We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch Sports

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
masofdas
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 12:39

Yeh, that's all that is. There were more than two even in the demo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 12:43

Shouldn't we be calling this Swiitch Sports
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 14:54

Buskalilly wrote:
Yeh, that's all that is. There were more than two even in the demo.

I know with randoms it was but you couldn't do online friend games in the demo though, could you? Just a wee worry as online can be an afterthought for Nintendo sometimes. (Especially private lobby type set ups)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 20:19

So did anybody actually play and enjoy this when it came out? I feel like it came out to jubilation from some quarters and a wet flatulent noise from others. I'm guessing from our silence that it was more of the latter from this quarter?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 20:54

I did get and seen a few playing it online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 21:18

I do want to get it but it just isn't an urgent buy right now, I'll probably pick up once they add golf.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 22:26

It’s been a strangely subdued launch for a game that I thought a lot of us were interested in right enough.

I’ve only played each sport a handful of times, but I’ll chip in with my early thoughts. It all works convincingly and reliably enough, and I like it’s presentation as well. There’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Sports Club and Wii Sports Resort though. Hell, there’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Sports. Hell, there’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Play. The point I’m making (in case you missed the subtly of it) is that there’s a disappointing lack of depth with it all. That's me talking about the shallowness of the options, match customisation, skills progression and with anything outwith of the sports you’re playing. There’s no minigames either, and those were an underappreciated yet really important part of the other Sports packages.

It’s hard to grumble too loudly because it’s a not a full-priced game and because what’s here is genuinely good, but at the same time I was thankful to be reminded that there’s free DLC coming out later this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyTue 3 May 2022 - 22:30

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
There’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Sports Club and Wii Sports Resort though. Hell, there’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Sports. Hell, there’s a really disappointing lack of depth compared to Wii Play. The point I’m making (in case you missed the subtly of it) is that there’s a disappointing lack of depth with it all.

Laughing Nice.

And... yeah, that's the feeling I got from looking at bits of it. That and that I don't like the not!Miis.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 9:26

Only had a brief play myself as well but have to echo Cappaa's thoughts, it seems to be very on trend for a lot of Nitnendo online/multiplayer games lately in that it's not finished, it's great to have "future updates" planned but it feels like an excuse to release unfinished products at this point. Unless I've not noticed there doesn't seem to be an option to play with friends online either and if there is it could be limited to 2. It's just really poor decision making especially when things like the Football are brilliant fun and would be even better with a few friends joining you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 9:30

Isn't the bottom option play with friends online and it's 2 local like with MK8D?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 9:40

Maybe I'll look it to it, like I say, not had a proper look at options.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 13:27

That's what I was worried about a little bit ago in the thread, the fact I'll not get much chance to play locally makes how the online works with friends really important. If it is 2 player only I'll likely not get it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 15:18

Ignore me, I did some investigating (I clicked through a few screens) and it's as Mas said and I actually predicted myself before launch. Laughing

8 PLAYER FOOTBALL MATCHES ANYONE!!!!

Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 20220510
Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 20220511
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 May 2022 - 18:28

Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 Futurama-good-news-everyone
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 10:03

I've played a bit so far, the sports are fun enough, but I am a bit miffed that you seem to have to play online with randoms to unlock anything. I just want to play local multiplayer, let me earn stuff in that way please.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 12:46

But Andy, Nintendo have such a rich culture of online video games. Why on earth would you have even the slightest expectation that you could unlock things offline?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 May 2022 - 11:25

I've been playing most days till it comes up you've played for 1hr, have a rest.

I'm enjoying playing online even though still modes lacking, like I'd be well up for the bowling how it is but with crazy lanes or more sets in Tennis.

Feel Volleyball is the weakest sport, just because you've got to do so many different motions, which I just don't feel work quite right.

Ohh and when playing you can see cool stuff in the background like a coffee shop, and island looks cool plus info like hanging out at the beach you can hear Tennis matches.  I'd love to be able to walk around it like the mode in the NBA 2K games or like a weird PlayStation Home, imagine the gear you can get but in sports you can walk to instead of a boring menu.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 May 2022 - 13:14

I got it and my kids like it, especially the sword fighting. I've only played tennis, bowling, and the swords, and they're all fine for a quick game.

One thing I noticed is that playing online will sometimes give you a fake CPU-controlled opponent. I would rather the game just told me it couldn't find anyone.

I don't know about a lack of depth. Tennis and bowling seem as good as ever to me. Looking forward to them adding golf down the line.

Not a fan of the new avatars, or the low-res look that Miis have in the game. I guess they wanted to make a departure from Miis, so people think of it as something separate from Wii Sports.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 17:20

That’s the thing about the lack of depth. Those surface-level first impressions you’ve got are kind of all that I think there’s to say about most of the sports. Everything’s playable, it’s likeable enough and it can be fun, but it’s mostly a bit…unremarkable?

It’s still surprising that Switch Sports was launched with less going for it than Wii Sports. I hope that changes though, I trust this gets a few more updates between now and the Golf game getting added later in the year.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 18:39

Did Wii Sports have a lot of depth to it? I remember feeling the same as I do about this new game, tennis and bowling (and hopefully later golf) were the best.

Playing online is actually really fun. I had a few good tennis game yesterday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 20:14

You had the target practice for tennis etc outside the core match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch Sports
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2