We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Balladeer
Buskalilly
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 19:38

I've got a lot of time for these:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 22:07

To be fair I forgot all about both the how good the Crashed Frigate area was and how peaceful the music was. Magmoor... I feel I should like it more than I do. Then again I'm not too keen on the area either, so that's somehow fitting!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 9:25

Donut Dodo is the modern-day Donkey Kong game you didn't know you wanted. It's absolutely brilliant in so many ways, but here I'm pointing out that it's got an utterly superb soundtrack on top of it. Here's two of my favourite tunes:

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 14:19

Donut Dodo is a game I do know I want - but haven't got round to yet! All hail the single screen platformer. Those tunes were ace.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 12:05

Just come in here to post the crashed tune from Prime, as it's pretty good and most of the music is.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 15:23

Somebody recently posted (elsewhere) that videogames music was designed to be unobtrusive and sit in the background. I didn't agree at the time, and after those Donut Dodo tunes I certainly don't agree now. Big Kirby vibes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 14:41

It's BayOrigins time

Title Theme

Friendship

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 20:39

Another point in its favour, that soundtrack. I'm not one for the regular, more jazzy Bayonetta stylings, but give me a dash of whimsy and I'm there day one. Hrrrrrrgh.

Here's the main theme of Meg's Monster, i.e. another one for Mas. It wouldn't be too much of a stress to say that it's the game's music that swayed me towards to picking it up.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:32

Time to watch some anime

VII Medley

From Road 96 Mile 0
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 11:41

That first piece is exactly the sort of thing that would get me pumped for the game. Embarrassed I'm an absolute sucker for an anime-style opening. Definitely disproportionately improved my enjoyment of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom for one.

People are starting to find ways around Squeenix's heavy-handed handling of YouTube, so here's a top Octopath 2 battle theme just a low-res spinning dog, nothing more.

And here, for as long as it lasts, is the theme of capitalism optimism!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 12:40

Good tunes, I’ve not started OPII or gone back to Ryza 2 (Ryza 3 reviews made me want to go back to play Ryza 2) as yet, though those tunes do make think about going for OPII.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2023 - 19:25

Just bear in mind that, as with OPT1, the music along with the visuals is by far the best bit of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 20:52

What was a good part of BotW and now looks to continue

Another one for an upcoming game
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 May 2023 - 19:34

I just hope that first tune appears in the game more prominently this time!

The Lady's playing My Time At Portia in the background, and (Smurf may have posted this already: sorry if so) I cannot believe how familiar Suspect this piece is.  Right from the start, that string pattern is incredibly recognisable.  Fast-forward to 0:46 and it's ripping off another piece from the same game!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that, but - wow.

Also here's a track from something I've actually been playing. Spoilers in the comments.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 May 2023 - 14:17

Mitsuda X Hogg

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySun 14 May 2023 - 9:11

Wow I never picked up on the Portia rip off but it explains why I liked the music in that game so much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Jul 2023 - 17:03

Spoiler-tastic TotK music? Go on then:

- Wind Temple boss. You want 3:32 for that (chef's kiss) moment.
- That one where you fight a mate who's high as a kite.
- The first phase of the final battle.
- Joe Hisaishi conducts the final final battle theme.

I do wish there'd been more all-new environmental themes, but the boss music in this game is absolutely exquisite. (Initially I typed 'explicit' instead, and... you know. Maybe. If you're into that sort of thing.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2023 - 16:56

Open-world adjacent JRPG time!

As usual, I don't really care for music with English lyrics (a stance I will immediately retract in this very post), so Mas' music from Future Redeemed didn't really do it for me - and it seems cheeky to post the bit that's just lifted from XC1, however excellent a nostalgia jolt it was.  The new battle theme is a properly upbeat bit of fun though, although it's the final boss battle that's the real star of the show and the true best nostalgia jolt.

MUSICAL SPOILERS BELOW:

Then Cassette Beasts.  Another JRPG that excels with its boss battle themes, especially this: the theme of fighting the Archangels.  A theme that's taken up a notch when you fuse against them, by doing... er.  Guess what?  Cough. Shifty (Listen to the first one first for maximum impact.)

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Oct 2023 - 21:32

F-Zero 99 is a welcome reminder of the sheer brilliance of the SNES original’s soundtrack, an all-timer for certain. What’s also worth attention is the remixes of many of those classic tunes (as well as a handful of F-Zero X’s too) from F-Zero GP Legend on the Game Boy Advance:

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2023 - 7:43

Those are fun and funky in such a way that I wonder if they arrived at the game by way of the anime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Oct 2023 - 21:15

Did we even get Legend over here? Not that it matters either way, I just remember being absolutely burned out on the series following being rubbish at both Maximum Velocity and GX in a row. Nice remixes of beloved tunes there!

I never posted Sea of Stars music in here. Despite my eventual apathy to the game, it still had some belting tunes. Here's the first battle track, and then sadly the best dungeon themes are late-game. Musical spoiler I guess, even the style of piece gives something away.

Oh, and here's the absolute banger of the best tune in the game, but... er, well, there's no easy way to say this. Jas, if you ever plan to play this game, DON'T CLICK THIS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2023 - 2:49

Balladeer wrote:
Did we even get Legend over here?  Not that it matters either way, I just remember being absolutely burned out on the series following being rubbish at both Maximum Velocity and GX in a row.  Nice remixes of beloved tunes there!

We got Legend but then Japan got a third one as well, F-Zero Climax.

I've only played Maximum Velocity out of the GBA F-Zeros, so those other two are definitely on my list of games I look out for.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Oct 2023 - 11:06

Ooh here's a question: do you reckon, given F-Zero 99's popularity, they'll start porting the GBA tracks later on? The GBA's music's always interesting, with it's "slightly better sound samples than the SNES but also using the bleep-bloops from the original Game Boy as extra sound channels".

And on board with the Sea of Stars music also
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Oct 2023 - 8:35

Jimbob wrote:
Ooh here's a question: do you reckon, given F-Zero 99's popularity, they'll start porting the GBA tracks later on?

It would be cool, but it seems like something cheap and cheerful they've probably moved on from already
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 3:41

Why did nobody mention the Pikmin 4 title theme? Maybe they did but so am I now, beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next