We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyThu 16 Dec 2021 - 23:50

Announced at last week's Game Awards (The Cappuccino Kid not Best eSports Athlete, my hoop):

Some dick wrote:

Sonic Team presents...Sonic Frontiers, arriving Holiday 2022!

An experience like never before, accelerate to new heights and experience the thrill of high velocity, open-zone freedom. Battle powerful enemies as you speed through the Starfall Islands - landscapes brimming with dense forests, overflowing waterfalls, sizzling deserts and more!

I’m guessing that there’s little-to-no interest in this from most of the other folk who usually post here. But I think it could be worth watching. All the rumours and leaks suggest that it’s exactly the Breath of the Wild-esque open-world game that it’s looking like, just with a blue hedgehog instead of a green elf.

I welcome this move. Sonic Team had something that had the potential to be brilliant on their hands with the ‘boost’ style 3D Sonic games, particularly in the late ‘00s and early ‘10s. They took a new direction with it in 2013 (releasing the troubled Sonic Lost World and then the honking Sonic Boom a year later), but quickly went back to the older formula with Sonic Forces. That proved that you can’t make a game just based on that anymore though – Forces took about four years to develop and about four minutes to complete. Yet another new and braver direction might be the resurgence that the series needs. Or: it could be the next Balan Wonderworld. Who knows!

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 16:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySun 19 Dec 2021 - 17:57

I'm hopeful for this as a massive open world could actually really good to move through as Sonic. I played The Pathless at the start of the year and one of the best parts of that was zipping around it's open world at high speeds, if it can replicate that then I can see it being a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyMon 20 Dec 2021 - 4:14

I'm intrigued by the idea, but that trailer alone did nothing for me. it looked like the most generic Unity Engine tech demo of a world, with Sonic just plonked in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyFri 24 Dec 2021 - 8:35

It's Sonic, so I will buy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySun 2 Jan 2022 - 10:15

Whilst the concept is certainly intriguing, I've zero confidence in Sonic Team to pull off a solid open-world game in 2022. I'd loved to be proven wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 1:45

I don't know if we talked about it elsewhere, but the trailer for the second movie dropped as well. After the surprise of the first movie, and the old classic comicbooks and cartoons, Sonic continues to be great in everything except games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 18:42

There’s Sonic Origins announced:

Remastered versions of the first four Mega Drive games and the Mega CD game, as well as new modes, animations, missions and unlockables. I think that’s decent going. Mind you, they’re charging full price for it as a digital exclusive, and it’s measurably offering less as a whole than Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube, or even Sonic Jam on the SEGA Saturn. Then there’s the controversy around the DLC – an extra fiver for stuff that I could only generously describe as ‘fluff’.

Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers FQyhisLXEAAyyNz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 19:24

I may have got it physically but at full price digitally only along with having Mega Collection on GameCube plus other means to play, I'll be passing on it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 6:13

I think I've learned my lesson about listening to you lot and buying old Sonic games because they're "good actually". Sonic games age like cum on a sock.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 9:27

Imagine mugging yourself off and not getting character animation on the main menu, what fools!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 9:54

They are good but also just get Sonic 2 Ages version on Switch, or the hundreds of ways to play it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 9:47

I bought Sonic 2 after you all told me playing Sonic 1 wasn't enough to judge the games by and they added those Mega Drive games to the online like a week later.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 9:52

Exactly ways to play these games for the most part on PS, Xbox or Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 9:57

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the one that's tricky to play, right?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySat 23 Apr 2022 - 10:01

The other options for the MD era Sonics are

PS4/5
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic CD via NOW
Sonic 3D Blast via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic Spinball via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 via Mega Drive Classics

Xbox One/Series
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic CD via BC
Sonic Spinball via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog via BC or via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 via BC or via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 via BC
Sonic & Knuckles via BC

Switch
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine via NSO or via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic Spinball via NSO or via Mega Drive Classics
Sonic the Hedgehog via Mega Drive Classics or via AGES
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 via NSO or via Mega Drive Classics or via AGES
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySun 24 Apr 2022 - 10:05

I know I tend to poo on Sonic things easily, but I can't believe some of those things listed in that table are "premium". Character Animation in the main menu. Character Animation in the main menu.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyTue 7 Jun 2022 - 15:00

JayMoyles wrote:
Whilst the concept is certainly intriguing, I've zero confidence in Sonic Team to pull off a solid open-world game in 2022. I'd loved to be proven wrong!

Judging by the recent gameplay videos, I have certainly not been proven wrong. The lifeless open world, the bizarre animations, the mind-numbing combat... Frontiers looks like more of the same for 3D Sonic.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyWed 8 Jun 2022 - 22:29

I’ve just got round to watching snippets of those IGN trailers, and I’m quite surprised how boring it all looks. I mean all the 3D Sonic games are inconsistent, but all of them have at least some excitement in there somewhere. This just looks flat-out all-around dull. It’s hard to believe that this won’t get delayed, it looks miles off of a 2022 release.

They better not deprive us of a quality soundtrack too – I don’t want any of this Breath of the Wild-like ambience where the only sound you hear for five minutes is a horse taking a pish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyThu 9 Jun 2022 - 11:48

If there's no Crush 40 singing about rolling around at the speed of sound, then it's a lost cause.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptySat 11 Jun 2022 - 14:10

I'll be shocked if this still comes out 2022, if it does then it has to be Balan of 2022.

Ohh and Sonic 3 has adapted music in it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 12:16

I think it'll be the Balan of 2023 as well to be honest...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyTue 14 Jun 2022 - 12:20

No it is coming in 2022, you just don't understand.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 17:10

...why didn't they just do this at the start? I'm cautiously optimistic about this. No, I'm not going to measure Sonic Frontiers by the same units as the likes of Bayonetta 3, but I think I'll enjoy this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 20:00

It does look better than it did when we last posted in here.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 20:04

I'm finally playing through God of War and it's very apparent it's a fantastic game. Even with that in mind though, when this releases the same day as Ragnarok I'm probably gonna end up buying this instead, why? It's just the way I am but at least I know The King of Cappuccino's has my back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers   Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Superstars, Sonic Origins & Sonic Frontiers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next