We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Balladeer
Buskalilly
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 17:59

That's Best Music of 2023 absolutely sewn up.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 15:11

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 Sketch15
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Jan 2024 - 14:00

I seen the picture on the main page and hoped the actual post might provide some context.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Jan 2024 - 10:39

Think Obama put out a big list of his favourite films in 2023 and obviously, his favourite music too as shared by Cappa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Jan 2024 - 18:34

I didn’t think that needed context in all fairness – Barack Obama (or his social media team) share his favourite films and songs at the end of each year. That one I posted on here was in no way, shape or form edited: he’s had the Wii Play theme on repeat because it’s an absolute belter.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 18:38

Mate! I forgot how good that was, I really miss the Wii series games, if there's one thing they absolutely nailed it's the presentation, something which I'm not sure Nintendo Switch Sports managed to emulate (I'd know if I actually booted it up more than once).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2024 - 22:03

Shimomura remixes some Shimomura tunes?  Don't mind if I do, don't mind at all.  If you can spare the time while you browse, leave that boss theme on past the 50s mark.  Forest Mushrooms meanwhile gets truly impressive in the second loop of the theme.

EDIT: Also I've found myself listening to this on repeat. Good productivity music.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 21:02

Jay might add more, and I could as well, but you've already heard Aerith Theme etc before so I give you

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2024 - 21:59

This isn't the Chop Goblins theme. That's very Mas. For the rest of us, I think we needed to be there.

Anonymous;Code is my latest VN with a top soundtrack. Have the 'shit's going down' theme, followed by the 'shit's going down but you remain unsullied' theme.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 21:12

A JRPG fan would be Winky Face

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 30 Mar 2024 - 19:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 21:02

Lovely nostalgia hit, but - unless they kept the lyric 'on your TV' for the game, I'm going to say that's not what you were looking for Mas.

Bloody hell, Novect.  You just don't let up with the absolute tear-jerkers of songs, do you.  Reminder: this is a three-hour game at most.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 12:29

@Balladeer What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? Show yes it's not in the game but playing the game made me all nostalgic
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024 - 21:50

While I'm fine with your general point, that it's not material enough to be an issue if that was intentionally what you were going for, I can't let you get away with that argument.  Selectively using half the thread title to back up your point, when the other half contains "Gaming Music". Laughing Don't forget that we've got this and this as well!

Like I say though, not actually fussed about the location of the video itself.  And it was a sweet memory.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Mar 2024 - 10:01

masofdas wrote:
A JRPG would be Winky Face

F*** me, I've not heard that in a long time, that was a trip down memory lane!
Although this was my nostalgia

NOW DO ALFRED J KWAK

This was partially about the Cold War - I wish I was joking
Er... does this count if I wish there was a game? There nearly was - but they didn't use the nice theme

Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2024 - 20:07

Penny's Big Breakaway already seems to have faded from the gaming public's conscious, after a surprise Nintendo Direct launch that (in my opinion) came too soon and ultimately looks like it backfired. That's a shame, as I've no doubt that I'll reflect back on it as one of my favourite games of the year. The soundtrack forms a big part of that judgement:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2024 - 9:02

I think I agree with the manner of the launch backfiring - however, following patches it's still on my wishlist and is probably the next game I'll look at (that or Pepper Grinder).  So I'll leave these pieces for now and come back to them later.  I want to go in minty fresh.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 10:11

Ooh, those are a bit Hat in Time-y!

I will get this eventually I promise
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 8:13

I’m not sure if Penny’s Big Breakaway is quite of the same overall quality as A Hat In Time, but it’s soundtrack is a proper treat.

I’ve just revisited and finished F-Zero: Maximum Velocity on Switch Online. It’s harder but ultimately better than I’d remembered from twenty years ago – and I thought it was very good even back then. One aspect that I’d underappreciated was its music:

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptySun 14 Apr 2024 - 9:42

Crunchy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 10:16

Yep, I can't listen to GBA music these days without taking a moment to Neutral at the soundfont. To be fair I think the title theme makes the best use of its limited tools.

Maximum Velocity is such an odd one. Complete split from the F-Zero canon to launch a handheld. Bizarre yet exciting choices all round. I don't think you'd see something similar today.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 May 2024 - 11:03

Paranormasight, then. The best moments in the game for me are associated with more creepy ambient music (or just silence), but here's a spoiler-free selection of some good tunes that mostly don't adhere to that. The third one is some pure Ace Attorney and I'm very much here for it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?   A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Third Thread in Which To Share Gaming Music - What does "official" even mean in an independent forum with like 20 users?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3