and it's very good if anyone fancies a more serious racer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 15:58

Well I know on PC they added decent controller options and yesterday Xbox had an extended showcase which they brought up more console stuff like new tutorials, also what's worse that happen I'll download and don't like it, not like it's cost me anything as my sub is paid up till September then I'll find another deal.

EA now own Codemasters, they say they've left it alone, but I also wouldn't be shocked if it has some sort of loot boxes. Also, I think F1 20 is in Game Pass and came over pretty quick after launch, plus EA Play is part of Game Pass Ultimate that it be part of that in 6 months anyway.

I also will point out I seem to be buying a lot of games 5 physical (My Great Ace will come mid-August) thankfully how my pay lands it's sort 3 games this month (Mario Golf) and 3 games next month, possibly playing even more with the four new Game Pass games thankfully August (Good as September is a busy month) is looking pretty bleak at the moment, that I'll be getting to the late July games like Samurai Warriors 5 then.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 16:19

Yeah I think they had some sort of loot box like bollocks in F1 20, but it only really affected custom skins. I hope EA will leave Codemasters alone but I'm sure they'll Vince McMahon it at some point.

I'm sure the controller support will be good in Flight Sim, it's just the idea of playing without a joystick is a bit odd to me because of the memories that I have with the game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptySat 19 Jun 2021 - 16:24

Obviously I'm buying Monhan and Zelda, though I may not plsy it right away as I'm still kinda thinking about doing a full series playthrough. I also need that Zelda amiibo.

I want to play NEO TWEWY but I should try to play some form of the original first, right?

As for Samurai Warriors, I want it on Switch but if I hear it runs especially poorly I'll go PS4
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptySat 19 Jun 2021 - 16:33

They're sticks available and coming.

There's a demo of SW5 on Japanese eShop.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptySat 19 Jun 2021 - 16:39

masofdas wrote:
Oh! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 21:13

I have Skyward Sword and the matching JoyCons ordered so I can enjoy that game in its motion controlled glory. Really tempted by Monster Hunter Stories because it looks lovely, possibly the nicest looking thing on the Switch. Other than that I want the Great Ace Attorney but I'll probably wait until I've finished playing through the original trilogy, I know they're not linked but whilst that's on my backlog it makes more sense to wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:35

I'm a few days late to the thread, but I trust everybody else has already said they're picking up The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles day one?

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.me.me%2Fabsolutely-disgusting-24638394
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:29

Just the Great Ace Attorney for you Balla?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:38

That and AKIBA'S TRIP: Hellbound & Debriefed, obviously.

TGAAC is probably the only game I'll get straight away.  I could be swayed on NEO TWEWY if the reviews are good, but the more I see of it the more nervous I am that it'll come anywhere close to recapturing the magic of a DS game that I still didn't like as much as some.  Ys IX will have to wait until I've played Ys VIII, which I'm intending to ask for as a birthday present (August) since it's bloody expensive on Amazon.  MHS2 keeps tempting me with its pretties, but the core game looks exactly the same as the mediocre one I played on 3DS, and what I've seen of the writing's too similar for my liking as well.  Finally, I got quite interested in Cris Tales for a bit, before reading how its 'branching storyline/endings' are a big part of the experience.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 9:38

Ooft, that's a bad month. I guess just Ace Attorney... I'll probably try Cris Tales with it being on Gamepass, but not excited for anything.

Can I also request you add July to the name of the thread. It's a pain to find these things without the month.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 9:46

Really thought one of the best months so far this year, maybe June was better because Ratchet etc otherwise can't think off a better one.

Yeah will add but I'm not the one coming up with name ideas.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 12:36

I've picked up at least 2 games a month so far this year, this one I'm not even entirely excited about the 1 game I am picking up (I'll enjoy it, but it's not gonna be my main gamey game is it.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 13:06

Ahh different tastes I guess as I've maybe picked 2 games per month, and like 5 this month 😅

Not including Game Pass stuff as loads of new things each month anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 13:08

Balladeer wrote:
I'm a few days late to the thread, but I trust everybody else has already said they're picking up The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles day one?

It's hiding down in the "best o' the rest", so I didn't spot it.
I'll be all over it, don't you worry your pretty little head about that!

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Oh! Cheers.

By the way! I played through the first mission of this and it ran perfectly well (for a Musou game, 'natch)
If there's a PS4 demo I'll give it a go, but assuming that doesn't absolutely blow my bollocks off I'll get the Switch one for handheld opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 13:24

It doesn't help that your main hits are Zelda - a game I have no intention of spending £50 to replay, a sequel to a Monster Hunter Spin off I absolutely hated, a JRPG (which I have about 5 queued up at any given time to play) and a Warriors game (which I have about 5 queued up at any given time to play)

It's largely in my taste, but also in an overpopulated genre, I need big western games dammit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 14:16

You mention about 2 games previous months but wouldn't have thought many big westerns games amongst those.

To me it's been mainly Japanese and Indie stuff so far in 2021.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 15:03

I wasn't saying I've always had big western games, just that's what I've been lacking. Plus there have been the likes of Resi 8 and Monster Hunter which are Japanese but not JRPGs at least. I just don't need another big JRPG in my life right now...
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 17:55

I want to get Ys IX, but I've got a few big games to try and get out of the way first (Persona 5 Strikers and MH: Rise (though for the latter I know I'll never 'beat' beat it)).

The demo popped up on the eShop the other week and I gave it a bash. It's a bit odd that they just drop you in a dungeon with 10 minutes to explore and no real scene setting or explanation of the battle system - I don't think it really does the game much justice. Seemed to run well though and I enjoyed Ys VIII a lot so I'll get it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:16

masofdas wrote:

I call nonsense: my other idea explicitly had the name of the month in.  Don't be passing your choices off as the fault of the suggesters. Naughty

You could just include "(Games of [Month])" after the title to make it clear each month I guess.  Or Andy could just check all three active topics in GG like the rest of us.

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

It's hiding down in the "best o' the rest", so I didn't spot it.
I'll be all over it, don't you worry your pretty little head about that!

Thumbs Up!

Crumpy Andy wrote:
...I'm not even entirely excited about the 1 game I am picking up (I'll enjoy it, but it's not gonna be my main gamey game is it.)

Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:56

August what the games are this month!

Oh wait I'm too early sorry
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 9:25

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I call nonsense: my other idea explicitly had the name of the month in.  Don't be passing your choices off as the fault of the suggesters. Naughty

You could just include "(Games of [Month])" after the title to make it clear each month I guess.  Or Andy could just check all three active topics in GG like the rest of us.

It's fine in the month, but I often use them after the fact to check what came out this year, particularly come GOTY time, that's when I just ctrl f a month and go to town innit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 10:01

Thanks for reusing Andy

From now on if a title idea doesn't have the month in, I'll add it on the end.

Also NEO TWEWY demo coming Friday, who knows those 5 games I'm interested in could go down.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 18:10

I'm pro any idea that encourages anyone to take part in more vote threads. Grin Even if it makes it easier for Andy to pick six random monthly release threads for his completely sincere* Post and Topic of the Year votes.

I'll be playing that demo. soon enough! Got to know whether to pre-order one of the six copies that'll actually make it to the UK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!   OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July! Empty

Back to top Go down

OBJECTION! It's Too Bloody Hot! for Andy this July!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next