We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2023 - 16:18

Right, well, I had more time than I expected today to get everything collated together, so let's get this show on the road!

The Hazelnut Based Chocolate Bar Award for Topic of the Year

Without a good topic to discuss, we cannot have good posts. Fortunately, we've had some cracking topics to get tucked into this year and keep us logging in every week to chat away. Which topics did you guys consider the best of the best? Let's find out.

Third Place:

Second Place:

And your Topic of the Year 2022 is...:

The best of the rest:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2023 - 16:47

Thanks for the votes for the release threads.

I forgot about the winner, as I saw it more of an event, which we don't have an award for this year.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2023 - 19:27

That award announcement might be in the running for 2023's funniest post, both for the runner-up picture and for the comment that utterly rinses masofdas for his total non-engagement with the Mario Strikers patter.

My votes were in that same order, 3 2 1, can't argue with that.

What's The Score was a good game while it lasted, I'd join in again if Muss is ever bringing it back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2023 - 19:56

Great to see this firing up. Dance First was my first, second was my second, third I feel just like I felt about the same thread last year.  A good start!  (We haven't had a separate event award for years.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 7:58

I completely forgot the tier thread existed or I may have voted for it Laughing

Worthy number one, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 16:40

How about one of our new categories next?

The Great Plateau Award for Best Area or Level in 2022

Whilst some people might remember specific moments or look fondly back upon a particular character, this award is all about the areas or levels that knocked our socks off last year. Let's take a look. Unless specified, and as expected, all these have a singular vote.
Your favourite areas and zones!:

Anything you felt we missed in shouting out this year? Disagree heavily with anybody's picks?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 17:18

I feel like other people came up with more impressive suggestions than me (mine was Black Space). Aside from having a mediocre gaming year in general, none of the games I did enjoy really blew me out of the park on world design. Even Xenoblade 3, from a series that's nailed that aspect with regularity, was a little disappointing on that front.

I played two of the other worlds, and they're both good picks - without, again, blowing me out of the park. Alivel Mall is definitely the Kirby FL level that most sticks in the memory, and felt like the best tonal balance between cute Kirby foes and the Miscellaneous Apocalypse. Area Zero had a great energy to it, like y'all say really good 'forbidden area' stuff, but was a bit too long without doing enough differently throughout or having enough specific points of interest to get my vote. Still, no qualms about it winning!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 20:12

I'm also not too familiar with a lot of the locations but Black Space, Siofra River and Alivel Mall all look like very memorable areas. Of the areas I did visit I wasn't a huge fan of Vanaheim, beautiful to look at but too many annoying plantlife and overly complicated paths for my liking. Area Zero was probably the best on reflection, it really felt like a moment and that finale was chef's kiss worthy, I however chucked my vote at The Slums because I feel it deserved a shoutout, really pretty area and shows off some of Strays top nothch animation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 2:20

Yes, but . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 11:37

JayMoyles wrote:
Whilst I preferred some of the more whimsical locales in OMORI, I can definitely understand Black Space leaving a big impression on you after playing it!

Oh one more thing on this - I think the big reason the more whimsical locales didn't work so well for me is the whole 'inside Sunny's head' thing.  I kind of dismissed them as dream worlds, and happy dreams don't make much of an impact on me.  I find nightmares much more interesting.  The other one I might have voted for from that game was Humphrey, which I thought was really interesting with a couple of corking bosses - and again, a nightmarish twist. But, er, by that point I was kind of willing the game to end. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 17:57

Balladeer wrote:
The other one I might have voted for from that game was Humphrey, which I thought was really interesting with a couple of corking bosses - and again, a nightmarish twist.  But, er, by that point I was kind of willing the game to end. Laughing

Humphrey was a good bit of the game and definitely a contender, but I think the pacing was a bit strung out in that section with all the puzzling going on and all.

Anyway! Another award, shall we?

The Golden Walloper Award for Funniest Forumite

It's been another year where we've needed to use the forum as a form of escapism, I feel. What better form of escapism and forgetting about the state of the world is there than laughter? What, video games? Pipe down. It's all about the jokes.

Who were the funniest lads on the forum in 2022? Let us see!

THIRD:

SECOND:

And your winner is...:

And that's yer lot for today. What's our thoughts? Feel like you or someone else was robbed? Happy with the podium placers?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 18:18

While nobody's going to deny that three of those with one vote are very funny gents (although come on lads, show your working), it's cracking to see some fresh blood populating this award. Smile Well deserved too!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2023 - 22:02

You love to see it!
This has been the Cappa, Buska, Jimma award for far too long, so it's good to see other forumites begin to develop a sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 15:38

Guys, you've kept me sane during a really shit year with your epic bantz - many thanks indeed.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 16:37

Ahh cheers lads! It's much appreciated as there is plenty of folk on here that make me laugh a lot as well.

