We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas Empty
PostSubject: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 18:37

Um... that was a quick month, wasn't it? It's great that we're back to a regular schedule for the Gracklecast now.

Well, I won't keep you waiting any longer - here's another Versus Mode episode but this time with yer boy Pengers chatting about his gaming history and then picking five games to chuck into the vault too. Any editing complaints can be directed towards Mas as he was in the editing booth for this one.

Here's a link to the cast on Mas's YouTube channel. And here's the episode up on Gintendo along with a download link.

Also, cracked up at all the chat at the start of the episode about how I'd definitely get this one out swiftly. Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 18:46

On the editing, if you turned up the volume on either recording you could hear the other person and the whole 123 Sync is fine but could I get to actually Sync up, nope.

I believe what I got has me about 1 second out, which from listening back seems fine but you might notice something I didn't.

The other thing is the tunes, yeah I wasn't spending for ever trying to figure out how to keep cutting and pasting them in, hopefully the lower volume of them sort of works.

Otherwise it was a fun cast and only took 6 months not 8 to go up.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 29 Jan 2019 - 23:16

Downloading it now but probably won't be able to listen until I go hiking at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 6:36

Downloaded, you're up next after TCGS.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyThu 31 Jan 2019 - 11:03

Cool, let me know what you guys think on my 5 games and I'm guessing Drunka you will come back thinking are gaming history up to a point is rather similar.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 10:22

Good listen guys well done. A couple of unexpected picks in there, especially your 3rd pick. Your 1st pick is one I still need to play (so probably won't ever get round to) and picks 2 and 4 definitely deserve their place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptySun 3 Feb 2019 - 11:33

Hey guys, fun thing: copy and paste this URL: http://www.gintendo.co.uk/podcast?format=RSS into your podcatching app and you can download Gracklecast episodes like a normal podcast! This will make it easy to slide Mas' Versus mode into my playlist tomorrow, and convenient to find and listen to, for example, the ace attorney casts.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 6:06

Enjoying this. The slightly out-of-sync audio isnt enough to be distracting but I did genuinely laugh out loud the first time I heard the music awkwardly shoved in with no fading and without cutting the dialogue at all Laughing

I really like Jay as a host for these. He does just what it needs, and which I worry I would fail at, and only says as much as necessary to squeeze conversation out of the guest. Although, between going back to the old podcast theme and using my cough to signal the start technique he is definitely channeling some Drunka.

As for the actual meat and potatoes of the cast, it is really nice hearing Masofdas be positive for a stretch. I also enjoyed some of his gags: particularly when he kept ribbing Jay for how late this would come out, and Jay kept getting defensive even though it was 100% accurate.

One thing the opening part made me think: I really miss the days when one could walk into a store and try a machine, and that would be how you discovered it was for you.

masofdas wrote:
Cool, let me know what you guys think on my 5 games and I'm guessing Drunka you will come back thinking are gaming history up to a point is rather similar.

Similar but damn you had a lot of consoles!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 9:52

Sure did have a lot of consoles especially the Cube, PS2 era
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyMon 4 Feb 2019 - 22:03

Drunkalilly wrote:

I really like Jay as a host for these. He does just what it needs, and which I worry I would fail at, and only says as much as necessary to squeeze conversation out of the guest. Although, between going back to the old podcast theme and using my cough to signal the start technique he is definitely channeling some Drunka.

Ah, thanks for the kind words, Drunka. Smile

I'm not the star of the show in these Versus Mode casts, so I try to keep my chat to a minimum so we can hear what the guest has to say. Glad it's working well. The podcast theme was Mas's doing, but the cough was definitely a Drunkalilly callback. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 10:49

No wonder that took months to come out: at an hour and forty-seven minutes, that was just too long for me, by about two-thirds.

A tighter, more focused and more two-way conversation that's more about the five games and less about the gaming history of the podcast's guest speaker would be what I'd be after. I think it would be a more manageable, effective and maybe even enjoyable way to record, edit and listen to this. Thumbs Up!

Edit: should say that it's not that I didn't like this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 13:52

I gotta disagree with you on that one, chief. I like the idea of a big ol' dive into a forumite. I hope to eventually have exactly this for every forumite.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:03

That should be done by 2024 then
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 19:23

I think there's a happy medium to be accomplished - I do enjoy chatting about a guest's gaming history and I reckon it's part of what makes Versus Mode work well, but I do think the format works best when it comes in at around an hour or so. One for me to mull over for the next edition of Versus Mode in December this year, probably.

On another note, I quite fancy recording a non Versus mode cast for the next edition. I'd like to do a "Switch, Two Years In" cast where we shout out some of the highlights and lowlights of the Switch's first two years alongside talking about what we'd like to see from the console moving forwards. Sound alright to you lot? Or do you have another idea for the next Gracklecast? I'd love to hear suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyTue 5 Feb 2019 - 23:47

I had some other ideas for the Switch 2-year anniversary, for gintendo and the forum, but a cast won't step on my toes too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 10:42

I was thinking about doing something on GS but would up for a cast and I'd gather you'd want someone who's pessimistic.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 20:37

Laughing

A differing opinion would be nice, sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas   Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracklecast Episode Seven: Versus Mode - Masofdas
Page 1 of 1