We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.

Go down 
+10
masofdas
Treesmurf
Muss
Balladeer
The_Jaster
neil
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:15

It's only more because it has the game though, right? So if a BotW 2 one comes out, and you're presumably buying the game anyway . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:29

As I say standard Switch is £260, the Monster Hunter Edition is £340, it comes with the game which is £49.99rpp, that is £30 more to have it looking fancy.

But as I say I've got my discount to take into account, that do I want to pay that £30 for it to look fancy (It would be more as I'd shop around to get BotW2 less than £50 (I'll but the fancy edition of the game anyway lol)) or save like £60 maybe even more if we get a double discount soon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 0:23

masofdas wrote:
do I want to pay that £30 for it to look fancy

quote="masofdas"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:50

Well we see Buska, bonus might be rubbish and double discount might be ages away, then we get an announcement of a Splatoon 3 OLED Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:37

Prediction: you buy a normal OLED then buy a special Zelda one anyway.

And only play either of them docked Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 12:00

Why a special edition would make more sense as would be there looking nice, hey if I can get a normal OLED for like £48, going to be worth it still.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 22:48

Buskalilly wrote:
Prediction: you buy a normal OLED

I have done this, as got bonus and we had them in work, it cost me £278.10p.

Now it's what I do with my Animal Crossing one as prices all over the place on eBay who take 13% (roughly) that taking to CEX might be easiest way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 18:48

I'm sure we're all shocked that Mas, who basically only plays games docked, has bought the upgrade that only improves things in handheld. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 19:43

I played a bit last night of MK8 after it downloaded and darn the screen is really nice Balla, that I think the best MK8 has ever looked.

Ohh my OLD Switch went on eBay right away for £200 (£177 after fees, so OLED cost £100 basically).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 19:45

If it gets you playing more games in handheld mode, I won't say a word against it!

But also, you don't need to advertise it to me, I want one already. Sad I've got to save a bit of money at the moment for moving house, but I'll probably get it for myself as a reward for completing that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 20:51

One of the games I got to day, I plan to play in handheld due to sorta previous games like it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 13:10

I upgraded my launch day Switch to the OLED model, and I’ve been playing on it for about a week now. All in all, I think it’s a decent upgrade. Everything you’d heard or read about the improved screen, the improved audio and the improved battery is definitely true. It’s an appreciably better system than the original Switch. Not drastically so, mind you. I wish there was a bit more to it. There’s a definitely sniff of ‘…is that it?’ with the Switch OLED, feeling like a bit of a missed opportunity to increase its processing power and its overall capabilities.

Whoever you are and whatever decision you’ve made about the OLED Switch, it’s probably the right one. This supposed leak about a Switch Pro that was doing the rounds on Twitter is well cheeky though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 13:30

Yep as I know four people (one is myself) who have bought an OLED this week or so, and then to see Super Switch talk DAMN YOU!

Which might be true as well coming from another NVIDIA leak and most of the last NVIDIA one has been true so far.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 8:08

The way they showed off the OLED model in the Pokemon trailer makes me reckon we'll get a special edition for those games, so I reckon I'll wait for that - unless a Zelda one gets revealed in the meantime, 'natch.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Whoever you are and whatever decision you’ve made about the OLED Switch, it’s probably the right one.

I bought one and put it up my bum.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 14:26

Buskalilly wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Whoever you are and whatever decision you’ve made about the OLED Switch, it’s probably the right one.

I bought one and put it up my bum.
Well they won't fix the JoyCons for free now.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jul 2022 - 10:32

Oh hey, forgot to mention: I've got one of these! So y'all have me to thank when a new Switch is announced in this coming month. Sulk

I'm bad at noticing differences in graphical fidelity. I'm almost sure I would have trotted along happily for years in SD if the Wii U hadn't dragged me into the HD era. So it shouldn't surprise anybody that I'm not noticing that much of a difference in graphical quality. The biggest difference will probably be when I scratch the screen, because I couldn't get the protector on right. Hissy fit The new kickstand is nice though, not that I'll ever use it.

One more thing: why can't I just transfer my downloaded games on the same SD card to my new Switch? Why do I have to reformat the card and redownload them? How is this in any way helpful to anyone Nintendo!? Hissy fit Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jul 2022 - 11:03

That all sounds like about what I expected to be honest.

I'll probably get the Splatoon one if I can get ahold of it. Not so much for the upgrade, but because my original model will be five and a half years of a rugged adventurous lifestyle old.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jul 2022 - 14:58

I find the screen is lovely for 2D stuff mostly and colours pop.

Switch DLSS announced soon then, nice.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:19

masofdas wrote:

Switch DLSS announced soon then, nice.

Switch Double Lenticular Sensory Spectrum
Switch: Da Lads' Super Switch
Switch Double Latte Sugar Spritz
Switch Deutsch Land Schutz Staffel
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:24

Switch Digital Love Sexy Senpais
Switch DeLuxe Smashes Steamdecks
Switch: Drift Lingers, Support Sucks
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:34

Actually, I think Mas was giving me a set of coded instructions . . .

Switch Down Load Service Specs
Switch Disembark at Lonely Subway Station
Switch Disable Lock and Security System
Switch Discretely Leave Sealed Semtex
Switch Destroy Location, Shake Society
Switch Deny Liability. Secret: Safe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:37

Applause I can't top that. Switch: Damn, Luke's Suggestions Special
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2022 - 20:33

DoPo: Having said that I didn't see that big a difference in graphical quality, I've just played Neon White for the first time on the big telly. It looks worse. So I didn't notice the improvement much, instead I'm just noticing that things look worse everywhere else. Technology is rubbish, leave me alone with my zoetropes. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2022 - 9:52

I'm often that way with new screen technology. I don't think I care about things like definition and frame rate when I go forwards, but I notice them massively when I step back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jul 2022 - 10:04

Of course the OLED is a OLED screen, and going to guess your TV isn't but really it's about the size & resolution. Why Elden Ring, apprantly looks great on the SteamDeck as that size screen even at 800p will do, then soon as you blow it up and put on a 48" screen etc you'll see thing's far more noticeably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.   Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) - Oh, Leds, this is so exciting.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next