We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation

Go down 
+2
Balladeer
JayMoyles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 13:34

Feast your ears - it's only another bloody episode of the Gracklecast!

Here's the direct link to the cast on Soundcloud.

This is a big 'un, so I've included timestamps in the Gintendo post and on the Soundcloud file description.

Join me and Balla as we wax lyrical about what the Switch 2 might bring, talk about our most wanted features for the new machine and answer some questions from you bunch.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 21:03

I had a lot of fun putting this together. Perhaps too much given the length. Shifty Remastered Gracklecast music as well!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 10:13

The new music is great and there's still some tracks I've not used that will turn up in future episodes in 2027. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyThu 28 Mar 2024 - 21:38

I gave this a listen over a couple of journeys for work. It was very enjoyable; those two and a half hours went by quickly.

I thought my highlight was going to be Balladeer making an arse of his intro, but that being immediately followed up by JayMoyles momentarily forgetting his name…I thought this podcast was the gift which kept on giving.

There’s probably lots of conversation to dissect from that and there’s definitely a couple of listener questions that can be turned into forum threads in due course. That said, I’ll just highlight that the ‘Haggis MacHaggis’ patter is from Ren & Stimpy, it can’t be claimed as being mine.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 13:30

Cheers for giving it a listen Cappa, appreciated!

I have no idea why I had a total brainfart and forgot my own name - I've done hundreds of podcasts over the years and I genuinely don't think that's ever happened. Laughing

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 29 Mar 2024 - 20:06

Not gave this a listen yet but I will do eventually, though you forgetting your name reminds me of the time Mas nearly introduced himself as Chris Moyles. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 14:41

Listening now, what you're saying about a budget SteamDeck basically what I was thinking about the Xbox handheld (rumours don't really mention a price, that it could be the other way and super expensive) as it would have loads of indies even in Game Plus and your AAA games such as Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree plus all Xbox Game Studio stuff.

And feel the Switch at the start was like WOW can play DOOM on the go, which a Series P would have, like the SteamDeck (other handheld PC's are available) has now captured some of that audience.

Yes I would buy a Switch 2 for the Nintendo games, just how many of the 139m possible Switch owners actually care about the Nintendo exclusives and more so taking Elden Ring and Silksong on the go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 8:26

I know I'd had a bit to drink by that point but I'm pretty sure we covered this?  I mean, I can re-sum up the reasons it won't fail regardless in three words: handheld, Japan, Pokémon. Some knock-on effect? Sure. I'm not expecting Switch 2 to reach the same heights sales-wise as Switch 1 in a vacuum let alone with effective competition, and I can't see Nintendo trying as hard on the indie front again sadly. But I think if anything we'll get more frequent and better Nintendo games, now that they've figured out what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024 - 9:09

I don't think Switch 2 will fail by any means but could see a DS to 3DS drop off, as I feel one of the strong selling points of the Switch was playing console games on the go, which is now gone.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 5:17

I haven't listened to this yet either because it's not in my regular podcast feed and so I only remember it exists while on the forum.

masofdas wrote:
Yes I would buy a Switch 2 for the Nintendo games, just how many of the 139m possible Switch owners actually care about the Nintendo exclusives and more so taking Elden Ring and Silksong on the go.

On the list of best-selling switch games, the first one that isn't a Nintedo game is Monster Hunter Rise at number 24, and that was an exclusive when it launched and was basically marketed like a Nintendo game.

masofdas wrote:
I don't think Switch 2 will fail by any means but could see a DS to 3DS drop off, as I feel one of the strong selling points of the Switch was playing console games on the go, which is now gone.

This still might be the case though. I think there's a section of the audience who bought into that image of playing Mario Kart at home and also at a rooftop party, and they're probably satisfied for now. Just as there was a big population who bought a Wii, enjoyed Wii Sports and Wii Fit, but didn't feel any desire for the next thing, regardless of what it was. I was actually surprised when i checked just now how much the 3DS did fall off from the DS - it was only about 50% of DS' sales.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 8:58

Yeah I could see a EXCLUSIVE MonHan being huge for Switch 2, or they get Wilds on it, could still it doing the best for reasons Balla gave of handheld, Japan etc who I doubt would care about a portable Xbox even if it's also playing Wilds and PS5 hasn't really taken off in Japan.

That's also the thing can see bunch as you say bought into playing Mario Kart on their Switch and aren't bothered about Mario Kart X or new tech. Or they moved onto other things, like DS to 3DS drop off in my opinion was due to rise of mobile (same here with Switch but rise of handheld PC systems though more the core than casual audince for that) which satisfy the Brain Training, Nintendogs audince etc.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 9:10

I'm pretty sure PS5 portal was a big stab at Japan

I doubt there are many people who bought a Steamdeck without also owning a Switch. I don't think its something normies are even aware of.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 9:20

Portal very successful as well from info we've had. And mine has kinda replaced my Switch, sure Peach could only play on Switch but stuff like Sea of Stars, Penny which I may have played on Switch, I'm now playing on Portal as they feel like handheld games.

Deck certainly one for the core gamer, and when I had mine was going to replace my Switch. Just I'm not in that ecosystem and hated the idea of buying £50+ games digital only, that went back to buying on cart for Switch or disc on another system.

Edit
Just seen the news about Gio being hired by Nintendo, though in video, same what I was saying having Elden Ring on Switch 2 would be cool, but it be a three old year game in 2025. That they hope he can get new games on Switch 2, as the gimmick of playing console games on the go is gone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyThu 18 Apr 2024 - 10:06

The PS Portal being successful is a huge indictment on modern society.

Buskalilly wrote:
I haven't listened to this yet either because it's not in my regular podcast feed and so I only remember it exists while on the forum.

Cosmic imps wait for you Buska...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:31

Jay, please add a download option!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation   Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracklecast Episode Thirteen - Switch 2 Speculation
Page 1 of 1