We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.

Go down 
+10
masofdas
Treesmurf
Muss
Balladeer
The_Jaster
neil
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Jul 2021 - 23:22

Treesmurf wrote:
Regarding the Joy-Cons, the hope for me would be that they'd quietly fix any going forward anyway, there's no reason the Joy-Cons on this can't be of a higher quality in the same way the new Zelda ones could. They're definitely aware of how big an issue it is so the question remains whether it's worth the effort of fixing future ones or whether they can afford to keep selling sub-par controllers, now I've wrote this I'm starting to think the latter. Shocked

I'd say I'm a little disappointed in a way myself but only because we'd been told to expect something better, really it's the "leakers" people should be mad with, not Nintendo.

They can definitely get away with selling old rope. There is a possibility that they haven't come out and said anything, even though they've done a fix, because doing so would acknowledge that Nintendo is at fault and open the door for class-action lawsuits; but they can definitely get away with selling old rope.

Agreed wholeheartedly on your leakers' point.

As for the general 'do we need more power' point, assuming we're about a year behind the curve because of COVID, we're in the fourth year of the Switch from a development and ideas right now. Based on past machines, especially Nintendo's home consoles, I'd expect at least a couple more years perfecting what's on offer now before leaping into a (generational) power upgrade. The New 3DS didn't exactly inspire a whole bunch of games that showed more power was 'needed' at that point. As Muss says, we've had a couple of iffy frame rates here and there, but that in and of itself isn't a reason to go Pro.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 5:38

Press have gone hands on with the OLED, seems they like it and seen compare going GBA to SP or guess Jas's DS to DS XL.

I think it all comes down to how Nintendo perceives the Switch, as I shown the numbers and we could be only few years off a new generation or hey it's here's a Pro we can get 8 years from Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:01

Considering I play my Switch docked and with the Pro Controller, there was nearly no reason I'd be upgrading beyond a whopper performance upgrade - having a PS5 is really making me notice when I switch to a game that runs at 30fps considering how used to 60fps I am now Laughing - but that'd be it. So, with all that said...

Crumpy Andy wrote:
It's a no from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:22

If you start going on about your bloody PS5 in every thread I swear to God... Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Jul 2021 - 16:31

Now that I know it's going to wind you up... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Jul 2021 - 13:08

I ordered one of these things earlier. Argos have them, or did this morning. I have almost zero excitement for it, but figure if I sell my existing Switch it won't cost that much.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:27

Is anyone hyped for receiving their OLED later this week? Did anyone else here besides me bite?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:58

Nah - considering my Switch sits docked for the vast majority of time, I'd only have been tempted if there was a boost in power with the new machine.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:00

neil wrote:
I’m disappointed

Suspect

Nah I've not picked one up. I suspect I'm stuck with my doddery day 1 Switch until they release a successor now.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 14:14

I don't know why I bought one, I could have bought a Series S for less and played tons of games I don't currently have access to... yet I have no intention of cancelling my order
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 23:20

neil wrote:
Is anyone hyped for receiving their OLED later this week? Did anyone else here besides me bite?

I'm excited to get one, but not just yet. I'll wait for an appealing special edition.
I play handheld more than most, and my Switch has been with me through a lot of adventures so it is a little worse for wear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 15:51

My Switch barely leaves the dock, now having a PS4/5 I'll be playing fewer games on Switch as I'll get for example Disco Elysium physical on PS4 then Switch, and I've got the Animal Crossing one, that I definitely don't need the OLED.

It looks so good, which I shouldn't shocked by because of using OLED VITA in the past (I really should get one to go with my three slims and TV) and looking at OLED TV's (Something else that I could get instead) that I sort want a Switch OLED and could see me playing Pokémon Pearl on it for sure, just I know a Splatoon 3 one or something will come a long which I'd also want, best to wait for that special edition.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 18:42

We've got the PS4/5, Xbox S, a gaming PC, and about 40-50 board games. Within all of that the Switch gets a look in, but only a look in, unless a big Nintendo game has dropped. So for me there really isn't any need.

I would expect it to look really nice though, OLED screens are lovely and vibrant.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Oct 2021 - 20:40

I’m kind of tempted. Some folk gave me a £100 voucher when I left my last job, and I had an accumulator come up at the weekend. In a sense, a Switch OLED is basically paid for. It would feel like a needless extravagance though. Without the aforementioned boost in power and with the fact that we’re surely getting closer to a successor, I'm thinking I can just spend that money on the games.

Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 13:53

The OLED Switch is pretty nice I have to say. I was glad to read about the Joy-Con improvements they've made. Transferring users is taking a long time so I haven't played on it properly yet, but the screen is great and the plastic on the back feels a lot better. More matt and grippy.