Buska wrote:
This has been the Cappa, Buska, Jimma award for far too long, so it's good to see other forumites begin to develop a sense of humour.

You can see that he's....

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 FP69i_ZXMAIXWfP
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 20:02

I've been working hard in the lab trying to develop that sense of humour but the distraction of faf school staff in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet stopped me from fulfilling my potential, I'll come back harder, better, faster, stronger and hornier next year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 17:08

After a little weekend intermission for the awards, let's get things back on the road. Why don't we bring about a bit of character to proceedings and hit you with a double whammy for being so patient over the weekend?

The Luigi Mario Award for Best Side Character in 2022

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 MV5BMjIyNDIyNTkzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg1MDQ2MjE@._V1_

We all know the main characters in games - we usually play as them after all, and they usually leave the biggest impression on us. But sometimes, it's the side characters that end up stealing the spotlight. Who were your favourite sidekicks and supporting roles in 2022?

Your picks:

I did promise you a double whammy, so whilst you're still reeling from that results post, let's get you another!

The Mario Mario Award for Best Main Character in 2022

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 L-intro-1632441448

Right, enough of the side acts. Let's get moving on to our protagonists. It's what we all came here for.

Your picks:

So, with that, what's your thoughts on these two awards folks? Happy with the results? Livid at your favourite character not getting enough love?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 20:17

Ah, I've just worked out what 'faf' stands for.  Lovely.

I actually gave Jay two combinations: he chose the one where he got a side-character winner, which was fair enough.  My alternative was Eunie for MC (that's definitely Mas leaving a commentless void beneath her) and Pokémon SV's Penny for side-character.  Larry is probably a better choice.  Sada/Turo were good plot devices but mediocre characters.  That train PhotoShop is magnificent though.

No idea who the MC winner is.  I've heard of all of the others.  Who the heck is he?  

I'm reckoning that Jas put all of five seconds' thought into his votes for these categories.

JayMoyles wrote:
Is "always a good hang" something people say? Laughing

Back Page pod mate.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 6 Feb 2023 - 20:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 20:29

I only played the demo of Stranger of Paradise but I'm quite glad to see some appreciation for Jack, he's an absolute bellend but in a very funny way. My knowledge of the best side character is limited and yet I've somehow attempted to do an impression of them with that line months ago on Game Game Show so they must have left an impression.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 20:59

Balla calls himself a JRPG Superfan, but doesn't know who Garland is.

And yes, it was me who didn't leave comments, least Balla knows me well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2023 - 7:55

I didn't think of it in time but I should have submitted "Andy" as my vote for side character and "Luke" for main character, that would have been funny.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2023 - 16:04

Big congratulations to The Jaster and his golden walloper.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2023 - 23:01

Balla wrote:
I'm reckoning that Jas put all of five seconds' thought into his votes for these categories.

Heeeeey! For The Tarnished one as my main character pick....maybe....but I was deadly serious about Blaidd as my side character pick.

My votes were also written out in the order of Best level, main & then side character (all Elden Ring) hence the "yes, it's Elden Ring again. Shut up!" bit, but as Jay mentions he (Blaidd) is part of the biggest side quest in the game which starts in the first area & concludes after the final boss. I also grew a personal attachment to him as I my tarnished character had a red riding hood thing going on for most of the game.

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 FoZiP0rWcAAdaqQ?format=jpg&name=large

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 FoZiQMdWcAAk_rs?format=jpg&name=large

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Big congratulations to The Jaster and his golden walloper.

Cheers!

*Helicopters the walloper award*
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 10:44

Blaidd is great and probably a better pick than Alexander, who was a bit of a bantz vote. We should have colluded Jas so we could pick a winner Laughing

I will say, Balla, that FROM games have some of the most interesting and mature character arcs in games. The message of Siegmeyer's quest in DaS is genuinely something that no media does often enough.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 11:20

Buskalilly wrote:
Blaidd is great and probably a better pick than Alexander, who was a bit of a bantz vote. We should have colluded Jas so we could pick a winner Laughing

Aye. Laughing I think Alexander would probably be a close second for me as far as side characters in ER go, having him & Blaidd for the festival boss is one of the best boss moments in video games.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next