The screen actually looks a lot better than our TV, which is 1080p and I think standard LCD. It looks blurry and a bit crap to me for the first time!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Oct 2021 - 13:06

...got to be honest I'm starting to be tempted. Not even necessarily by the OLED: just by a Switch that isn't broken in places and has the loading time improvements.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Oct 2021 - 13:42

I'm literally in the same boat as Cappa where the perfect opportunity to get one has come about but at the same time more games would be nice. I do play handheld enough to justify it as well and whilst I'd like a special edition I fully intend to claim my dad's Monster Hunter Switch when the time is right so I'm covered there as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021 - 13:00

It's had a few hours' use in our house over the weekend.

When docked there is no advantage to having one really, it's not noticeable. In fact it's sad that the eShop is still so slow on this brand new revision. I haven't plugged a LAN cable yet, can't be bothered to dig one out.

In handheld it's a big upgrade mainly because of the screen. The size and the brightness. Looks amazing. The speakers are a lot better too. The other thing I really like is the way they back feels. It's definitely grippier and much nicer to hold. More of a matt and textured feel to the plastic.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Dec 2021 - 17:04

Well, I got a Switch OLED, despite never taking the Switch out of the dock.
The old one broke and I didn't bother getting it repaired as everything was making shit noises and aspolding.

On a positive note, it was dead easy to swap all the data over - even the Animal Crossing thing with its dedicated app wasn't too painful.

The only pain in the bum: my Mum likes Animal Crossing, and set up several extra profiles for additional human villagers. To transfer them they had to have Nintendo Online Accounts. Well, time to make up lots of fictional email addresses! Gmail even started sending me mobile verification codes after a while in case I was a bot.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Dec 2021 - 17:07

That's good to read. I've asked for an OLED for Christmas for pretty much 'the old one broke' reasons (or is in the process of breaking), and although I'm not expecting that because my parents aren't made of money I might get one for myself in the new year - so yep, it's good to read that the transfer process is painless.

Not taking the Switch out of the dock is anathema to me though! Being able to play the same games everywhere, including with my (wired) headphones on, is glorious.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptySun 12 Dec 2021 - 18:00

The OLED version is great. No regrets about upgrading. Screen, sound, kickstand, latest Joy-Cons, all good
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 7:38

It wouldn’t have taken much for me to make that upgrade from a launch day Switch to the OLED model, and I might still be convinced if a retailer brings out a good and well-priced bundle. I’d seen Amazon UK were selling the white model with Metroid Dread for £315 last month. Maybe I should have bitten there. I’d ideally like one with the new Mario Party, but I’ve not seen one yet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 9:54

The fan on my Switch is mighty loud in handheld mode, and it has the general scrapes and bumps of four years of travelling with me. I'm extremely tempted to make the upgrade, but I feel like if I hold out a nice special edition model will come along, maybe for Splatoon 3 or BotW 2 or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Dec 2021 - 12:20

Same I don't need a new Switch, minee doesn't leave dock and it's Animal Crossing Edition anyway. Yet if we get a cool OLED, I'll buy, only Nintendo can do this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 16:33

CW is looking at a Switch, and I've now found out work has OLED's, now I was waiting for a special edition, but doubt work will get one of those in (because discount, why I'm using work to buy a OLED).

I'm looking at it, like this, on the Big N's website a standard Switch is £260, the Monster Hunter Edition is £340 that is £80 more. An OLED is £310, that a Splatoon 3 OLED Edition could be £390 (I reckon it be more like £379.99), also £80 more.

Now this month we get a bonus, unsure how much but last year I got my Oculus Rift 2 with it, this could buy me an OLED this year and in work with my discount I can get an OLED for £279 that is £61 less than the Monster Hunter Switch, let alone how much cheaper it could be to a Special Edition OLED maybe upto £111 using my logic.

Much as a cool OLED would be cool that is a lot of money of possible difference in price, and sure I would buy Splatoon 3 for £40 anyway, you could argue only then a £61 saving, yet that is still a saving.

This is all based on my normal discount, however around bonus time, they do double discount because of course they do as they want to you to spend that money they just gave you with them. If we get a double discount, which is possible, then I could get an OLED for £248 think I would have to bite at that price.

I would have my Animal Crossing Switch to flog as well, which it goes for about £205 on eBay that I'm looking if I get a white OLED between £43-74 to upgrade.

Just as you know in 2021, I played 99% docked, that based on that the upgrade is 64GB instead of 32GB and not a lot else. You do know me, with new tech I'll use portable for a while to try out the screen and a few games like 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim I do want to play on portable as it is close to a VITA version I'll get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next